1.    #1  
    After dropping my 650 in the water over the weekend, I'm stuck buying a new one. What's the best deal on a Sprint t650? Are refurbished units any good?

Any advice would be appreciated.

...And no, I didn't buy the insurance and Sprint won't give me anything except their condolences.
    I have a refurbished Sprint unit that was given to me to correct an error that, as I found out later, could have been corrected on my original unit.

Anyway, no problems with the refurbished unit, other than it came with 1.08 and I had to do the firmware upgrade back to 1.12. You can't beat Sprint's unlimited data plan monthly cost at $15.

Cheers, Perry.
  3.    #3  
    Can I get one from the Sprint store? How much should I expect to pay?
    ya might disassemble the thing completely, and let air dry 3-4 days.
    Blow on it 1-2 min. each day with a "cool" not hot hair dryer.
    Who knows, you might get lucky. Sorry for your loss.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by macjeff
    Can I get one from the Sprint store? How much should I expect to pay?
    Who was your prior provider? If it was Sprint and you did not have insurance on the account, you may have to pay full price. If you are coming over from another provider, I believe you can get $150 off on a 2 year contract. . . .

(Did you edit your first post? . . . did'nt see the insurance and Sprint notation the first time, sorry.

Yes, the Sprint store I deal with does carry them in stock.
    Treo 650's (along with many other electronics) have been known to come back from the dead before (undead Treo?). I suggest that, in addition to other measures, that you also use alcohol to speed up the drying process - it mixes with the water and evaporates MUCH more quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    Treo 650's (along with many other electronics) have been known to come back from the dead before (undead Treo?). I suggest that, in addition to other measures, that you also use alcohol to speed up the drying process - it mixes with the water and evaporates MUCH more quickly.
    Others have also suggested sticking the Treo in a zip lockfor 2 to 3 days with one or several of those silica packs that come in new electronic boxes. These will absorb the moisture away from the Treo.
    I actually returned mine to Palm and paid the $25 advanced exchange fee. If they deem it not repairable, they will only charge you an additional $179. I didn't go through Cingular. In the end, they didn't charge me the $179! Of course, I had to return the first two they gave me because they were defective. But it was worth it.
  9.    #9  
    Hey DanInSD, I'm not sure what the "advanced exchange fee" is. Can you tell me about that and the other fee. It sure beats 600 bucks.

Thanks