1.    #1  
    I installed Skinner and the Family Guy splash screen from this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ily+Guy+splash

I have since decided I don't want it on my phone and have deleted Skinner and thought I deleted the splash screen (can't find anything with the same name: PhoneApp_SPCS_fg1.prc) but it won't go away! I noticed the file size is 75.8K. there is a file called Zlib with 75k on my phone. Is this the same file? I don't want to delete it only to find out it's something else that I need on my phone.

If anyone can tell me how to get Peter and Stewie off my phone I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
    If you installed a custom splash screen, you should have two files named PhoneApp_SPCS, one in RAM and one in ROM. Delete the one in RAM (you can't delete the one in ROM), and all should be normal.
    Zane
  3.    #3  
    I don't see a file with that name. I checked using the built-in Palm and FileZ management tools. I did see a file called Phone_SPCS. Might that be it?
  4.    #4  
    Also, any idea what Zlib is?
    Did you soft reset?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #6  
    Just did a soft reset and no changes....
    I had this once, can't remember what I did to correct it. How about open up your Hotsync backup file, deleting the phone_spcs file. Then hard reset your Treo, and restore.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    My bad. The file is named Phone_SPCS. In Filez, the file in ROM will have chip symbol next to it. The file in RAM will not. I don't think you will need to soft reset after deleting the file. The OS will read files in RAM first, then in ROM. If the file is gone from RAM, it will default to the one in ROM.
    Zane
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    My bad. The file is named Phone_SPCS. In Filez, the file in ROM will have chip symbol next to it. The file in RAM will not. I don't think you will need to soft reset after deleting the file. The OS will read files in RAM first, then in ROM. If the file is gone from RAM, it will default to the one in ROM.
    Zane
    That did it! Thanks for the help everyone! I was beginning to lose my mind!