1.    #1  
    How can I use my own JPEG images as wallpapers? I preffer to put them on my SD card if possible to conserve internal memory space. Also, do images have to be of a certain size?

Thanx
    If you are speaking of using a .jpg as your "desktop" wallpaper, the standard OS launcher will not allow this, only the Calendar and Phone app.

However if you were to install a 3rd party launcher like ZLauncher, you could have a very nice background like this particular tab I have on mine...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    you can use your jpegs as wallpapers, if you want to use one for your phone app for instance, go to phone app > menu button > options > general pref. > select show dialpad and scroll down to show wallpaper > tap pic to the right and choose the pic u want, it can be on the card, the treo still alots a .2mb space for it in memory

hope this helps
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    And as I learned here, the pictures have to be moved to the phone's RAM using the Camera app. I'm not 100% sure but I think they have to be in the /DCIM folder on the card for Camera to "see" them. Anyway, copy or move the image(s) to a category in RAM, and then you'll be able to follow Franko515's instructions to choose the image as wallpaper.

For the Treo 600, images will display at 160x120 pixels if you don't have the little 5-way/center button "map" active, so your images don't have to be any bigger than that (160 wide x 120 high). Each image might take up 14 or 15k of RAM.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    Okay, I put half a dozen jpegs in the /DCIM folder on the card and I put another half dozen in RAM. The camera can't see them and they don't appear as choices in wallpaper. Are you sure this works on a 600 or is it 650 specific?
    Never mind. I figured it out. As I thought, jpegs can be seen only by third party apps. You can't put jpegs into either RAM or the card and use them as wallpaper. You have to incorporate them into the internal image data base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul-The-Phone
    Never mind. I figured it out. As I thought, jpegs can be seen only by third party apps. You can't put jpegs into either RAM or the card and use them as wallpaper. You have to incorporate them into the internal image data base.
    Which is possible if you do a move/copy from the card to a category (which copies it to the image database in RAM). Is that what you ended up doing?
    I'm a bit confused after reading this thread. I know you can have a picture appear as your default phone screen (i guess for calender too?). I thought I saw somewhere though, that much like my Phone is the default screen when I hit the power button - I could have a picture as my default "treo on" screen. After reading this thread, I guess the answer is NO? Not with out after market stuff? Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by adrock
    I'm a bit confused after reading this thread. I know you can have a picture appear as your default phone screen (i guess for calender too?). I thought I saw somewhere though, that much like my Phone is the default screen when I hit the power button - I could have a picture as my default "treo on" screen. After reading this thread, I guess the answer is NO? Not with out after market stuff? Thanks in advance!
    If you're referring to the screen that appears when turning on/off wireless mode, then it can be done with a 3rd party application. There is a way to do it without the application, but I forget the steps.

Skinner for Treo 600.