1.    #1  
    We are pleased to announce the release of NesEm v1.9

NesEm now integrates with our new online chat and gaming client KSChat. You can use KSChat to find opponents and play NES games online. KSChat is available at our downloads page.

The new version of NesEm includes the following new features:

Integration with KSChat
    Full screen smoothing for regular PalmOS devices
    Fix for the gamegenie form bug that was causing crashes

Regards,

KalemSoft

NOTE: For KSChat to be able to see your games, place your NES games under /NesEm/MP directory on the memory card. Also, if you are behind a firewall, you need to enable port 5406 for others to be able to connect to you for multiplayer gaming.

You will need a wifi/cable connection for acceptable multiplayer gaming performance.

If you need help, please do not hesitate to contact us.
    "you will need wifi/cable connection for acceptable multiplayer game play..." so does that mean we can play wirelessly w/o external help?? does the multiplayer app work with nesem prior to ver. 1.9?
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503
    "you will need wifi/cable connection for acceptable multiplayer game play..." so does that mean we can play wirelessly w/o external help?? does the multiplayer app work with nesem prior to ver. 1.9?
    There are two options to play wirelessly:

1. Using "MPlyr" button within NesEm (available with NesEm v1.8 and above):
    a. Multiplayer over bluetooth
    b. Multiplayer over wifi/cable/gprs

This option does not require KSChat.

2. Using KSChat (available with NesEm v1.9 only):
    Multiplayer over wifi/cable/gprs

In both options above, gprs support is limited as it uses a proxy and is very slow for real-time gaming. Proxy restriction means that you cannot accept connections from others, but you can connect to others.

However, if you have a wifi connection with a wifi card, you can either connect to other devices in an ad hoc local area network or through the internet. In option 1 above, you will need know the ip address of your peer and should enter it during the connection setup in NesEm forms.

If you use KSChat though as in option 2, you can search for opponents on KS servers, you don't need to know the ip address of others to connect to them.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I'm getting strange performance with 1.9 in all games. This is with smoothing off and on. 1.8 still runs beautifully though. Smoothing looks fantastic so I'd like to get 1.9 running as fast as 1.8 if possible. It's almost like the frame skipper is acting up. It's easy to see in a game like Little League Baseball because the framerate is choppy when the ball is pitched. Tecmo Super Bowl is a good example too. On kicks, the framerate on the power meter is jumpy. Sound is being rendered without any hiccups and my PalmInternals speed tests are still fine so I don't believe this is a CPU/resource speed issue. If I take the frame skipper off auto and set it to the second click from the left, the framerate is almost acceptable but still not smooth.

EDIT: After going back to 1.8 I noticed that the slider under Emulation > Speed is a lot larger in 1.8 than in 1.9. Since my problems seem to be related to frame skipping, I wonder if this change is related to the choppy framerate?
    Last edited by aldamon; 09/08/2005 at 10:16 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Version 1.8 had zero frameskip as default. Version 1.9 gives you the option to set the frameskip yourself. If you set it to zero (without enabling the auto button), it should be equivalent to what you get with version 1.8. However, if you enable smoothing with frameskip set to zero and without overclocking, you may experience performance problems because smoothing takes too much CPU power. Therefore, we recommend using smoothing with frameskip set to 1 at least.

Regards.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Thanks. It's too bad the Treo 650 isn't powerful enough for smoothing. It really looks nice
    bah, LJP is free,and i do not see the need to buy this...
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    LJP always reboots my Treo. That's one reason I use Nesem