Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Yesterday they told me, alot of beta emails came back becuse of wrong address's and spam filters and everyone who sigined up would be getting a copy shortly, don't know where you get your info, but I have the email from them to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I'm with Sprint and the funny thing is that even though sometimes I may have only one bar the video quality is great. Other times, I may have 3 bars and the video quality is just fair. I have a feeling that it may have something to do with how many people are using a channel at the same time. I say that because CMT beat video is always choppy and it might be because more people watch music videos than news. As you can see, I love MobiTV and my Treo of course

Al
    From what I have read here, the number of bars on the Sprint digital network should not matter for speed. Whether you have 1 or 4 bars, you should be able to get the same quality.
    Michael355 - Per your thread so there's hope that I'll get the beta as I signed up months ago.
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric
    Michael355 - Per your thread so there's hope that I'll get the beta as I signed up months ago.
    I will post the email sent to me from Mike @ Mobi when I get home today.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael355
    Yesterday they told me, alot of beta emails came back becuse of wrong address's and spam filters and everyone who sigined up would be getting a copy shortly, don't know where you get your info, but I have the email from them to prove it.
    If you meant me, I got my infor from this post on page 11, from MobiTV:
    -This beta is not running on our production infrastructure, it's just one box. To make sure everybody has a good experience, we need to keep the numbers fairly limited, and I beg you all to respect that, even though the process for giving this out may seem arbitrary. Once this launches for real, bring it on!
    and from their email that the beta was attached to:
    This beta is intended for the recipient of this email only and cannot be forwarded to any else
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Just a great program. No issues here (sprint 650)
    Anyone else get the email to download the MobiTV beta and not get a link to where to download it from?

Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by stheo
    Anyone else get the email to download the MobiTV beta and not get a link to where to download it from?

Ugh.
    The email I originally received contained the PRC attached to the message.
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    I think alot of people are getting this email at work, and the corp servers are stripping the attachments.
    its probably in between high frame rate and low frame rate. the audio is excellent, the video is not that great. pixelizations, choppyness. but not too bad like in the low frame rate demo on their site.

i wish they had a way to mute the sound, unless we would just use the sound on/off button on the top of the treo?

Quote Originally Posted by deesugar
    So would you guys say that the Treo 650 does not qualify for the "High Frame-Rate Experience" on MobiTV? And if so why would that be?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    The speed/quality of the video is going to be more dependant upon how much bandwidth is available via the tower your treo is talking to. If everyone is using their data connection/on the phone and that tower is pretty full, your video is gonna look like crap and probably do a lot of rebuffering. If the tower is fairly idle, it'll look a bit better. Low motion video is also going to look way better than lots of motion/high rate of change/cuts. That's why the Weather channel and the news channels are usually clearer than say, discovery
    Can somebody please send me the prc for this app? PM me and I can send you my email address. I registered for this months ago and I never got any correspondance from MobiTV. I even re-registered yesterday on the site again and havent gotten anything yet.

ETA: Thanks you guys! I got it emailed to me and it rocks! =)
    Last edited by techprincesse; 08/26/2005 at 03:15 PM.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    I am in the same situation as you. On the first day when all others had got their prc via email, all I got was a dead link. When I emailed Mobi about it, I got a phone call back from a guy named Chris, saying they were sorry for the error, but they had all the beta testers they needed and wouldn't be sending out any more prcs. I would have to wait till September for the production run.
    I have noticed however, that others were still getting the prc's a day or two later.

Well that is their (Mobitv's) choice. My choice it to keep my money in my pocket.

No try, No buy! Sorry Mobi.
    Looks you have a pretty good product too.
    IMHO, it's a shame you had to limit the betas to a few select individuals, but it is your choice.

From the positive reviews I'm seeing here, you won't miss my monthly subscription fees anyway.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Interesting sociological studt: All the guys asking for this have been severly rebuked. Let's see if a princesse gets a different response ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    No try, No buy! Sorry Mobi.
    This is a beta test not a trial period.

Perhaps they'll offer a free trial when the service is actually launched and you can test it then.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    This is a beta test not a trial period.

Perhaps they'll offer a free trial when the service is actually launched and you can test it then.
    I know it's a beta.

If you prefer, No Test, No Buy.

Same difference. No subscription in September.

If they are going to limit the beta runs. For whatever the reasons, that's their choice. I really have no problem with it. But I won't be buying a subscription in September, and that is my choice. That's all.

Thread Crapper

I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    I know it's a beta.

If you prefer, No Test, No Buy.

Same difference. No subscription in September.

If they are going to limit the beta runs. For whatever the reasons, that's their choice. I really have no problem with it. But I won't be buying a subscription in September, and that is my choice. That's all.
    Hi Sound Guy!

The beta email said the beta would last about 2 weeks and then revert to a limited channel "promo". . . . .this leads me to believe that they will offer a free trial period to potential customers. . . but that is a guess on my part.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobitv
    Hi everybody -- I just wanted chime in briefly from inside MobiTV, I've spoken with a number of you and I think after a very interesting 24 hours we've gotten things pretty under control and came away with a lot of fantastic feedback. So first of all, thanks!

Do read this thread, it summarizes all the issues I know about and their workarounds (we will fix a number of them in the shipping app and continue to diagnose as we can), and I assure you that we are cranking on getting this thing to market and improving it based on your comments. I'm a long time Treo user, and making this app rock has been a priority for me and all of us. But a lot of you have asked why we didn't go fully public with the beta, and there are two main reasons that I can share with you:

-The feedback load is way more than we can handle already, let alone with more people involved (and we want to be able to respond to everybody, I hope I haven't missed any of you on technical concerns)

-This beta is not running on our production infrastructure, it's just one box. To make sure everybody has a good experience, we need to keep the numbers fairly limited, and I beg you all to respect that, even though the process for giving this out may seem arbitrary. Once this launches for real, bring it on!

So thanks again for all your interest, and please do report any further feedback to treobeta@mobitv.com. And even beyond the 650, we are firmly committed to Palm and have some very interesting plans in the works. So keep an eye out!

. . . . . . just to bump this back to the end of the thread. . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi Sound Guy!

The beta email said the beta would last about 2 weeks and then revert to a limited channel "promo". . . . .this leads me to believe that they will offer a free trial period to potential customers. . . but that is a guess on my part.

Cheers, Perry.
    I guess he doesn't care about that. He seems to offended he wasn't give the chance to beta and now plans to boycott the product because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi Sound Guy!

Cheers, Perry.
    Hey Perry, thanks for the reply. I'm sure you're right. And I really have no problem with them doing it this way. Like I said that is their choice. I respect that.

What I guess I have a hard time understanding is, if your going to test a beta, why wouldn't you put it out on the production servers, instead of some limited test server? Let's say the limited run works great for everyone, which it seems to be doing for the most part, then in September you do a full release. Also let's say the response to the beta is so overwhelming, that come September everyone buy's this thing, and the load starts causing the servers to bog down the streams, or worse yet crash. A lot of people who paid for subs. are going to upset when they can't access a stream.

Then where would the beta fit in? Was it just to find out if it works under prime conditions? What about testing under load? Anyway, just my opinion.

And people are offering to email the prc anyway. I had 5 pms just while typing this. While I thank them all for the offer, It is Mobi's wish that this not happen, and I respect that.
    So while I thank you, please do not offer to send me this.

I wish the folks at Mobi well with it's run.
    Last edited by TheLiveSoundGuy; 08/26/2005 at 02:51 PM.

Thread Crapper