Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cooknu2
    I have all those and mine works fine..
    What about SoundRec or VoicePad?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    I still can't figure out which application is taking out my sound.

It isn't TCPMP, Kinoma, pTunes, Java, or any of the java based browsers.

I'm wondering whether its zLauncher.
    I'm guessing it is LightWav. It seems that it's the one program all of us with missing sound share in common. It makes sense, since it plays MP3s as ringtones that it would change the "Codec" registery to allow you to play MP3s as ringtones. Only problem is, I deleted my copy off my Treo right after I initially installed it, because it wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. I think it has left over or "changed" the CodecPluginMgr.

After a hard reset, MobiTV works fine. I reinstalled a dozen of applications but I can't get it to crash with anything that I've thought it might be. I've since reverted back to my "no sound" state, because I don't want to reconfigure/reinstall all of my applications.

I'm guessing though that it's LightWav. I'll try my theory tommorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobitv
    Hi everybody -- I just wanted chime in briefly from inside MobiTV, I've spoken with a number of you and I think after a very interesting 24 hours we've gotten things pretty under control and came away with a lot of fantastic feedback. So first of all, thanks!

Do read this thread, it summarizes all the issues I know about and their workarounds (we will fix a number of them in the shipping app and continue to diagnose as we can), and I assure you that we are cranking on getting this thing to market and improving it based on your comments. I'm a long time Treo user, and making this app rock has been a priority for me and all of us. But a lot of you have asked why we didn't go fully public with the beta, and there are two main reasons that I can share with you:

-The feedback load is way more than we can handle already, let alone with more people involved (and we want to be able to respond to everybody, I hope I haven't missed any of you on technical concerns)

-This beta is not running on our production infrastructure, it's just one box. To make sure everybody has a good experience, we need to keep the numbers fairly limited, and I beg you all to respect that, even though the process for giving this out may seem arbitrary. Once this launches for real, bring it on!

So thanks again for all your interest, and please do report any further feedback to treobeta@mobitv.com. And even beyond the 650, we are firmly committed to Palm and have some very interesting plans in the works. So keep an eye out!
    Thanks for the input MobiTV! As you can tell, we have been waiting! And right back at you: Bring it on!

Cheers, Perry.
    Be carefull with lightwave. I installed lightwave a few months ago and it shut down all my vlolume and i had to remover everything to get it back. Same thing happened when i installed mp3 player a year ago and an older version of light wave last year. NEVER AGAIN

By the way Mobi TV is awsome. for all who have the demo , go easy on the Treo.
    It does eat battery life. This is the best beta i have every been part of.Very addictive to watch the news and MLB and times flies.
    I let my son watch Toon channel or Discovery kids in the car yesterday and it kept him busy the whole ride. Simply amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowza
    I'm guessing it is LightWav. I'll try my theory tommorrow.
    Well, Lightwav didn't cause it on mine.

Anyone running WinHand with it MobiTV?
    Well, Lightwav didn't cause it on mine.

Anyone running WinHand with it MobiTV?
    Did you hard reset and get MobiTV working and before you installed/ran Lightwav? Did you assign a mp3 as a ringtone? Remember, according to my theory - simply deleting Lightwav won't get rid of the damage.

BTW, I've never run WinHand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael355
    although I don't feel that I should contribute anything to this post because so many of you were not willing to share you new little program
    aint that special.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    I e-mailed them this morning and just received my beta .prc!

Installing now.
    You cant just delete lightwave. Once you assign a mp3 ringtone thats it. I had to hard reset and reinstall everything again. I could not figure out how to fix that issue with lightwave / mp3 ringer . they mess up your treo somehow but I have not figured out how.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowza
    I'm guessing it is LightWav. It seems that it's the one program all of us with missing sound share in common. It makes sense, since it plays MP3s as ringtones that it would change the "Codec" registery to allow you to play MP3s as ringtones. Only problem is, I deleted my copy off my Treo right after I initially installed it, because it wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. I think it has left over or "changed" the CodecPluginMgr.

After a hard reset, MobiTV works fine. I reinstalled a dozen of applications but I can't get it to crash with anything that I've thought it might be. I've since reverted back to my "no sound" state, because I don't want to reconfigure/reinstall all of my applications.

I'm guessing though that it's LightWav. I'll try my theory tommorrow.

I have Lightwav, and no trouble with sound.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    OMG it's cool!

Can I move it to the SD card?

BTW, I use Lightwav and sound is fine.
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    lol Yes greenberg you can move it. I just sent you a pm on HF.
    Okay It Was Lightwav!!!!
    Okay It Was Lightwav!!!!
    What does that mean?

I use Lightwav and I can hear sound from MobiTV just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I e-mailed them this morning and just received my beta .prc!

Installing now.
    I emailed them last night and didn't receive the .prc! I also signed up on their site months ago. Such is my luck .

Congrats to those who received it and are enjoying it =).
    Cingular 650 in the LA area. Received the email yesterday (at about 11am). I love it. The audio is perfect. The video... well, the video is like streaming media over a modem. I thought it interesting that after a while of watching, it asked me if I was still there, and to press the "any key"

No problems with it so far. Haven't tried any phone calls yet to see how it interrupts (if it does).

TV on a Treo. What'll they think of next? This Treo thing keeps getting better and better and better. Take a picture, send an email. Use Dir Assist instead of 411. KMaps. FlightStatus. And now MobiTV. I love this new toy... er phone... er PDA... er work of art.

Anyone know what the demo mode is going to be? Limited channels? Limited use (number of times to launch the program, or limits amount of time per each launch)?
  17.    #237  
    About pricing, I know there is a $10 fee for all channels. Is it possible for MobiTV to come out with a light package for $5 with less channels? I will pay for it if they come up with that.

Al
    Do you use sprint , I think you could use your $5 credit you get with there unlimited plan and basically get Mobi TV for $5
    Cingular 650 in Northeast Ohio - received the email on my Treo and installed from the email - everything works perfectly. The image quality seems to get better the longer you watch, so it's about as good as you could expect from a stream over this type of connection.
    I think your eyes start to get worse the longer you watch...