Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    aint that special.
    Don't be a j/o hillbilly, I'm sure you have heard that many times before...so you know what it means....
    wow, when i first saw mobitv available from sprint, i thought, "who would ever waste their time watching tv on a small screen, let alone pay for it?" but since i installed the beta, i have come to the conclusion that i would, and so would almost everyone else who got the beta. audio sounds ok, and the video looks pretty compressed, but the fact that i can watch the news on my treo is awesome. this is also another great reason to get the seido Inno.dock. i have my treo sitting in the dock at at great viewing angle with the audio routed to my speakers without having to worry about battery life.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    One problem I find with all of the programs (almost all) that do a connection to the internet is that when you exit them they don't disconnect. 4Cast from 2Day has an option to disconnect after you refresh, and Versamail has similar, but Dir Assist, MobiTV and others don't. Shimon at 2Day added an easy way to do a disconnect (option-D), but it would be nice if there was an automatic disconnect when exiting these programs.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by mobitv
    Hi everybody -- I just wanted chime in briefly from inside MobiTV, I've spoken with a number of you and I think after a very interesting 24 hours we've gotten things pretty under control and came away with a lot of fantastic feedback. So first of all, thanks!

Do read this thread, it summarizes all the issues I know about and their workarounds (we will fix a number of them in the shipping app and continue to diagnose as we can), and I assure you that we are cranking on getting this thing to market and improving it based on your comments. I'm a long time Treo user, and making this app rock has been a priority for me and all of us. But a lot of you have asked why we didn't go fully public with the beta, and there are two main reasons that I can share with you:

-The feedback load is way more than we can handle already, let alone with more people involved (and we want to be able to respond to everybody, I hope I haven't missed any of you on technical concerns)

-This beta is not running on our production infrastructure, it's just one box. To make sure everybody has a good experience, we need to keep the numbers fairly limited, and I beg you all to respect that, even though the process for giving this out may seem arbitrary. Once this launches for real, bring it on!

So thanks again for all your interest, and please do report any further feedback to treobeta@mobitv.com. And even beyond the 650, we are firmly committed to Palm and have some very interesting plans in the works. So keep an eye out!
    Thanks for writing. I may have spoke with you (I did refer the person I spoke with to this site). Tell you what, contact the admins of this site, get your own sub-forum in the developers room, and I can bet that your product will not only see more sales, but will be fine-tuned as well. We really want to help make Treo apps the best they can be. This board is filled with Treo users worldwide, and if I was a developer, I would definately want my name thrown around in here. I have bought over $150 worth of s/w thus far simply based on the discussions here....software I would not have ever known about without TC.

Anyhow, I got the beta last night. Thanks. Works great. Will send feedback as I have time to test more.
  5.    #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    Do you use sprint , I think you could use your $5 credit you get with there unlimited plan and basically get Mobi TV for $5
    I use Sprint and I pay $10 for unlimited vision. I believe the $5 credit is for the ones that pay $15 a month. Am I right? Because I was paying $15 and asked for the $10 plan, but I was told I wasn't going to get credit for ringtones, wallpapers and things like that.

Al
    Jeez I didnt even know they had a $10 plan.

I assume you could move up to the $15 plan then save $5 but the net effect would still be a $10 increase a month for you so I guess that is not too good.
    How terribly depressing to hear of all the luckies who got the beta. Looks like I signed up a little too late. And to think I'll be in an airport over the next few days. Glad to hear it seems to be working well for everyone. I hope early September comes next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    One problem I find with all of the programs (almost all) that do a connection to the internet is that when you exit them they don't disconnect. 4Cast from 2Day has an option to disconnect after you refresh, and Versamail has similar, but Dir Assist, MobiTV and others don't. Shimon at 2Day added an easy way to do a disconnect (option-D), but it would be nice if there was an automatic disconnect when exiting these programs.
    You know, when I was driving home today (yes, I admit, I was watching CSPAN while driving for a bit), MobiTV beeped at me after 5 minutes and a message rolled across the top that said something like "Are you still there?" I assumed, it would shut off if I wasn't, but I didn't test my hypothesis.
    <br>
    Anyone tried to run this in windows?? I mean through emulator??
    anyone has a link for Palm OS emulator? I use cable with no download limit, whereas I can only use 10 Mb a month through GPRS
    Quote Originally Posted by kabuto
    wow, when i first saw mobitv available from sprint, i thought, "who would ever waste their time watching tv on a small screen, let alone pay for it?" but since i installed the beta, i have come to the conclusion that i would, and so would almost everyone else who got the beta.
    It's kind of like TiVo. People have no clue why the need it until they have it, then can't live without it
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I'm not sure exactly how long it was (I think close to 10 minutes) but if you leave the message where it asks you to press a button if you are still there, a couple of minutes later the stream stops and goes back to the MobiTV main screen. Then the screen shuts off according to your systems settings for how long it stays on after last activity.
  12.    #252  
    I'm sitting at the office right now doing some work and watching Comedy time. Wow, this is so cool. In the morning I was watching some news and doing some work too. This is amazing especially if you use headphones. I have a nosy coworker who asked me why I was laughing and told him that it is just a video from my Treo. I don't think it would be a good idea to advertise that I have MobiTV on my Treo or I might get accused of slacking. Are you guys using your MobiTV at work?

Al
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I'm sitting at the office right now doing some work and watching Comedy time. Wow, this is so cool. In the morning I was watching some news and doing some work too. This is amazing especially if you use headphones. I have a nosy coworker who asked me why I was laughing and told him that it is just a video from my Treo. I don't think it would be a good idea to advertise that I have MobiTV on my Treo or I might get accused of slacking. Are you guys using your MobiTV at work?

Al
    I have had this email for a few days now and I didn't believe it would work since I have been waiting for so long to test this thing. Then finally after three long days of working I installed it about 30 minutes ago. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I have been walking around the office telling people that they are about to see the most amazing thing they have ever seen a phone do, and then I turn on ESPN or MSNBC and they are AMAZED This is greater than sliced bread and the amazing thing is I downloaded it from chatter and I haven't had one problem running it, I have Zlauncher, Butler and Chatter and we are good to go.

I LOVE IT!
    I am using it to watch tv on line at stores, while my wife shops . I starting a new job on Monday so I dont think I will be watching it at work for a while. But every where else. I feel so lucky to have been apart of this beta test. This frikkin thing rules.
    Hopefully they extend the beta past 2 weeks as I doubt this will be ready until mid october and the beta ends in 2 weeks . But i think they will extend it until they get the bugs out. Atleast I hope. Maybe a discount for the beta users? I was a beta tester for Pocket Quicken and they gave it to me for almost free.

I have not been this excited about an aplication in a long time. and with my Sprint discout it will only be $5 a month for television on my Treo
    Is everyone sure that we can use our Sprint monthly credit for this service? Is there going to be a base price for the program also or just the monthly service fee?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Is everyone sure that we can use our Sprint monthly credit for this service? Is there going to be a base price for the program also or just the monthly service fee?

This is what I get from Mobitv website. They say its a $10 credit but i think it is $5. And it is a monthly fee.

http://www.mobitv.com/support/sprint.html

How much does the MobiTV service cost?

$9.99 per month gets you unlimited TV. The cost is added to your mobile phone bill and does not use your air-time minutes. Sprint PCS customers receive a $10 monthly credit (with Premium Pack) and a $5 monthly credit (with Picture Pack) that can be applied to MobiTV. For more information, visit Sprint's website. [link to http://sprint.com/pcsbusiness/plans/voice/vision.html]
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    (*Stan*) OMG!! THEY KILLED MobiTV!!!

Everyone else getting the "Temporarily Unavailable" message?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz
    (*Stan*) OMG!! THEY KILLED MobiTV!!!

Everyone else getting the "Temporarily Unavailable" message?

I did... Hopefully it's for upgrades!
    Just tested it and it's working fine for me.

Watching the MLB channel right now as I type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael355
    Somebody want to post the prc so we can all try it out?
    what he said