Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings
    I live in South Florida and we are awaiting Hurricane Katrina to make landfall in just a few hours. We expect to lose power tonight and probably for days. Would be great to get weather updates on my Treo through MobiTV.
    If you do receive it, hopefully towers are available to provide the service to your Treo...
    I've got the "silence" bug narrowed down now to an easy fix. Still more testing required to single the file out, but I'm a lot closer than ever before. I will post as soon as I know something.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings

Sure would help keep the wife and 5 year old calm when the rest of the house is dark.......
    Nice try, I must admit. Seeing tiny pixelated blobs of green on your Treo wouldn't add much to the hurricane experience. Better get some fresh batteries for your portable radio before the QuickieMart gets sold out.
    FIX FOR USERS WHO CAN'T HEAR SOUND
    ==============================
    Simply go into your applications, select "Delete" from the pulldown menu. Search for the file "StatusBarLib" and delete it. Soft reset the Treo and it will work fine!

Apparently "StatusBarLib.prc" is a support file for T3 users. Somehow I got it installed on my Treo. I'm sure this is probably the problem everyone else is running into as well.

This will fix the sound without having to do a hard reset.

Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I guess I'm screwed My Vision Picture Pack goes like this:
    $10
    -Unlimited Web
    -100 Text messages
    -Free Picture Mail

Now, they are offering me the Vision Premium Pack:
    $10
    -Unlimited Web
    -$5 Credit towards downloads

So I would be trading
    -100 text messages
    -Free Picture Mail

For
    -$5 credit

and I guess MobiTv will be for $5 additional.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks,

Al
    I'm getting PCS Vision Pictures Pack for $15 (unlimited web and text messages, picture mail, $5 credit toward dloads), but they just told me the credit isn't usable for MobiTV, as it's just for things like ringtones or their one time dload programs. Where did you all see/hear you could use it for MobiTV? Also, how do you all have it at $10? They tell me I could get a media pack for $20 that includes the MobiTV and includes a $5 dload credit, but that it doesn't include any text messages so it would be an additional $10 to have unlimited text messages. In that case, it would cost me $30 compared to my $15 plus the $10 for MobiTV. UGH!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    With sprint it depends on who you ask. I called and was told it was a $5 credit and it is good for mobi not mention of the $20 . If I call tomorrow they will tell me there is no $5 credit and mobi tv is $20 . wierd how the CSR at Sprint always have different storys. I persoanally have no rpblems with sprint and love there servcie but that always bothered me. Cant get a straight story.

When I purchased my Treo 650 rep on phone gave me a $150 credit to keep me with sprint even though i didnt have the phone 18 months. After i mailed it it i only recieved a refund of $75 . I called and they told me it was half becasue I didnt have the phone 18 months????

It took over 2 weeks of arguing to get that $75 back. but it was not easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowza
    Simply go into your applications, select "Delete" from the pulldown menu. Search for the file "StatusBarLib" and delete it. Soft reset the Treo and it will work fine!

Apparently "StatusBarLib.prc" is a support file for T3 users. Somehow I got it installed on my Treo. I'm sure this is probably the problem everyone else is running into as well.

Enjoy!
    You da Man, Crowza!

That was it! It's working great now!
    Thanks.
    Please people they asked us not to distribute this file. We will all suffer if they take this away from us. Respect there wishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowza

Enjoy!
    i deleted that file but mobitv still doesnt play sound !! what's going on,i have mobitv on the card via powerrun, could that be the reason,or do other powerrun users not have this issue.....huh??? crowsa ,what was your elemination process/application for finding this out,filez,cleanup..etc. ??

edit:nevermind.....i got excited and didnt read the rest of your post and RESET THE PHONE, that's what it was..!!
    Last edited by Ljj8503; 08/25/2005 at 06:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sisko
    Umm, my picture quality ain't nearly that good....it's all pixelated and such. Even with 4 bars!
    I suspect that impressions of quality will be very subjective. Mine is not anywhere near high-def cable, but after struggling with streaming as it has matured over the last decade, I am a little easier to please. Even getting my slingbox feed on a high end laptop at 400k is not perfect, suffering from some of the same skips and pops and freeze-frames. This is a lot better that I thought it would be, and will likely get better as bandwidth expands on the wireless network. It probably helps a lot that the screen is so small in terms of the bandwidth needed!
    Is there a way to set it so that it doesn't go into pause mode after a few minutes forcing you to hit a key to resume and then having to reaquire the signal?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  13.    #314  
    Hi all,

As promised I have created a video of my Treo 650 running MobiTV for those of you who haven't seen it in action. It is really good. The picture quality could be bad at first, but after a minute or so it gets better. The sound I would recommend using headphones. Here is the video, but I think it will be killed in a couple of days so if anybody has space feel free to upload it (THE VIDEO NOT THE SOFTWARE. Some people are just a pain)

http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0F...N0CQCYQ971PB1W

Al
    Last edited by TreoRock; 08/27/2005 at 01:32 AM.
    Great video....what network are you on?

I'm in L.A. on Cingular and I get a much choppier video than that.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  15.    #316  
    I'm with Sprint and the funny thing is that even though sometimes I may have only one bar the video quality is great. Other times, I may have 3 bars and the video quality is just fair. I have a feeling that it may have something to do with how many people are using a channel at the same time. I say that because CMT beat video is always choppy and it might be because more people watch music videos than news. As you can see, I love MobiTV and my Treo of course

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    Keep in mind that the 600 requires only one-fourth as many pixels as the 650...so the date speed should not be an issue.
    Good point. And the high quality video on the 650 seems to be about 56kbps. Low quality (lower frame rate) or lower resolution would be well within the GRPS range.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I'm sold, where do I sign?
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    Please people they asked us not to distribute this file. We will all suffer if they take this away from us. Respect there wishes.
    I've sent it out to about 10 people, when don't you call Mobi and "tell on me".....baby.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael355
    I've sent it out to about 10 people, when don't you call Mobi and "tell on me".....baby.
    No need to, they've been reading this thread

But seriously, they said that they had the beta running on a seperat server with limited bandwidth. The extra traffic, if everyone sent it to 10 people, would skew the testing.