1.    #1  
    Having difficulty setting up Verizon's wireless sync in the workgroup option where it connects with Exchange. Verizon tech support was no help at all (after 90 minutes on the phone told me it was my problem not theirs).

Here's the issue:

When I set up the account I get the following error when it tries the intialization:

Error MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR (80040115) V:\portal\Client\PortalOutlookTranslator\MAPIField s.cpp 9071 8/22/2005 7:41:28 AM
    Error MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR (80040115) V:\portal\Client\PortalOutlookTranslator\OutlookOp tions.cpp 422 8/22/2005
    Error occurred while opening the default MS Outlook folders. Go to the Sync Settings dialog and press Settings next to Outlook.
    Error occurred while preparing for first synchronization
    Hive393

Any suggestions? I am running this on a Windows 2003 Server box. And Exchange Server 2003 on a seperate Windows 2003 Server Box
    I am having the same problem on an already existing workgroup setup. On 8/20 at about noon PST, the workgroup monitor justed stopped syncing. I removed one user and attempted to resetup. Now I too have the same error as you.
  3.    #3  
    I managed to get this fix, FINALLY.... I added the machine name of the box that hosted the wireless sync client to the permissions section of the security tab on the exchange server. Voila, problem fixed.
    Ooo I am so steamed. So steamed over Verizon ID-10'T's that are supposed to support the wireless synch client with a Treo 650. Verizon has completed idiots working for them. I spent an entire week trying to get the Treo to receive exchange email. Spoke with 6 technicians claiming to be level 2 support. The last complete ID-10-T's name is Terrance. You dont want to speak with Terrance because he thinks a computer is something that grows out of a crack in a sidewalk. These folks obviously read from a script.

After spending 6 hours on this, speaking to half dozen ID-10t's, I re-read the documentation and discovered that you have to leave the machine logged into the domain as the FIRST user you configure with the TREO.

The last posting above mine did not make sense to me. I could not find those settings. So maybe there is more than one way to fix this issue.

For me though, I am trying to set up the workgroup monitor, not the individual monitor. The workgroup monitor allows you to add up to 20 users. I have the first user working (because I am logging into the domain as that user and Outlook is configured for that user) however I cannot add a second user.

On the phone right now with a level 2 tech but getting the same GIGO that the previous techs gave me.

ARGH.
    when you have a mapi profile error you have to delete the mapi profile on the xchange server and recreate it
    George....

Sorry for the bad experience. Just so you know I'm VZW data tech support rep. The last post from calypsobk should fix the issue for the exchange individual monitor. BTW I am not a "completed" id10t I haven't finished my id10t training just yet.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Sorry to dust off an old post, but it would appear that this is still a problem, and I have a solution not yet discussed. I tried Bill's suggestion about permissions to the exchange box being extended to the box running wireless sync (sounds scary as a permanent solution), but it did not help.

I was getting the same error he got when trying to set up a SECOND user in workgroup mode. First user went fine. Didn't matter what user I tried in which order, or what permissions the logged on user had to the mailbox in question. I tried various versions of outlook, then I discovered a discrepency in the documented requirements for outlook.

Some documents say outlook xp sp2 only
    Some documents say outlook xp sp2 or better
    Some documents say outlook xp sp2, and sp3 is NOT supported

My sync box had outlook xp sp3 on it at one time, although it had been removed. I think this was my problem. I didn't have a pre-outlook restore point, so I re-imaged the system (thankfully it does nothing else), and installed outlook 2003. JOY!!! It finally works. The logged on user is just a user on the domain with no elevated priviledges (aside from being able to install software on the local machine), and we'll just lock the console to be sure. This is not ideal, but should work out OK for us until we can get to a version of exchange that has native support for mobile users.

Anyway, I wasted enough time tinkering and googling this that I felt compelled to put this out there so maybe nobody else has to go through it.
    I am not an expert in this matter. This is why ask for help.

I am getting this error (after my exchange edb file maxed out and we recreated a new one). I am trying the PC Outlook Monitor - the Workgroup.

What do you mean by deleting MAPI and recreating it? What are the steps for this?

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by calypsobk View Post
    when you have a mapi profile error you have to delete the mapi profile on the xchange server and recreate it
    Having difficulty setting up Verizon's wireless sync in the workgroup option where it connects with Exchange. Verizon tech support was no help at all (after 90 minutes on the phone told me it was my problem not theirs).

Here's the issue:

When I set up the account I get the following error when it tries the intialization:

Error MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR (80040115) V:\portal\Client\PortalOutlookTranslator\MAPIField s.cpp 9071 8/22/2005 7:41:28 AM
    Error MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR (80040115) V:\portal\Client\PortalOutlookTranslator\OutlookOp tions.cpp 422 8/22/2005
    Error occurred while opening the default MS Outlook folders. Go to the Sync Settings dialog and press Settings next to Outlook.
    Error occurred while preparing for first synchronization
    Hive393

I'm having this problem, how do i reset the MAPI Profile.

Thanks

Steve

Steveoyoung@hotmail.com
    Have you double checked all your system requirements...

Everything is posted on www.wsync.com

You can also find a Quick Start Guide for Exhange at the bottom of this page:
    http://www.wsync.com/wireless_quick_start.aspx