Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    There are several types of lanyards that you wear around your neck....Thats my serious answer....

Now as for the other answer....if you look like danny DeVito there really is no reason to be going to parties....
    Stay home with the wife and watch a movie in your boxers.....
    How to carry you phone without your pants falling?
    Hmmmm....

I would think the real question would be,

What do you clip your phone to, if your pants did fall!

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by xxpinballxx
    There are several types of lanyards that you wear around your neck....Thats my serious answer....

Now as for the other answer....if you look like danny DeVito there really is no reason to be going to parties....
    Stay home with the wife and watch a movie in your boxers.....
    Sitting at home and watching movies all the time is probably how he got to look like Danny DeVito...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss
    In the pocket, on a case on the belt, my pants are falling. Is there a way to carry the phone without my pants falling? I am tired of raising them as they sag...it is a lot of weight to hold "with the belt"

One of those gun like holsters? Any ideas?
    I carry mine in a pouch around my neck. Pouch has a pocket for the Treo, and others for credentials and money. Has a belt loop on the back. Works well with wired or wireless headset. Made by the people who make the Swiss Army knife. Available in better luggage stores (but not on their web site.) Looks a little geeky but does not draw as much comment as a pocket protector.

I have soft velcro on the back of the Treo and hard velcro in convenient places. Since I use my Treo as a GPS in rental cars, I carry hard velcro strips to mount it to dashes. (If you get a rental car with a piece of velcro on the dash, it is probably one that I have used in the past.)

Several of my jackets have Treo pockets in the lower left lining. My ski parka came with a Treo pocket inside over my right breast.

All of these have limitations that will be addressed when the Treo 1000 comes out. It will be the size of an SD Card and have a velcro fastener.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    And the name of the pouch by the Swiss Army people is????
    How about a "Treo Hat". It would look like one of those old-time reporter's hats, but instead of a press card, you could stick the Treo in the band!

/that's 30 sec of my life I'll never get back...
    Here's a new lanyard case. What kind of case are you currently using?
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    maybe for mens, you got the pants falling problem
    Strap it to your thigh
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss
    This is a serious thread. I am tired of my pants hanging down to my groin at a party after the 650's gravity continuosly continues. How about suspenders? They will hold the pants. Internal suspenders? Do they exist? How about an internal belt that is higher than a regular belt and more V shaped, yes nerdy and uncomfortable on that 1 nite stand but since I am married I only lust in my heart.

Mr mgauss

I will put aside my shame and embarassment and have my personal Demons take a hike while I share my story with you. I, too, am a droopy drawers sufferer. With the coins and 2 sets of keys, comb and fat wallet from all the money I make, not mention the other what not in my pockets. I just quietly suffered with droopy drawers and just kept pulling my pants up.

Then along came the Treo clipped to my belt. I never associated the Treo with causing further droppage of my pants, until early one morning, this past winter. I was bent over checking the air lines on my trailer, when a chunk of snow came loose from the top of my trailer and hit me on the back and yes, you guessed it, the snow slid down my exposed **** crack. I damn near knocked my self out when I went to stand up quickly and hit my head on the bottom of my trailer. I said to myself, my god, what an odd feeling, let alone the knot on my head.

That's when I realized there may be an issue here concerning the Treo. I like to think this has to be an affliction similar to, but not including the well known phenomena known as, do I need to say it, exposed Plumbers **** crack, or Plumbers crack for short. You/we have seen this curse plumbers have to live with daily. We call a plumber to fix the peskey fixtures and while the plumber is under the sink, we see the exposed **** crack. At first we may experience fear that we may have this affliction hit us at some time in our lives. But we settle back and reassure ourselves that this can never happen, because I ain't no plumber.

Well, I'm here to tell ya, that this exposed crackage affliction is hitting Treo users, like you and me for example. I don't know if it is at an alarming rate, because Treo users don't talk about it. Until now, since you decided to put aside any embarrassment and suffer any public ridicule that may follow to bring this embarrassing problem to the public.

While I was suffering in quiet agony, a personal hell if you will, I decided to embark on a quest to find a cure for this affliction. You see, this exposed crackage affliction seems to be more pronounced on Treo users. Because I realized, like you, that this Treo is pulling my pants down at greater amounts every day. I became angry at everyone, anyone, because nobody told me this could happen and that I may risk a day in court with an indecent exposure charge leveled at me. Soon I began to taunt the police, with now you see it, now you don't. I dared them to charge me with indecent exposure from all that **** crack showing.

But quickly that fun ended, and I devoted a lot of time to find the answers as to why I have an excessive amount of drawers droppage. But first I had to find ways to lessen or eliminate droopy drawers syndrome. So I started carrying my Treo in a shirt pocket, Then the buttons on my shirt were popping due to the weight of the Treo. This resulted in twin Man Breast exposure. Then I decided to start wearing polo shirts with one pocket. This did not help. I ended up exposing one Man Breast in public because the Treo stretched the neck down to my belly button. I then concidered buying a Bro, similar to a bra, but the Bro is for men.

Then I had to concider getting a Bro with a heater for those cold minus 14 degree temps in Wisconsin. But where would I put the battery for the heater. The Treo was already pulling my pants down.

Just shortly after that Bro procurement episode, I discovered the bungy cord method of securing my pants in an upwardly mobile fashion. At first, using one bungy cord seemed to suffice, until it broke due to the excessive weight of the Treo. When it broke, it slapped me up side my head and shot my bluetooth headset off. Well, I figured if one bungy helped, two bungies would be the sure cure. Let me tell ya, that resulted in a whole new set of problems. At first, it seemed to be the answer. Because two bungies had an abundent amount of upward pulling force to overcome the downward pulling force of the Treo.

Shortly thereafter, I noticed that two bungies were pulling my pants up so tight, that I was getting a wedgie from my pants. That was a whole 'nother feeling I had to get used to. Then I started noticing my pants were disappearing. You are probably asking yourself, disappearing to where. If I may be subtle, they were disappearing to were the sun don't shine. At the end of the day, I started walking funny because my pant legs were up to my thighs. Also I was bundled tighter than bundled software. Then I started to become obsessed with the possibilty of my Treo disappearing to the same place my pants where disappearing into. I began asking myself all the what if's, what if the phone rang and I couldn't hear it, what if I couldn't have easy access to it and what if I had to enable wake up, how long would the battery last.

Then one day, a person walked up to me, and asked if I was related to the extreme left winger, Michael Moore. That was it, the situation became intolerable. The bungies had to go. I even thought about sending the Treo off to an early demise. I finally came to my senses and decided I could not expect the Treo to commit Treocide.

So there I was, back at square one. Droopy drawers and an excessive amount of exposed crackage. Soon I coined a name to the affliction, Treo Crackage Syndrome. In public, I would suffer in quite humiliation, with my head hung low. People even walked up to me from behind, tapping me on the shoulder saying, you poor man, let me buy you a cup of coffee because you look like you are suffering in quiet humiliation with all that exposed plumbers crack. I would turn to them and say, it is not plumbers crack, it is Treo Crackage Syndrome. It is caused by this excessively heavy Treo. Fortunately, all those kind people never realized my head was hung low to check the amount of pants droppage I had going at the time.

I soon started spending every awake hour I had, including some hours while I was sleeping, searching the net, researching everything, thinking, thinking, thinking and even did some soul searching into why this was happening. The whole exercise was for naught, I could find no reason for this affliction anywhere.

Then it hit me, could it be that simple, miracle of miracles, the Treo has a gravity bug. It seems the Treo increases the cause and effect of gravity in the vicinity of your pants when clipped to your pants. The cause, the Treo increases the pressure on gravity causing excessive pulling forces on your pants. The effect, Treo Crackage Syndrome, hense, the affliction. I further theorize, the excessive forces on gravity is exaserbated exponentially by the Treo user overloading the Treo with apps and files. It appears the gravity bug is irritated by all that data. The gravity bug gets bloated by the excessive data entries and causes the Treo to increase it gravitational forces on your pants.

It even got embarrassing to tuck my shirt in with my pants undone. I would loose my grip on my pants and as sure I sit here, they would drop to the floor. My embarrassment was further exasserbated if I had no skivies on at that particular moment.

And yes I still suffer, waiting in eager anticipation, hoping that Palmone would develope a patch for this gravity bug. I hope also that a developer may step up to the plate and develope a program, software, something, anything to fix this gravity bug.

In closing, let me put my cover on and salute you for being brave in announcing to the public your droopy drawers problem. You have helped me talk about this affliction. I feel invigerated now, somewhat liberated, the world is my oyster again. Thank You, Thank You

Your fellow Treo Crackage Syndrom sufferer........

Chuck
    Last edited by chckhbrt; 08/22/2005 at 09:20 PM.
    Dude, saggin' pants are what's cool. You need to get some cool Tommy Hillfiger boxers to expose from underneath them. Baggie shirt and shiny white new tennis shoes (and gold chain) will help integrate this look.

Also, cellphone visibly swinging and hanging off the outside of the front pocket is all but mandatory with the above look.
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
    I am reminded of my first cell phone. It was the size and weight of a brick. The battery had a life of half a day so one had to carry a spare. The battery weighed more than several Treos. Of course one also had to carry a Palm. My Palm Vx had an OmniSky sled that was bigger than it was. My Treo is smaller than any other Palm device that I have ever carried and it includes my cell phone.
    I still say "go with the internal suspenders" !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Mr mgauss

I will put aside my shame and embarassment and have my personal Demons take a hike while I share my story with you. I, too, am a droopy drawers sufferer. With the coins and 2 sets of keys, comb and fat wallet from all the money I make, not mention the other what not in my pockets. I just quietly suffered with droopy drawers and just kept pulling my pants up.

Then along came the Treo clipped to my belt. I never associated the Treo with causing further droppage of my pants, until early one morning, this past winter. I was bent over checking the air lines on my trailer, when a chunk of snow came loose from the top of my trailer and hit me on the back and yes, you guessed it, the snow slid down my exposed **** crack. I damn near knocked my self out when I went to stand up quickly and hit my head on the bottom of my trailer. I said to myself, my god, what an odd feeling, let alone the knot on my head.

That's when I realized there may be an issue here concerning the Treo. I like to think this has to be an affliction similar to, but not including the well known phenomena known as, do I need to say it, exposed Plumbers **** crack, or Plumbers crack for short. You/we have seen this curse plumbers have to live with daily. We call a plumber to fix the peskey fixtures and while the plumber is under the sink, we see the exposed **** crack. At first we may experience fear that we may have this affliction hit us at some time in our lives. But we settle back and reassure ourselves that this can never happen, because I ain't no plumber.

Well, I'm here to tell ya, that this exposed crackage affliction is hitting Treo users, like you and me for example. I don't know if it is at an alarming rate, because Treo users don't talk about it. Until now, since you decided to put aside any embarrassment and suffer any public ridicule that may follow to bring this embarrassing problem to the public.

While I was suffering in quiet agony, a personal hell if you will, I decided to embark on a quest to find a cure for this affliction. You see, this exposed crackage affliction seems to be more pronounced on Treo users. Because I realized, like you, that this Treo is pulling my pants down at greater amounts every day. I became angry at everyone, anyone, because nobody told me this could happen and that I may risk a day in court with an indecent exposure charge leveled at me. Soon I began to taunt the police, with now you see it, now you don't. I dared them to charge me with indecent exposure from all that **** crack showing.

But quickly that fun ended, and I devoted a lot of time to find the answers as to why I have an excessive amount of drawers droppage. But first I had to find ways to lessen or eliminate droopy drawers syndrome. So I started carrying my Treo in a shirt pocket, Then the buttons on my shirt were popping due to the weight of the Treo. This resulted in twin Man Breast exposure. Then I decided to start wearing polo shirts with one pocket. This did not help. I ended up exposing one Man Breast in public because the Treo stretched the neck down to my belly button. I then concidered buying a Bro, similar to a bra, but the Bro is for men.

Then I had to concider getting a Bro with a heater for those cold minus 14 degree temps in Wisconsin. But where would I put the battery for the heater. The Treo was already pulling my pants down.

Just shortly after that Bro procurement episode, I discovered the bungy cord method of securing my pants in an upwardly mobile fashion. At first, using one bungy cord seemed to suffice, until it broke due to the excessive weight of the Treo. When it broke, it slapped me up side my head and shot my bluetooth headset off. Well, I figured if one bungy helped, two bungies would be the sure cure. Let me tell ya, that resulted in a whole new set of problems. At first, it seemed to be the answer. Because two bungies had an abundent amount of upward pulling force to overcome the downward pulling force of the Treo.

Shortly thereafter, I noticed that two bungies were pulling my pants up so tight, that I was getting a wedgie from my pants. That was a whole 'nother feeling I had to get used to. Then I started noticing my pants were disappearing. You are probably asking yourself, disappearing to where. If I may be subtle, they were disappearing to were the sun don't shine. At the end of the day, I started walking funny because my pant legs were up to my thighs. Also I was bundled tighter than bundled software. Then I started to become obsessed with the possibilty of my Treo disappearing to the same place my pants where disappearing into. I began asking myself all the what if's, what if the phone rang and I couldn't hear it, what if I couldn't have easy access to it and what if I had to enable wake up, how long would the battery last.

Then one day, a person walked up to me, and asked if I was related to the extreme left winger, Michael Moore. That was it, the situation became intolerable. The bungies had to go. I even thought about sending the Treo off to an early demise. I finally came to my senses and decided I could not expect the Treo to commit Treocide.

So there I was, back at square one. Droopy drawers and an excessive amount of exposed crackage. Soon I coined a name to the affliction, Treo Crackage Syndrome. In public, I would suffer in quite humiliation, with my head hung low. People even walked up to me from behind, tapping me on the shoulder saying, you poor man, let me buy you a cup of coffee because you look like you are suffering in quiet humiliation with all that exposed plumbers crack. I would turn to them and say, it is not plumbers crack, it is Treo Crackage Syndrome. It is caused by this excessively heavy Treo. Fortunately, all those kind people never realized my head was hung low to check the amount of pants droppage I had going at the time.

I soon started spending every awake hour I had, including some hours while I was sleeping, searching the net, researching everything, thinking, thinking, thinking and even did some soul searching into why this was happening. The whole exercise was for naught, I could find no reason for this affliction anywhere.

Then it hit me, could it be that simple, miracle of miracles, the Treo has a gravity bug. It seems the Treo increases the cause and effect of gravity in the vicinity of your pants when clipped to your pants. The cause, the Treo increases the pressure on gravity causing excessive pulling forces on your pants. The effect, Treo Crackage Syndrome, hense, the affliction. I further theorize, the excessive forces on gravity is exaserbated exponentially by the Treo user overloading the Treo with apps and files. It appears the gravity bug is irritated by all that data. The gravity bug gets bloated by the excessive data entries and causes the Treo to increase it gravitational forces on your pants.

It even got embarrassing to tuck my shirt in with my pants undone. I would loose my grip on my pants and as sure I sit here, they would drop to the floor. My embarrassment was further exasserbated if I had no skivies on at that particular moment.

And yes I still suffer, waiting in eager anticipation, hoping that Palmone would develope a patch for this gravity bug. I hope also that a developer may step up to the plate and develope a program, software, something, anything to fix this gravity bug.

In closing, let me put my cover on and salute you for being brave in announcing to the public your droopy drawers problem. You have helped me talk about this affliction. I feel invigerated now, somewhat liberated, the world is my oyster again. Thank You, Thank You

Your fellow Treo Crackage Syndrom sufferer........

Chuck
    Nice! But you left out a comma.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    Here's a new lanyard case. What kind of case are you currently using?
    Hey that 650 is wearing a thong. I thought this was a family freindly site

Then it hit me, could it be that simple, miracle of miracles, the Treo has a gravity bug. It seems the Treo increases the cause and effect of gravity in the vicinity of your pants when clipped to your pants. The cause, the Treo increases the pressure on gravity causing excessive pulling forces on your pants.
    There is no gravity:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=gravity
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Hey that 650 is wearing a thong. I thought this was a family freindly site
    That's why it's called the "Party Pouch."
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I would opt for an armband idea similar to this one here:

http://www.extremecase.com/proddetai...=4G%2DARM%2D01

Wear it under a tight tshirt and maybe people think you workout alot with one arm.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    Nice! But you left out a comma.
    Hey TLSG....

Thanks......Sorry about leaving a comma out. I have spell check on the Treo, but I wasn't fool enough to one thumb that out on it,,,,,,,,
    Woe is me,,,,,my PC let me down,,,,,,,It must be to light without spell check installed on it. My head is hanging low in quiet humiliation,,,,,,,,,,I left a few extra commas embedded above for you to place where you see fit.

chuck

PS.....Go ahead and abuse your authority
    Yup.....

Go to a truck stop and get a handfull of those really big black bungy cords They come in small, medium, large and SUPER DUTY.......

Hook one end to your belt loop in the back and bring the other end over your shoulder and hook to the belt loop in the front......

Use caution......The Treo gets heavier with each application you install. If the bungy breaks, it could slap you up side your head. If this happens, a move to the SUPER DUTY bungy would be prudent.....

Chuck
    Maybe a slap upside the head is in order...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast