1.    #1  
    I will be away from a charger for a long time on an upcoming trip and will be doing work on the Treo. I have an extra battery I keep charging in the cradle, but have never used it.

When I pull the battery out of the Treo when I want to change it, how long do I have before I loose memory?

Bob
    With the NVFS file system that the Treo 650 has, you wont have worry about how long you keep the battery out. Take your time, relax, you wont loose any data.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    The Treo 650 has non volatile memory. You have as much time as you wish to to change the battery.
    Actually, there is no guarantee if you take more than 100 years. . . Just to be safe, I'd do it within 10 years.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    While it is true that you do not lose the contents (programs, settings, etc.) of your Treo when you switch batteries, be aware that pulling the battery out is the same as doing a soft reset. The Treo will reboot when a battery is put back in the unit.

Keep this in mind... For example, suppose you are in the middle of filling out an on-line form (like writing a post on TreoCentral). If you pull the battery and put a fresh one in while doing this, you will lose what you were doing.

In other words, swapping the battery is not a seemless operation.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.