Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    I am sure Jeff will have a fix if it's possible. Unfortunatly, the internal circuit may be going thru the connector. removing the connector disables the speakerphone... not sure about the speaker and mic.

Jeff, if you need someone to test your software fix, let me know, I have a test phone with the jack removed and wired for testing. I can simulate various senarios.
    Cool look for an update in less than 7 days. I have several projects going on at the same time right now. Several new things in the works......

Jeff
    I verified that a bad jack problem can be fixed with software. Removed a jack and I could not get sound from speaker or speakerphone. Freedom cured the problem.

Jeff,

Could you add a feature that allows speakerphone use when something is plugged in? I notice the option is not availble on the screen while on a call.
    Funny you ask. I am actually partnering with the developer of Freedom to bring this technology to VolumeCare. Working on it as I am typing this reply. Should be calling for beta candidates later this week. Just working through a couple of things before we have a version ready for testing.

Jeff
    It's funny you mention that jeff, I was just trying out freedom the other day. I'm sure it's a great program when you use it for its intended purpose, but it doesn't benefit me in my problem. (I'm trying to get my treo to "ignore" the fact there is a wired headset plugged in during voice calls - the jack is messed up)

Freedom will do this, to an extent. If I make a call, I'm forced to press buttons (any buttons) continuously, like left or right, and it'll work. However, if I stop then I lose sound, and my phone goes back to "thinking" a wired headset is plugged in. Does that make any sense?

I suppose I may be chasing something that might not be fixable with software alone. I'll just have to fork over the $160 and have Palm replace/fix the thing.

Regardless, VolumeCare seems like a great program. Thanks for all the effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimizee
    It's funny you mention that jeff, I was just trying out freedom the other day. I'm sure it's a great program when you use it for its intended purpose, but it doesn't benefit me in my problem. (I'm trying to get my treo to "ignore" the fact there is a wired headset plugged in during voice calls - the jack is messed up)

Freedom will do this, to an extent. If I make a call, I'm forced to press buttons (any buttons) continuously, like left or right, and it'll work. However, if I stop then I lose sound, and my phone goes back to "thinking" a wired headset is plugged in. Does that make any sense?

I suppose I may be chasing something that might not be fixable with software alone. I'll just have to fork over the $160 and have Palm replace/fix the thing.

Regardless, VolumeCare seems like a great program. Thanks for all the effort.
    I am working on this software solution as we speak and have the solution almost ready to release into Beta! Hang in there another day or so.

Jeff
    Is Freedom like Headset Control???
    Jimizee,

Send the phone to me. I will fix it cheaper and better. I can also add a 3.5mm audio jack.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Putting the jack on the bottom of the device was good for the car connector, but screwed it up for everything else. WAAAY too much leverage is exerted by the physics, and it's ridiculously impractical to have headsets and microphones dangling on the bottom - can't use them in nearly any cases and the cord just gets more in the way.

I see so many bozos talking on the cell phone in their hands as they drive, it seems that Palm overestimated the usefulness of making it simple for car use (does ANYONE even OWN that $200 car kit?), while making wired communication and audio listening highly impractical for the 99% of us that don't exclusively use the Treo in an automobile.

This and the 32MB internal memory problem were obvious to me and many others on these boards in November 2003 when we got the Treo 600s... why aren't they obvious to Palm?

(in Palm's defense - the WINDOZE treo finally has more memory, but M$ probably screwed them to the floor to do it - because Palm's answer to why not enough RAM is "just use the SD card").
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I am working on this software solution as we speak and have the solution almost ready to release into Beta! Hang in there another day or so.

Jeff
    BETA AVAILABILITY

This new addition to VolumeCare was developed in conjunction with the ToySoft Software Development company. Together we are bringing to market the ability to restore your Treo to normal operation (minus wired headsets) if your Treo suffers from the common Headset Jack Hardware Failure. The new feature will be offered as an additional cost to VolumeCare since many weeks of developement effort went into this offering. The new add-on product will be called VolumeCare Bypass.

You can find it at this location:

http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.p...op=getit&lid=28

This will be a 5 day beta program. I am very interested in how this solution works on Treo's that have broken headset jacks on their Treo's.

Updates in this release:

1) Added new Bypass Module. This module will allow users with headset jack hardware failures to restore their Treo into operation using their internal speakers.
    2) Fixed a system sound problem where system sounds were still getting changed
    3) Improved internal performance.
    4) Improved the display of license key status

Jeff
    Bump. Anyone have any feedback? Is this solution working for you?

Jeff
    Your program is an interesting idea, but does not work for me.

I need a fix that would restore the wired headset. I use the wired headset all the time. It looks like I would need a hardware fix if my jack fails.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Your program is an interesting idea, but does not work for me.

I need a fix that would restore the wired headset. I use the wired headset all the time. It looks like I would need a hardware fix if my jack fails.
    This is true. A software solution can not fix a hardware failure. But this solution can restore the operation of your Treo so you can use the internal speakers. What you will find is that when the headset jack fails, it causes your Treo to think there is a headset perminantly plugged into your Treo. Thus all of your internal speakers and internal MIC will no longer function.

Jeff
    Jeff,

No way to switch from internal speaker to headset without a reset? I thought freedom and headcold allowed a change without a reset...
    Bump. Anyone have any feedback? Is this solution working for you?
    Since headphone jack on my Treo is currently working (knock on wood), I tried your app with Palm's adaptor inserted to "simulate" faulty jack. Enabled by-pass, then soft reset, checked mp3 sound (Aeroplayer) -- no sound. Turned on the phone -- while turning on, an unusual "Network search" window appeared, never seen it before. Then it said "No service" (or something like that) -- I chose "Select Network" from the Options menu, and after about a minute search the device reset again. After this I got both mp3 and phone sound.

After this, no unusual behavior encountered.
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    What is wrong with the damn headphone jack. Mine worked fine for a couple weeks then suddenly I can hear on my headset but nobody can hear me. The headset works on another phone. What gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalEarth
    What is wrong with the damn headphone jack. Mine worked fine for a couple weeks then suddenly I can hear on my headset but nobody can hear me. The headset works on another phone. What gives?

does it work if you wiggle it? how about stereo sound via an adapter? does your phone work fine without a headset? resets help? We need more info...
    Jeff,

No way to switch from internal speaker to headset without a reset? I thought freedom and headcold allowed a change without a reset...
    My solution is very focused on restoring your Treo's phone and normal speaker operation if you have suffered from a headset jack hardware failure. I am not trying to provide a general headset solution with this product offering. All users that are suffering from a failed headset jack will find this utility seamless and exactly what they need to restore the normal operation of their $600 device. This is why I took the design approach of a complete "Bypass" of the headset jack. Also, there are so many variations of the headset jack failure, an all or nothing approach was the only way to make sure your Treo continues to work if you have an intermittent or partial failure.

Make sense? What features/functions do you think are missing?

Jeff
    My solution is very focused on restoring your Treo's phone and normal speaker operation if you have suffered from a headset jack hardware failure. I am not trying to provide a general headset solution with this product offering. All users that are suffering from a failed headset jack will find this utility seamless and exactly what they need to restore the normal operation of their $600 device. This is why I took the design approach of a complete "Bypass" of the headset jack. Also, there are so many variations of the headset jack failure, an all or nothing approach was the only way to make sure your Treo continues to work if you have an intermittent or partial failure.

Make sense? What features/functions do you think are missing?

Jeff
    Hi Jeff,

Just to clarify.... is your solution only for 650's that have a broken jack? Or can it also be used (with treos that still have good jacks) as an option to "bypass" the stereo headphone inorder to answer a call using the speakerphone?

My jack is still good (crossing my fingers) and I use my treo a lot as a MP3/video player (therefore constantly plugging/unplugging a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter) which eventually will most likely break the jack.

TIA for your response. Aloha
    Convergence is so Cool!
    Old: Palm IIIc - VIIx, Sony Clie NX60, Motorola Startac,Clie TH55, Treo 600
    New: Treo 650, wow!
    Jeff,

Seems to me people with the problem are using the jack. Your program takes that functionality away and for a fee. I understand the need for a price, but not being able to select between headset and internal speaker... I don't think it will be acceptable.

Plus I think headcold fixes the problem, and for free.
    I have the infamous headset problem.

I tried HeadCold and Freedom. Both only work temporarily. I have to hold down a key to hear something.

I installed VolumeCare Bypass and it works. But, I can't use my BT headset or speakerphone. I can live without the wired headset but I need my BT headset.

nonobeez, it looks like I'll be sending you my Treo for the hardware fix. (I'm not comfortable soldering in those relatively tight spaces.) Contact me with info. Thanks!
    palmOne Treo 650 (Unlocked Cingular on T-Mobile)
    Firmware: 01.23 | Software: Treo650-1.06/5052/0... | Hardware: A
    Sent you the info. Sucks that the software fix does not work for you, especially since you don't need a wired headset.

P.S. I am keeping track of all customers just in case there is need to unite and have palm fix this problem right...
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast