1.    #1  
    I was purging my call log and then it just hung up and kept beeping with the call log screen hanging. So I popped out the battery to reset it and now I can't get into the phone options. It will turn on and turn off the phone, but it's won't show the phone functions. Any suggestions?
    Do you back up on a regular basis? If you do then do a restore.

If not a hard reset would probably fix it.
  3.    #3  
    I did a hard reset, now I can't hotsync.......
    More detail please............
    KRS, If you have done regular hotsyncs, my advice would be to launch your desktop.

From the menu bar select Hotsync>Custom.
    Then scroll down until you find "back up" change that setting to "Desktop overwrites hanheld.
    Do not check the "set as default.
    This will allow the settings to revert back to hanheld overwrites desktop, after the hotsync.

Then try to hotsync. Hope that works for you.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

6.    #6  
    when I hookup the cable to the treo and click on the hotsync, it doesn't launch anything on the computer. it comes back with an error on the treo, that it can't connect to the desktop and tell me to check my setup.
    Are you using the hotsync cable that came with the phone? The one with the hotsync button on the cable?

Thread Crapper

I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Are you sure the cable is properly connected to both your PC and the Treo (check the connector to the Treo to make sure.)

Have you tried re-starting your PC?

You may want to try re-installing the Palm Desktop/Hot Sync software from your CD ROM.
    If he has to reinstall the desktop software, he's gonna overwright all his previous settings and software that were (hopefully) saved on his PC. Won't he?

If you have to do a re-install, I would suggest that you go into the palm directory on your PC and move or do a temp rename of the "backup folder". Then after the re-install, put the back up folder back and change the name back. Then a hot sync may work.

Thread Crapper

I beleive tha back up folder is retained even if the software is removed.

But just to be safe saving a copy of it before reinstall couldn't hurt.
    Thats good to know. I was unaware of that. Thanks.

Thread Crapper

12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    Are you using the hotsync cable that came with the phone? The one with the hotsync button on the cable?

yes
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Are you sure the cable is properly connected to both your PC and the Treo (check the connector to the Treo to make sure.)

Have you tried re-starting your PC?

You may want to try re-installing the Palm Desktop/Hot Sync software from your CD ROM.
    I've checked connectors, reboots pc. As for reinstalling the hotsync software, I couldn't find it on the sprint cd.
    Ok. Just so we're on the same page, you've taken the following steps.

1. Checked all connections
    2. Launched the Palm Desktop software on the PC,
    3. Went to the menu bar and selected the "hotsync" dropdown,
    4. Select "custom" on the dropdown
    5. In the pop-up window, scroll to "Backup"
    6. Change to "PC overwrites handheld,"
    7. Press hotsync button on cable.

If after this you still get an error, you may just have to make the dreaded trip back to your phone store.

Thread Crapper

15.    #15  
    I've done everything you mentioned other than reinstall hotsync.
    Try that I guess.

Before you do, remember to rename your "Backup" folder, and move it out of the Palm directory. After the re-install, remember to move it back into the Palm directory. Then follow the above steps one more time.

I don't know what else to suggest.

Thread Crapper

You might check to see if it's a problem with your hotsync cable first. If you can, try hotsyncing via IR or bluetooth to see if it will make the connection w/your computer that way vs. the cable.
    right click on hotsync and make sure "local usb" is checked.

Probably is, but its worth checking...
    Before you mees with any software un-installation, clean the connections again. Use alcohol and a q-tip or something and blow on the connector cable like crazy. Push that joker in as firmly as you can and then hit the button while still keeping it supported on the end of the phone. I thought folks were crazy until I actually ran into this, I saw the problem manifested as just the Treo saying "Connecting" forever and I also got a USB device not recognised error, cleaning the connectors and pressing firmly was the answer in both cases. Good luck.

PS, If you do make the dreaded trip to the phone store, you might think about a new sync cable before you try a new phone, if it doesn't work you can always return it.
    Hi, I just joined the forum to say that I got this exact same problem yesterday! I hit the green "send" button but it won't pop up my keypad screen for me to be able to call out. I checked to see if I can get incoming calls but I can't call out!

I don't think it's a syncing issue. I completed a sync this morning and the problem still persisted. It's either some hardware thing or I dunno...