Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks for your help, nonobeez. I just tried my phone again this morning and VolumeCare Bypass seems to be working fine now with my BT headset. I'm gonna try this for a few days (until it expires) and see how well it works. I still may go with the hardware solution, though, since I like keeping software to a minimum, though the increased volume is pretty cool.
    palmOne Treo 650 (Unlocked Cingular on T-Mobile)
    Firmware: 01.23 | Software: Treo650-1.06/5052/0... | Hardware: A
    Quote Originally Posted by omen68x
    Thanks for your help, nonobeez. I just tried my phone again this morning and VolumeCare Bypass seems to be working fine now with my BT headset. I'm gonna try this for a few days (until it expires) and see how well it works. I still may go with the hardware solution, though, since I like keeping software to a minimum, though the increased volume is pretty cool.
    I have the same scenario (although my jack is still good ...crossing my fingers). I use my 650 a lot for multimedia (MP3/Video), so in anticipation of my headset jack breaking under constrant plugging/unplugging, can I use VolumeCare to bypass the stereo headphones and answer my calls using my BlueTooth device without unplugging the headphone? I'm planning to use this headphone adapter
    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=227

Aloha
    Convergence is so Cool!
    Old: Palm IIIc - VIIx, Sony Clie NX60, Motorola Startac,Clie TH55, Treo 600
    New: Treo 650, wow!
    I have the infamous headset problem.

I tried HeadCold and Freedom. Both only work temporarily. I have to hold down a key to hear something.

I installed VolumeCare Bypass and it works. But, I can't use my BT headset or speakerphone. I can live without the wired headset but I need my BT headset.

nonobeez, it looks like I'll be sending you my Treo for the hardware fix. (I'm not comfortable soldering in those relatively tight spaces.) Contact me with info. Thanks!
    You should be able to use the speakrephone as normal. That was part of the design criteria. I did forget about BT though. That is easy enough to add. I am interested in hearing why the speaker phone does not work for you. Several seconds into the phone call, you should se a speaker phone button appear in the phone application. Are you using the standard phone appliction or something like TakePHone? If you are using the standard phone application, you should see the normal speaker phone button appear. If it is not there, that means I have the timing wrong for the ROM you are using. Even though it is not there, try tapping at the locatiopn where the speaker phone button "should" be and see if this alows you to switch into speaker phone mode.

I am also planning on adding the ability to make the speaker phone the default answering speaker but I first wanted to address the broken headset jack first since that is the driving feature that needs to be addressed first.

Jeff
    Anyone have comment on this product? I've ordered from fadfusion, but the picture here is much better:

http://www.electronicsoutfitter.com/store/HFR1A.html

it looks like it may work...
    hello, first time poster, lurker for a year now! I bought a Treo 650 GSM unlocked from Ebay and was pretty happy with it untill I used the wired headset. As many of you know, it did something to the headset jack and it thought it was always connected. I sent my Treo to Nonobeez and in less than 1 week it was back in my hands, working better than ever. Not only that but he installed the newest ROM and put in the antenna headset jack. GREAT WORK. Thanks for fixing something that Plam should have built a bit more sturdy.
    Your welcomed!! I was wondering what happended since I misplaced your tracking #.

BTW... your Treo was a refirbished unit but it appeared that the jack was not replaced, just played with. There were inspection marks inside the unit on various components not seen on other phones.

I did not disable the mechanical switch, just jumped the faulty circuit. I have yet to see a faulty mechanical switch.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Yeah, add me to the list. I've replaced my Treo 650 twice for the headphone jack.

Sprint gave me trouble at first, because their tech did not test the stereo part of it, just for a phone call.

Ultimatley, it broke completely, and they replaced it no problem.

I did use a Seidio adapter, but I also used the Treo Stereo headset as well (most the Treo), the adapter probably develops a cold solder joint, that's what mine start out to be. I considered opening it, but in the end, decided to make sure I didn't do anything to void the warrenty.

I've been paying for the lost/replacement contact with Sprint which just got raised to $6 per month, and hopefully it will cover the replacements.

This is now I think if I'm counting right, my 4 or 5 Treo 650 in under a year.

But I am a fan and love my Treo.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Get your phone back yet? How is the fix working out for you? Please let us know
    Yep. The replacement phone came back with the headset jack working just fine. Alas they didn't give me one with hardware build B. As they didn't let me keep the old phone, I can't say how long the contact polishing fix would have lasted, but for the few days before I had time to turn it in it was good enough that I considered very carefully weather or not to replace the phone. For now I just try to keep in mind that the jack is pretty fragile and I'm carefull not to set it down on the plug when the headphones are jacked in. ( also absolutely avoid the rigid elbow shaped 3.5mm adaptor)
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Get your phone back yet? How is the fix working out for you? Please let us know
    Yup. Thank you so much! It works so much better now!!

Now I just hope no other problems will show up with the Treo. My old 600 had so many problems that it is now a paperweight. This was the second major problem I've had with my 650 in the six months that I've had it.

Nono, I emailed you but I've been having SMTP issues and it looks like my messages didn't go through.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    You should be able to use the speakrephone as normal. That was part of the design criteria. I did forget about BT though. That is easy enough to add. I am interested in hearing why the speaker phone does not work for you. Several seconds into the phone call, you should se a speaker phone button appear in the phone application. Are you using the standard phone appliction or something like TakePHone? If you are using the standard phone application, you should see the normal speaker phone button appear. If it is not there, that means I have the timing wrong for the ROM you are using. Even though it is not there, try tapping at the locatiopn where the speaker phone button "should" be and see if this alows you to switch into speaker phone mode.
    Jeff, sorry I didn't reply to your message. I was getting ready to go on vacation as this was happening and didn't see your message. Basically, I just kept the wired headset attached to the phone the whole time. VolumeCare Bypass didn't work for me. I said previously that it started working but I believe that was just the hardware switch switching back. It happened a few times over the next few weeks where it would switch back and forth. When I got time, I just sent my Treo to nonobeez and he took care of it.

BTW, I'm using the standard phone application. I'm not sure about my ROM. I've been wanting to upgrade it but my phone is an unlocked Cingular and I don't want to brick it.
    Yup. Thank you so much! It works so much better now!!

Now I just hope no other problems will show up with the Treo. My old 600 had so many problems that it is now a paperweight. This was the second major problem I've had with my 650 in the six months that I've had it.

Nono, I emailed you but I've been having SMTP issues and it looks like my messages didn't go through.
    No problem... I am actually used to not hearing from customers after repairs. That is a good thing I guess.

If you want to get rid of your 600 let me know.... I want to try some new things on a spare phone.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345