1.    #1  

This morning, while I was getting out of my car at work, I bumped my phone case with my bag while hauling it out of the passenger seat.

I have a great Krussel case. It always served me well. . . until that moment.

My Treo went flying across the parking lot and landed face down, spinning along the asphalt, and skidded under a truck!!

I freaked!

My Treo is now REALLY chewed up. It had been in great shape up until now. I really babied it The screen is fine, but the front and bottom of the plastic casing is chewed to hell. The right-shift key is dinged a little. But I can deal with that. The top-front is all scratchy and I can't hold it up to my ear now. I have my Bluetooth headset though.

Has anyone seen used cases online or does anyone have one?

Temporarily, I plan on getting a rubber skin case. I think Palm will do an "out of warranty" repair. Has anyone had any experience with that?
    Unlocked P1 T650 + 12" Powerbook + Scion xA = Happiness
    Can you post pictures of your Treo, please?
    I have a front and back replacement housing if you are intrested in it.

http://www.splashblog.com/kg6bki/?al...&preview=79087

Is this wht you need?

B
    Last edited by Goober408; 08/23/2005 at 02:13 AM.
  4.    #4  
    Yup. That's what I need.

Mine is a GSM unlocked. I see that's a Sprint branded. It should be the same, ya think?

I'll post pics tonight when I can get to my camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsTheFly
    Yup. That's what I need.

Mine is a GSM unlocked. I see that's a Sprint branded. It should be the same, ya think?

I'll post pics tonight when I can get to my camera.
    I don't think it will work unless the front is all you need and they fit each other. You need one with a cutout for the sim card, don't ya? Sprint doesn't use a sim card.
    You may want to post in this thread. Glad it still works.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Quote Originally Posted by Goober408
    I have a front and back replacement housing if you are intrested in it.

http://www.splashblog.com/kg6bki/?al...&preview=79087

Is this wht you need?

B
    how much for the housing? also can i replace it the housing without voiding my warranty?

email me at reggiedavid@gmail.com for the price
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG
    I don't think it will work unless the front is all you need and they fit each other. You need one with a cutout for the sim card, don't ya? Sprint doesn't use a sim card.

Durn! You're right.
  9.    #9  
    I'm still interested in the enclosure. At least the front. That might work and I can pass it off to someone else if it won't fit.
    all check your pm's I got a flood of offers adn just checking whos offering what.
    Try these:

www.dummyphones.com
  12.    #12  
    Can those be used as actual housing replacements for active phones?
    It would seem that it might though, would have to get good instructions from natethegreat - see his post on transfering the guts of one Treo to another
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=87639

Note - they don't have a GSM version (just Verizon and Sprint) either though so you'd be in the same situation that there would be no slot for the SIM card. But anyone with a CDMA phone would probably be able to replace.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsTheFly
    Can those be used as actual housing replacements for active phones?
    Yes.

It's stated in their FAQs. The housings are usually glued together. All you have to do is use a heat gun or even a hair dryer to melt the glue and open the housing.

I know several people who have used them for Motorola phones.
    anyone want it for $50 Shipped to them. I can accept Money Orders or Cashier's Checks
    Covers are sold pending payment

B