1.    #1  
    Can someone explain to me why Blazer has settings for its cache but never uses it? It always goes online for my pages. That is one reason it is so dang slow. Xiino uses a cache and it is very very fast. What's going on here?

for example, I go to MSNBC.com. I read an article and then click back. It doesn't just load the page from cache, the orange light comes on and then it says "sending" and then "receiving", and finally it draws the page.

Why???
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I feel your pain. A browser with the display ability of Blazer, the speed ad cache of Xiino, and the background operation of Chattermail/Verichat, would dominate.
    I have noticed this too. But I have also noticed that SOME web pages are stored and others aren't. For instance I have the MSN Mobile Horoscope page stored in cache and I have to refresh it to get today's information. I wonder if it depends on the website?? I wish you could specify which pages you wanted to store ... that would be cool. I would store the ones I visit frequently (likeTC)...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13
    I feel your pain. A browser with the display ability of Blazer, the speed ad cache of Xiino, and the background operation of Chattermail/Verichat, would dominate.
    It is quite painful indeed! The Treo is so close to being an incredible device--and it's great as it is. But it is so hobbled by some bad software. Versamail crashes, Blazer won't use it's cache, phone volume is too low (can be fixed with with 3rd party app, but should we have to pay to hear ok???), etc., etc.

I don't understand why there aren't more posts on this Blazer bug. When you're in a hurry, this lack of caching is a real pain.
    I've been asking this same question forever!! The 300 never had this problem...why in the world have they not fixed this?
    It might be a requirement of the mobile companies. Here in the UK for example, unlimited GPRS usage doesn't exist - The more you surf the more it costs. Possibly the mobile companies want pages reloaded so that a user's GPRS bill can be maximised!
    I used to own the Sprint Treo 600 (upgraded to Sprint 650). It's one of many new "features" of the 650. With the 600, when you went back a page, it would put you back at the link you clicked (even with a link that was at the bottom of the page). Now, after the refresh (if Blazer chooses to refresh the page), it puts you back at the top.

I wish there was a setting or hack to change it.

I got my 650 late in the game, so I didn't have to deal with the extra slow speeds people complained about with the early ROMS... Any slower, and it would be really annoying.
  8.    #8  
    "Any slower, and it would be really annoying."

It's really annoying now! Any slower and it would be defective. This thing has a 400mhz processor (or something lik that) and it runs no faster than avantgo on my m515 with a full 10 times slower processor. And it has nothing to do with the network, the bottleneck is Blazer alone.
    Hear hear...blazer is soo close to perfection but stops just short. No handheld browser out there renders pages and html better than blazer.

BUT its so slow I bet I can type up the code for the page faster. I'm not sure this is and I do not know why this is something that has not been fixed. I recently used netfront on a sony clie - I thought blazer was netfronts cousin, but neyfront reenders much faster on a machine with less horsepower. I'm sticking with xiino and smaller fonts till blazer starts living up to its name.
    I wonder if we can sue for false advertisement
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik
    No handheld browser out there renders pages and html better than blazer.
    WebPro bests it easily and actually uses the cache. No 5-way support though.