Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    You know this app is soo cool that my head is spinning with all the possibilities...

For example, I wonder if it is possible to develop a PVR/DVR app for the Treo in combo with MobiTV?!! This would basically be an app that could copy the video stream on the MobiTV player to the card in a format recognizable by tcpmp etc. Is that even possible? Can you imagine having your own personal PVR on your Treo with this?
    That's a FANTASTIC idea!! Of course, MobiTV would would need to have some type of published programming schedule for a PVR/DVR to realy work as it should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    The .prc is 637kb
    I have 5mb of free internal memory.
    I do not have Java installed.

Showing my ignorance: what's dbCache and how do I look up how much I have and how much is being used by this app?

Cheers, Perry.
    dbCache = NVFS cache

It's about 12 megs of RAM that is used as a cache to copy stuff out of the slower NVFS (like an internal storage drive). It is the NVFS that is reported when you do Menu!Info in Applications.

Palm OS does not flush the NVFS cache and the limited resource runs out, leading to out of memory errors. Some things like Java, Ptunes or backup utilities use up gobs of NVFS cache. Then there is the reverse problem of the OS purging the cache when applications still expect it to be there. Thus the need for Resco Locker.

Memory is reported by a free utility posted here called Memoryinfo.prc
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Can somebody please post the .prc so we can all try it, calling them is impossible, just keeps going voicemail. I tried siging up for the beta but didn't get a response, emailed them, still no good. The beta is only good for 2 weeks anyway and were not talking about national secrects here so let's share.
    Thanks aprasad! THe NVFS is the 5.2mb I reported. . .

Downloaded MemoryInfo:
    NVFS Cache = 11,647kb size, 6,495 free. (Recently ran MobiTV)
    Ran MobiTV, hit the home button while it was running, ran MemoryInfo:

Free dropped to 5,865 or an additional 630kb got allocated.
    Last edited by gtwo; 08/24/2005 at 09:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    I got it this evening as well.

Bad news for some of us....if you aren't getting sound, it has nothing to do with third party applications. It seems some of the early 650's were not preconfigured for AMR sound which is what MobiTV is using right now.

If you are getting video but no sound, you're out of luck until they switch over to MP3 format.
    I don't have sound either, but I didn't buy an early Treo 650. I purchased mine like four-five months after the initial shipment. I think that a third party mp3 player (I've installed and uninstalled almost all of them) screwed up the AMR association (much like the PHP problem with SiED and Blazer, where you couldn't view PHP websites if you installed SiED).
    I am finding it hard to believe that no one is willing to share this beta with the rest of the community. It is BETA and free, if more people try it more bugs can be found and fixed before the final product comes out.
    Thanks aprasad! THe NVFS is the 5.2mb I reported. . .

Downloaded MemoryInfo:
    NVFS Cache = 11,647kb size, 6,495 free. (Recently ran MobiTV)
    Ran MobiTV, hit the home button while it was running, ran MemoryInfo:

Free dropped to 5,865 or an additional 630kb got allocated.
    A soft reset or an application called dbCache is the only way to recover NVFS Cache.

Next time, after a soft reset, run MemoryInfo before and after running MobiTV.

And keep an eye on that value. When it starts to run low, you'll start getting those error messages. The heavy hitters are BBVFS, Resco Backup, Blazer, Java, pTunes ....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Thanks, again. I do use BBVFS.

6,527 free after soft reset and phone on.
    5,892 after using MobiTV
    635 again.
    For those with volume issues, earlier in this thread I posted the same problem (at least I think it was this thread!).
    Anyway, I also posted all of my apps for comparison. Since then, I performed a hard reset (never hurts to spring clean!) and reinstalled mobitv and the volume worked! Btw, I've got one of the first 650s from when they were first released.
    I've since reinstalled all of my former apps (1 by 1) except java, opera mini kmaps and ispin, and the volume on mobitv is still working. So anyway, just wanted to let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryrub
    I am finding it hard to believe that no one is willing to share this beta with the rest of the community. It is BETA and free, if more people try it more bugs can be found and fixed before the final product comes out.
    If you read this thread you will see it cant be shared. Please stop asking.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Not available on Verizon US? Not surprising that VZW would be the last to have something new. Can't sign up for the beta as VZW US is not a choice and they ask for your mobile number. I would like to use this via reverse DUN via bluetooth so I can watch the news while the kids watch cartoons.
    In the e-mail it states "This beta will expire in approximately two weeks and revert to Promo mode with a limited channel line-up."

Any idea what the "limited" channels will be?
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Discovery espanol?
    am I missing something. Is there a SPECIFIC place on mobitv.com to sign up for the beta? I cant seem to find a specific link.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    am I missing something. Is there a SPECIFIC place on mobitv.com to sign up for the beta? I cant seem to find a specific link.
    I believe it's a done deal, the sign up was from emails they sent out 3-4 weeks ago to people that had previously posted on their web site a desire for a Treo version of the product.
    I believe it's a done deal, the sign up was from emails they sent out 3-4 weeks ago to people that had previously posted on their web site a desire for a Treo version of the product.
    thats not what supershawn said a few posts back.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    MobiTV for Treo link
    Installed the application yesterday but I'm not sure if its worth the $10 per month charge. It is cool though !
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkEye

This link is where they directed us in an email 3-4 weeks ago to sign up for notification when the full product was ready . . . . .

I assume I got my beta e-mail and file from having posted there.

Give it shot, they may still be honoring it. . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 08/24/2005 at 11:37 AM.
    I sent an email to them last night to the treobeta address and they sent be a reply back within a few hours with the beta attatched.