1.    #1  
    The Goal: Make a mobile office for my electrical business.

I want to be able to print estamites, invoice from my Treo and have it look professional. I plan on adding a printer to my work truck. Other than invoices, I plan to print brochures (stored on a sd card) and Contracts. Please tell me your ideas and why.
    Thanks
    My advice would be to use a small lap top instead. I think you'll find it more functional for what you plan to do.
    As much as I love my Treo, I agree with lgreenberg. What you want to do can be better done with even a cheap laptop and a DC converter for unlimited power, than the Treo. I use my Treo to send/receive email, even with big attachments. Documents to Go Premium makes a great viewer and small editor, but I wouldn't want to have to rely on it for form fill-out and advanced printing. Besides, printing directly from the Treo is dicey at best.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I, too, unfortunately have to agree. Get a laptop. You can check out PrintBoy on Palmgear, but I don't think it'll do what you're looking for.
    You'll need a keyboard and a printer with an IR port. But you'll have to disconnect from the keyboard to print.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  6.    #6  
    I was afraid of that
    If you already have suitable applications for your invoices and pdf brochures, you can type in data with a bluetooth keyboard and infra red printer or vice versa.
    In the past, when I needed to prepare documents on the road, I needed to visit Kinkos and rent a computer and printer. Now, I can skip Kinkos and do everything on my Treo.

I have been able to set up my Treo 650 as a complete mobile office, without spending tons of money, and without using a laptop. I can now (1) grab docs from my desktop; (2) email them to my Treo; (3) edit the docs on the Treo or create new documents from scratch, including long documents; (4) print out final copies of the document wirelessly; and (5) manage my desktop from the Treo.

Here is my set-up:

1. For obtaining documents on the road:

--Sprint Business Connection: allows me to email documents from my desktop to the 650. (Free with my data plan, but Win-Hand works better)

--Win-Hand Anywhere: A little pricey now, but well worth it for me. I access all of my desktop programs from the Treo and transfer files to the Treo.

2. For modifying E-mailed docs or drafting new docs:

--Documents to Go (Bundled free with the 650)

--Wordsmith (good alternative to Docs to Go. I am a longtime registered user of this app, so it was basically free for me on the 650)

--PalmOne Universal Wireless Keyboard: works great with the Treo 650 for pounding out longer documens via the IR port. ($47 from Amazon)

3. Printing out docs on the road:

--Printboy: has the printer drivers for printing directly from the Treo ($39 retail, plus $5 for shipping, minus $30 from Palm's referral program = $14 final price)

--Canon BJC-80 - small portable battery-powered printer with a built-in IR adaptor for wireless printing. ($30 from ebay, which included the printer, battery pack, and carrying case. I love Ebay for stuff like this)

Total extra money spent to turn $650 into my mobile office:

Keyboard: $47
    PrintBoy: 14
    Printer: 30
    Win-Hand: $42 for 6 months

Total: $133

So far, the set-up is working great. The printer could be a little better quality. I may upgrade. Also, Printboy has very limited fonts, so I needed to preprint letterhead and adjust a few other forms to accommodate the basic fonts.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I gave up on DocsToGo when I realized that it butchers advanced formatting like headers and footers when you save. How do you get around that?
    If I am drafting a new document to be printed, I to to use Wordsmith - it's just easy to use. When I use Docs to Go (when I have to), I don't have a need for complex headers or footers - I just need page numbers. Also, I use pre-printed letterhead instead of relying upon the complicated Word formatting used on my desktop.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  11.    #11  
    what other printing alternatives exist? I am thinking of trying to find a way to print or construct invoices from my Treo using Docstogo or Wordsmith. All suggestions would help.
    thanks for the replies.
    Maybe an online solution that you can create, manage, email notices, etc from your Treo is a possible solution.

I installed einvoice from http://www.forperfect.com/ for my brother-in-law's computer services biz.

He can manage his accounts from the road (he uses a PCC). Most of his clients have email (he sales a solution if they don't) so he rarely prints out things. For those few times he does run to the office or FedEx Kinkos to print (honestly he prints them on the client's PC) them. the einvoice system generates PDF output. It costs less than $40

Take a look at it. Obvously he has a web site which is an extra expense.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    www.oqo.com
    I was thinking about this the whole tome while reading your post.
    I may get one but have to think about about it some more.
    MIKE
    "God Bless YOU Do The Rest"
    Mike Anderson
    http://michaand.ProBuilderPlus.com
    [QUOTE=heberman] 3. Printing out docs on the road:

--Printboy: has the printer drivers for printing directly from the Treo ($39 retail, plus $5 for shipping, minus $30 from Palm's referral program = $14 final price)

How easy it Printboy to use for printing attachments (word/excel/email)?
    printboy works just for treo, right?