Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    I have Lightwav, and no trouble with sound.
    I exchanged many emails today with techsupport. There is some app that some of us have that corrupts the codec registry. If you don't have this in the codec registry you will not have sound with MobiTV:

Input=AudioAMR

They sent me a little file app, CodecEnumerator, which lists all of the codecs.
    Sure enough, when I first ran it the above Input=AudioAMR was not there.
    So, I hard-reset, and ran CodecEnumerator again. Input=AudioAMR was then there!

However, while I did reinstall MobiTV, one of my apps wiped out Input=AudioAMR again. So, some app we all have is corrupting or removing the Input=AudioAMR codec. The question is which one. I tried excluding Audible, PocketTunes, VolumeCare, Butler, etc. and I can't find the offending app.

Techsupport is working hard on this.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    No beta for me. =( It does not appear to be advertised for US Verizon customers. I am sure it has to do with Verizon here in the US and their ridiculous data restrictions. I think I would actually use this most near my computer. Would it work using reverse DUN? I will admit, I am jealous!
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    I wonder if its lightwave doing this?
    I've never had Lightwave...but still have the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by swagner
    No beta for me. =( It does not appear to be advertised for US Verizon customers. I am sure it has to do with Verizon here in the US and their ridiculous data restrictions. I think I would actually use this most near my computer. Would it work using reverse DUN? I will admit, I am jealous!
    Hmmm, I'm a US Verizon customer and I recall there being a selection for that when I signed up. When I installed it there was a Verizon option. It's working fine for me btw.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Grr... I signed up and got the e-mail but with no attachment. I called MobiTV today and they said they couldn't send the .prc... oh well.

If only I could join in on the fun--I am feeling so left out...
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    This is what I get from Mobitv website. They say its a $10 credit but i think it is $5. And it is a monthly fee.
    [
    If you are paying $5 for the vision premium pack there is no credit. If you are paying $10 there is a $5 credit. If, like me, you have had it for awhile and didn't call in to get the lower price when they changed it, you are paying $15 and getting a $10 credit.

So really, its not a credit as much as we've been overpaying for vision. But it's all good, it means no increase in my sprint bill when I start up MobiTV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hu$tle
    ....and kept me away from Madden '06 for about 3 hours.If that ain't amazing I don't know what is. Props to MobileTV!
    Why not just play Madden on your Treo!

http://www.gomdm.com/p_madden.asp

Yet another thing to do on the throne.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by mobitv
    Hi everybody -- I just wanted chime in briefly from inside MobiTV, I've spoken with a number of you and I think after a very interesting 24 hours we've gotten things pretty under control and came away with a lot of fantastic feedback. So first of all, thanks!

Do read this thread, it summarizes all the issues I know about and their workarounds (we will fix a number of them in the shipping app and continue to diagnose as we can), and I assure you that we are cranking on getting this thing to market and improving it based on your comments. I'm a long time Treo user, and making this app rock has been a priority for me and all of us. But a lot of you have asked why we didn't go fully public with the beta, and there are two main reasons that I can share with you:

-The feedback load is way more than we can handle already, let alone with more people involved (and we want to be able to respond to everybody, I hope I haven't missed any of you on technical concerns)

-This beta is not running on our production infrastructure, it's just one box. To make sure everybody has a good experience, we need to keep the numbers fairly limited, and I beg you all to respect that, even though the process for giving this out may seem arbitrary. Once this launches for real, bring it on!

So thanks again for all your interest, and please do report any further feedback to treobeta@mobitv.com. And even beyond the 650, we are firmly committed to Palm and have some very interesting plans in the works. So keep an eye out!

Very cool! I would love to see the quality of the video on a wifi enabled palm like the Lifedrive or a next 1xEvDo/UMTS device!! Can you imagine streaming in 480x320!!! Hehe...that would be cool!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    This app has made going to the throne that much better! I can catch up on sports scores,watch a lil comedy channel for a quick laugh or two,and even view current events on ABC news.Life is GOOD! Takes me back to when me and my college roommates wired cable tv to our bathroom in our dorms. I love my Treo so damn much.It over achieves every day. Thanks MobileTV!

Maybe, but at $10 a month, I'll be looking for a newspaper to read, instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken
    If you are paying $5 for the vision premium pack there is no credit. If you are paying $10 there is a $5 credit. If, like me, you have had it for awhile and didn't call in to get the lower price when they changed it, you are paying $15 and getting a $10 credit.

So really, its not a credit as much as we've been overpaying for vision. But it's all good, it means no increase in my sprint bill when I start up MobiTV.
    We were able to call and get a lower price without restarting the clock on our pricing plan? Is it too late to do that?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken

The $10 credit must be the old plans. I don't see any details on the new Vision plans. All goes for $5 credit toward the ringtones, screen savers.

I got the $15 dollar Professional Vision Pack, and I don't even know if that has the $5/$10 dollar credit. Does anyone know? What about if I called to switch the plan to the one that get me the $10 credit, would that still let me get my Outlook/Lotus Notes email from the company? Thanks.
    I signed up too late for the beta. never got a response

just wondering if some of you can post some screenshots of what it looks like on the treo 650? That is, if you can do it without violating any NDA's or TOS.

I really want to know what it looks like on the Treo screen.

thanks!
    the video plays well on my phone,but i don't get any audio...any ideals??still debating if i'll realisticly use something like this on a regular basis,which i think i won't...still cool though....as far as getting this from someone else,read the other thread about mobitv from the treo650 hardware forum.....
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    I tried to take a screencap earlier, but snap won't work.
    Does it just work with the 650 or will it also be compatible with the older 600 model?

MadSuburbanDad
    Diary of a Mad Suburban Dad
    Selected "Best of MSN" Website
    I'm a bit disappointed by the video quality but the audio works great.

I hope the video quality improves when we switch to the for fee service.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by swagner
    It does work with Reverse DUN. Counter to the point of the whole thing, I actually have been using it on Reverse DUN at home and at work when I'm range of my 100meter bluetooth adapters on my PCs. Of course I'm not really watching as much as playing with it. Heck if I'm at home why would I watch TV on the Treo when I can watch satellite TV on my big screen, well, except to play with it and beta test that is.

The only catch is will you be able to sign up? Since Verizon doesn't offer it, how will you sign up. On Cingular you sign up and are billed through Cingular's 'Media Mall' thingy and it's added to my phone bill.
    The beta is free, so it would work, but the pay service could be an issue.

I read somewhere that it's not sold through Verizon because verizon has had java or something remove from all of their phones so MobiTV's java client won't run on them. But the Treo is capable with this native app, so maybe it will be available for subscription.

Furthermore the Beta email that I got says requimements include "A Treo 650 device on the following carriers Cingular, Sprint, and Verizon (this beta is US only)" So maybe there is hope.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    I like it as well. Its pretty smooth. I wish I could watch something I would enjoy more tho, like music videos or something. Maybe even a live game here or there. But I doubt it. Its a cool program tho.

There's like 2 or 3 sports channels and 3 music video channels. Should be able to find something on them
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Us Beta testers have been given strict restrictions to not distribute it as od yet and we don't want to lose this great privilage. But some have called mobi and got it.

Also I have music videos on mine I have CMC it has three stations with music.
    Palm V to the Palm 505 to the Palm 515 to the Zire 71 to Treo 600 to the Treo 650 to the Treo 700 to the Treo 755 to the Treo 700w (30 days hated it) to the Treo 755p to the Blackberry World Edition (Hated it) to the PALM PRE!