1.    #1  
    i did a hard reset, didnt switch to desktop overwrites handheld , hotsynced now all my info is gone. no problem though i have a backup from backupbuddy. i reinstalled everything from scratch (actually gaining about .3mb). now my question is which files do i need from backupbuddy to restore my contacts (i.e. phone#s)? can i just beam the files via IR and have them replace whats there?

Thanks in advance
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    ContactsDB-PAdd.pdb
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3.    #3  
    just coming back to post. (did some tryin on my own) i beamed over that one and contactsBDIndex. what is the second one i beamed? anyway i got my contacts back.

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    just coming back to post. (did some tryin on my own) i beamed over that one and contactsBDIndex. what is the second one i beamed? anyway i got my contacts back.
    the second file is for birthdays in contacts.

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Franko,

In the future, to prevent that same mishap, you might consider buying a second hand Palm unit simply for storage of data and apps. I picked up a used Palm Vx for only $25, and I regularly beam my main apps (Calendar/Contacts/Memo/Tasks) from the Treo 650 to the used Palm Vx (or whatever old Palm). I simply use FileZ to beam the information...works great. Additionally, I also hotsynch my info to 2 different desktop computers and laptop too. I also have an old Tungsten C that I use for storage of data and apps too. Yes, I am paranoid...before anyone asks!