1.    #1  
    Has anyone had any experience with this browser?
    http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...71801&R=171801

I found it while browsing Handango to use the 20% off code posted earlier.
    Zane
    Looks like another Java based browser...that is it requires the J2ME to work.

Anyway, I installed the trial and didn't like at all the way it renders pages. The proxy seems to be fast enough, but it is terrible rendering pages and has very poor treo nav support. In short, I tried it and quickly deleted it.

IMO, Opera is just soooo much better in comparison!

P.S. I've attached the converted prc using the Jartoprc tool below for anyone who wants to try it...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    gfunkmagic,
    Thanks for the info. I have just started playing with the Opera browser, and from what you say, it is much better. And so far it is free!
    Zane
    Opera crashes my Treo consistently.

I don't know whether its because I'm GSM or what but it just doesn't like my 650.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Hmmm....Minuet crashes my Treo too!

Maybe its my Java program....it works for Webviewer, but perhaps I don't have the current Java files? Gfunk, can you link those as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    Hmmm....Minuet crashes my Treo too!

Maybe its my Java program....it works for Webviewer, but perhaps I don't have the current Java files? Gfunk, can you link those as well?
    You can get the java plugin here.... sorry the installer is too big to attach on the forums here.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Well, it WAS my Java!

I now can get both Opera and Minuet to work but I find them both vastly inferior to Blazer, Xiino, Webviewer and Web pro.
    I just downloaded the newest version from Palmgear. I tried to access gmail. It opened the gmail screen and I logged in with my username and password, but it would not open the account. Got some sort of error message.
    Laissez Faire