Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1.    #281  
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken
    If you are paying $5 for the vision premium pack there is no credit. If you are paying $10 there is a $5 credit. If, like me, you have had it for awhile and didn't call in to get the lower price when they changed it, you are paying $15 and getting a $10 credit.

So really, its not a credit as much as we've been overpaying for vision. But it's all good, it means no increase in my sprint bill when I start up MobiTV.

I guess I'm screwed My Vision Picture Pack goes like this:
    $10
    -Unlimited Web
    -100 Text messages
    -Free Picture Mail

Now, they are offering me the Vision Premium Pack:
    $10
    -Unlimited Web
    -$5 Credit towards downloads

So I would be trading
    -100 text messages
    -Free Picture Mail

For
    -$5 credit

and I guess MobiTv will be for $5 additional.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks,

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSuburbanDad
    Does it just work with the 650 or will it also be compatible with the older 600 model?

Interestingly the beta signup page at http://www.mobitv.com/Treo/index.html actually asks if you're a 600 or 650 user implying that they intend or intended to have a 600 client. However, this Beta is for 650 only and will not work on the 600. Perhaps they will do a 600 client and beta in the future no word yet from Mobi on that.
    I suggest you sign up at the beta link for the 600. You'll get the mail if they do a 600.
    Also with GSM Treo 600's (not an issue with Sprint/Verizon CDMA) is limited to GPRS slower data speeds whereas the 650 has EDGE. This could be a limitation on performance but doesn't necessarily exclude it, it would just be lower quality video.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    thx
    MadSuburbanDad
    Diary of a Mad Suburban Dad
    Selected "Best of MSN" Website
  4.    #284  
    I also think that the information on the MobiTV website is outdated:
    Subscribers to PCS Vision should receive a $5 credit with Picture Pack or a $10 credit with Premium Pack which can be used to purchase MobiTV.
    Shouldn't it be the other way around since the Picture pack is more expensive?

I don't have a business account so for me it doesn't make sense.

Al
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    its running fine on my US verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I guess I'm screwed My Vision Picture Pack goes like this:
    $10
    -Unlimited Web
    -100 Text messages
    -Free Picture Mail

Now, they are offering me the Vision Premium Pack:
    $10
    -Unlimited Web
    -$5 Credit towards downloads

So I would be trading
    -100 text messages
    -Free Picture Mail

For
    -$5 credit

and I guess MobiTv will be for $5 additional.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks,

Al
    Take the first one....either way you're going to end up paying $20 for vision and mobitv!! The first option allows you to get free pictures and a few free text messages....ALSO, if you decide mobitv sucks and you don't want to paying $10/mo for it...you get to pocket it, thereby going back to your $10/mo vision plan!!
    Might be nice if they had an audio only option so you could turn off the video and listen to the audio?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    That's a great suggestion, audio only for these channels. That way if you want to just listen to the news, you can still do that, and the carrier still gets their monthly fees. I don't know how audio / video are encoded though - if they can be split.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Interestingly the beta signup page at http://www.mobitv.com/Treo/index.html actually asks if you're a 600 or 650 user implying that they intend or intended to have a 600 client. However, this Beta is for 650 only and will not work on the 600. Perhaps they will do a 600 client and beta in the future no word yet from Mobi on that.
    I suggest you sign up at the beta link for the 600. You'll get the mail if they do a 600.
    Also with GSM Treo 600's (not an issue with Sprint/Verizon CDMA) is limited to GPRS slower data speeds whereas the 650 has EDGE. This could be a limitation on performance but doesn't necessarily exclude it, it would just be lower quality video.
    Keep in mind that the 600 requires only one-fourth as many pixels as the 650...so the date speed should not be an issue.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    That's a great suggestion, audio only for these channels. That way if you want to just listen to the news, you can still do that, and the carrier still gets their monthly fees. I don't know how audio / video are encoded though - if they can be split.
    I guess I don't even care if they split the a/v...just let me turn off the screen and listen to the audio.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Might be nice if they had an audio only option so you could turn off the video and listen to the audio?
    Would be great if you could do so with the screen off too. Save battery life.
    Maybe they can add MobiFM and AM too

Maybe they can add MobiFM and AM too
    What would be the point of that since you can already stream shoutcast?
    For example you can already find shoutcast audio streams of MSNBC etc.

IMO. a "MobiFM" service would only make sense if it for example was able to offer premium content like Sirrus or XM radio...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    would someone be so kind to email me the beta file w some brief directions? many thanks
    Dang it! Is it "early September" yet?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    So, is it my understanding that MobiTV is not available over T-Mobile?
    Still reading through this post...

Greg

unlocked/unbranded GSM / T-Mobile
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    ran1354,
    No one will email you the file. If you read the thread, you would not have asked. This has been discussed.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    What would be the point of that since you can already stream shoutcast?
    For example you can already find shoutcast audio streams of MSNBC etc.

IMO. a "MobiFM" service would only make sense if it for example was able to offer premium content like Sirrus or XM radio...
    Was thinking more of local AM/FM that don't stream shoutcast..although I guess those stations would have to have a relationship with Mobi to do it. But Sirius/XM.. sure

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Was thinking more of local AM/FM that don't stream shoutcast..although I guess those stations would have to have a relationship with Mobi to do it. But Sirius/XM.. sure
    I asked my local radio station to start treaming Mp3 because they are steaming Real Audio and Windows Formats and the a week later they said, SURE!

Now I get my local radio stations through shoutcast!
    I live in South Florida and we are awaiting Hurricane Katrina to make landfall in just a few hours. We expect to lose power tonight and probably for days. Would be great to get weather updates on my Treo through MobiTV.
    Last edited by JHromadka; 08/28/2005 at 10:09 PM. Reason: asking for .prc