Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    I assume we want to very careful not to show this to people who do not have unlmited data plans?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr
    Discovery Channel coming in Spanish Language? Whats up with that!
    That's cuz you're watching Discovery en Espanol.

Watch the english version and you won't have that issue. =)
    Now that we can see from this beta (which by the way works pretty well even at a relatively low bandwidth) what the TV capabilities of the Treo are, I wonder if anybody can figure out how to access a custom stream (like Slingbox)!
    Last edited by zamiv; 08/24/2005 at 08:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    Does anyone know if this is considered the "high frame rate" or "Standard frame rate" experience? If it is high, I'd hate to see the standard frame rate. I'm not sure the quality is good enough to pay for it yet. I was kinda disappointed by the choppy video and muffled audio. It sure seemed like one of the phones I played with in Sprint store worked better than this does. I guess it won't improve much until EVDO is on line.

As far as the channels go, I think that the pay version has more channels than the beta version.

This would be considered "High" framerate. The 'standard' framerate version is more slideshow than video. Like .05 fps or something.... The Treo650 version actually is several frames per second.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkEye
    Thanks man.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    this is going to be HUGE for the treo 650!

already we can see this is catching fire wildly. it seems to be very good, in most cases, on the treo now, imagine the caliber and quality of viewing we will see on ev-do models!

I think this just took the treo to a new level - a very cool new dimension!

you'll be seeing people watching tv on their treos all over the place...
    I gotta have more cowbell
    I just got this email back from them after my request for the beta prc:

Thank you for your interest in the beta version of MobiTV for the Treo 650.

The level of excitement and public response to the beta has been amazing. We have been overwhelmed by requests to join the beta program. However, we accepted a limited number of sign-ups for the beta program and are not accepting more at this time. The product will be commercially available on Sprint in early September and other carriers shortly thereafter.

Thank you,

MobiTV Customer Support
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    For those with volume issues, earlier in this thread I posted the same problem (at least I think it was this thread!).
    Anyway, I also posted all of my apps for comparison. Since then, I performed a hard reset (never hurts to spring clean!) and reinstalled mobitv and the volume worked! Btw, I've got one of the first 650s from when they were first released.
    I've since reinstalled all of my former apps (1 by 1) except java, opera mini kmaps and ispin, and the volume on mobitv is still working. So anyway, just wanted to let you know.

Do you have pTunes or LightWav installed? What about Volume Care?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by swagner
    I assume we want to very careful not to show this to people who do not have unlmited data plans?
    The install program for the beta includes a one-time warning to the effect that if you don't have an unlimited-data plan, you should get one.
    This app has made going to the throne that much better! I can catch up on sports scores,watch a lil comedy channel for a quick laugh or two,and even view current events on ABC news.Life is GOOD! Takes me back to when me and my college roommates wired cable tv to our bathroom in our dorms. I love my Treo so damn much.It over achieves every day. Thanks MobileTV!

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650

Alternate Phone- Motorola Razr V3 (silver)
    I would like to thank the person who sent me thier prc file so I could use MobiTV, and although I don't feel that I should contribute anything to this post because so many of you were not willing to share you new little program, I will say the sound problem concept of the "early Treos" is not true. I was on the original waiting list and received my 650 back in December and my sound works just fine.
    This is weird. I recieved the file last night, and then I recieved the rejection email this morning. I have the beta and I guess that is the main thing.
  13.    #213  
    Has anybody been able to make Butler be friendly with MoviTV? The problem is that if I use the volume keys on the side of the Treo while using MoviTV, Butler will take over and take me back to the previous app. I know I can disable that, but I wish there was a way to make it work.

MobiTV really ROCKS..!!, but I don't know about the monthly fee??? Anybody with Sprint and unlimited data plan has MobiTV? How much do you pay? I guess, now that this product is looking great we need to figure out how to get the service at a lost price possible. I wouldn't mind paying $5 a month, but $10 is just too much.

Thanks,

Al
    I think the fees for MobiTV is set by the MobiTV folks. And it is $10/mo for all phones and carriers.

This is from their web site. I don't have MobiTV. I have requested it today, but the chances don't look too good, with all the rejections that people have been getting.. :-(
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael355
    I would like to thank the person who sent me thier prc file so I could use MobiTV, and although I don't feel that I should contribute anything to this post because so many of you were not willing to share you new little program, I will say the sound problem concept of the "early Treos" is not true. I was on the original waiting list and received my 650 back in December and my sound works just fine.
    I think "not willing" is a harsh statement. We were willing, but we did not, in compliance with the e-mail we received. I applaud all those who resisted the temptation to post or forward this file. I would like the Treo Central Discussion Forum membership to be known for their responsibility.

Cheers, Perry
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Do you have pTunes or LightWav installed? What about Volume Care?
    I've got ptunes installed on my card and lightwave installed but not yet enabled. No volumecare.
    Hi everybody -- I just wanted chime in briefly from inside MobiTV, I've spoken with a number of you and I think after a very interesting 24 hours we've gotten things pretty under control and came away with a lot of fantastic feedback. So first of all, thanks!

Do read this thread, it summarizes all the issues I know about and their workarounds (we will fix a number of them in the shipping app and continue to diagnose as we can), and I assure you that we are cranking on getting this thing to market and improving it based on your comments. I'm a long time Treo user, and making this app rock has been a priority for me and all of us. But a lot of you have asked why we didn't go fully public with the beta, and there are two main reasons that I can share with you:

-The feedback load is way more than we can handle already, let alone with more people involved (and we want to be able to respond to everybody, I hope I haven't missed any of you on technical concerns)

-This beta is not running on our production infrastructure, it's just one box. To make sure everybody has a good experience, we need to keep the numbers fairly limited, and I beg you all to respect that, even though the process for giving this out may seem arbitrary. Once this launches for real, bring it on!

So thanks again for all your interest, and please do report any further feedback to treobeta@mobitv.com. And even beyond the 650, we are firmly committed to Palm and have some very interesting plans in the works. So keep an eye out!
    I still can't figure out which application is taking out my sound.

It isn't TCPMP, Kinoma, pTunes, Java, or any of the java based browsers.

I'm wondering whether its zLauncher.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    I have all those and mine works fine..
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    http://www.mobitv.com/Treo/
    I used the above link and got no email either. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant