1.    #1  
    i use filez and i think it's all i need, but i'm still curious about mcfile...my friend got it on his phone today and said he like's it better because it has alot of features, but we didnt have that much time to talk, so i couldnt get specifics...so will someone chime in that has experience with both and give differences,as well as there preference and why...thanx in advance!!
    Mcfile may have a few more features but it is also $12 where Filez is free.
    If you ARE ready to pay, check out Resco Explorer...
  4.    #4  
    yeah....i've heard about that one too...now how does that one differ from the 2 previously stated?
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    If you ARE ready to pay, check out Resco Explorer...
    Yeah Resco explorer is probably the best pay for file manager out there right now. Also, McFile is kinda old and doesn't seem to have been update in a while...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503
    yeah....i've heard about that one too...now how does that one differ from the 2 previously stated?
    It has a fully capable backup feature, for one.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Get Resco Explorer.
    It is an impressive app.
    Backup, file manager, zips and unzips files.... and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    Get Resco Explorer.
    It is an impressive app.
    Backup, file manager, zips and unzips files.... and more.

Plus, it allows you to move locked files and has excellent 5 way navigation.
    Resco Explorer is an enhanced file manager similar to the familiar Windows Explorer. It combines the tools usually scattered over several applications:

* GUI
    * File Manager
    * Launcher
    * Zipper
    * Image Viewer
    * Backup
    * Association Editor
    * and more ...

There was a new version posted today on MTDN (2.51.1)
    Revision History

Version 2.51 | Aug-15-2005

* Better backup
    o LifeDrive users should exclude readonly DBs as these files are normally preinstalled on hard reset. This may prevent some conflicts at the restore phase. (Readonly databases are listed with 'R' attribute.) Warning: The above statement is true unless you do not modify the readonly flags yourself.
    o Categories are backed up. etc.
    * New commands
    o Install - a shortcut for copying databases from card to the RAM (accessible via Context menu)
    o Card Format (Context menu)
    o Copy To... - lets the user select folder, where the current selection (files, folders) is copied.
    o Export list as txt... - Same as 'Export list as memo' except it creates a card txt file. (CSV format)
    * Optimizations
    o Folder loading much faster
    o Improved support for small fonts: faster drawing, more lines per page
    o Cursor: Longer scrolling subsequently increases the scroll speed.
    o Cursor: T650: optionKey + Up/Down is interpreted as PgUp/Dn
    * Other news:
    o Search/filter dialogs allow for search by DbType/Creator
    o TCPMP player supported
    o Txt/bin viewers offer the possibility to delete the viewed file.
    o DB viewer displays locked attribute for the record databases. (Locked records have "Ln" suffix in the record list, where "n" is the lock count.)
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangeReaction
    Plus, it allows you to move locked files and has excellent 5 way navigation.
    What's the secret to that? I have Explorer but have trouble moving locked files.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    What's the secret to that? I have Explorer but have trouble moving locked files.
    I just highlight the file I want to move and use the stylus to drag it where I want it to be. It will ask you if you want to copy or move it. Just select whatever one you want. It doesn't matter if it is locked or not.