1.    #1  
    An owner of the t650 told me their 600 operated faster even though the processor was supposed to be quicker. True or false?
    not true, ask him to play gizmo or nesem on the 600 then try it on the 650.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    I think they may be referring to the "feel" of the 600 in certain operating situations. The Sprint version had a "dial lag" in the first ROM release that was corrected in 1.08 and 1.12. And there may have been some other comparisons vs. switching between apps.

Docs to Go works just as fast as it did on my T3.

I never had a 600. I had a Palm Tungsten 3. The 650 does not seem slow to me and even if it was "slower" than the 600 -- I would make the trade instantly between the 650's better screen and Bluetooth vs. a "faster" 600.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 08/22/2005 at 03:33 PM.
    I've found them to be about the same for most apps that aren't cpu intensive. Find something like Nes'Em that is CPU intensive and you can tell a HUGE difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowza
    I've found them to be about the same for most apps that aren't cpu intensive. Find something like Nes'Em that is CPU intensive and you can tell a HUGE difference.
    I assume, meaning the 650 is faster in the CPU intensive applications . . . .
    NVFS makes switching between applications slower. Although the processor in the Treo 650 is faster, this is only important for games or searches in large databases. I find switching between applications to be slightly slower on the Treo 650 - probably because of the NVFS.

However, the Treo 600 was very slow when trying to do other stuff while listerning to MP3s, and the extra processor power on the 650 means that you are not penalized so much performance wise when listening to music. Switching between applications is about equally fast with or without multitasking a music player on the 650.

Resets on the 650 are much slower so even more annoying than they were on the 600. However, regaining control after turning the GSM radio on is faster on the 650.

However, I must say, that with time I have learned to appreciate NVFS as I am no longer in such a panic when the battery gauge is on 15% as I was with the 600.
    I've used both Treo's and at this point in time, I couldn't see myself even considering the T600 at all vs. the T650. (NOTE: my upgraded locked Cingular T650 has been flawless since Day 1 - February)

No I didn't see any difference in speed between the two.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    it all depends in my view,when i used certain apps like backupbuddy and text messaging they seemed faster on the 600,but stuff like hiarcs( a chess program) runs more faster and is more powerful because of the cpu difference....my friend has a t600 still so i will have to see in more detail next time i see him!!
    The treo 600 had slow proc and ancient old CSTN screen with artifact. But it had 32 MB or real volitile ram. The 650 in constrast has much faster proc and better screen but NVFS can make certain apps (mainly phone app swithing etc) seem slower than 600. But after a while I don't notice it and the latest firmware ahs eliminated almost all these concerns...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    the 600 turns on much faster - so for most situations where you just want to check some info quickly it's noticeably faster.

I wish I could have the 600 operating system with the 650 screen bluetooth and keyboard....
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    the 600 turns on much faster - so for most situations where you just want to check some info quickly it's noticeably faster.

I wish I could have the 600 operating system with the 650 screen bluetooth and keyboard....
    Exactly... give me a 600 with the superior screen/bluetooth/camera/128mb ram and you can have my 650 today.
    Last edited by Tom Jefferson; 08/24/2005 at 02:18 PM.