1.    #1  
    Hello.

I have the Treo 650 with Sprint and it came with a short charger adapter. In the user guide that came with the phone from Sprint it says "If the connector on your sprint-approed 1 Amp AC charger or vehicle charger doesn't fit into the connector on the bottom of your Treo, use the included Sprint charger adpater."

I have a Sprint charge that came with a Samsung phone I have and it seems to fit the connector and it so far started charging the Treo 650. I just wanted to make sure I can use it because there was also a warning in the user guide that noted using "any unapproved AC adpater may destroy the AC adapter and cause fire."

Would anyone know if I am safe to use this? It is a charger from Sprint, but it was for a different phone and I do not want to destroy my phone or its battery.

Thanks.
    You're fine. Sprint uses a standard charger for all it's newer phones (except the Treo), and that's what the dongle is for, so that you can charge your Treo with their standard chargers. I use some older Samsung car and wall chargers with my Treo and dongle all the time, and I've never had a problem.

Think of it as a free gift from Sprint for paying so much for the Treo.
    I'm back!
  3.    #3  
    jmill72x,

thanks for the reply. I recently bought the cradle kit from the palm store and it's defective and it doesn't sync. glad to know i can return it for my money back instead of an exchange.

regards.
    Will work just fine like others have said. I use mine for road trips. Just gotta make sure you don't lose the dongle. I locked my old charger to the dongle with a small length of heat shrink tubing over the joint.

Hope this helps.
    Please note that if you're listening to my advice, you should have your head examined. Doing as I say could lead to mental illness, injury, or even death.
  5.    #5  
    thanks for the tip, I will secure that dongle to it cause I haven't seen that at any of the stores that I looked for a charger.

regards.