1.    #1  
    okay i just ordered sprint voice/data plan with my new treo 650! im psyched.. anyways i havent been issued a # yet and i done the ordering online and already paid.. im wanting to transport over my current phone # to them..but however my current # is still in use... how do i go about doing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by NCspecV81
    okay i just ordered sprint voice/data plan with my new treo 650! im psyched.. anyways i havent been issued a # yet and i done the ordering online and already paid.. im wanting to transport over my current phone # to them..but however my current # is still in use... how do i go about doing this?
    Did you port your number? Sprint will handle this. I've never done this through the mail, but there's probably either a number you'll have to call, or they'll have you take it to a Sprint store in your area.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    how do you port your current cell phone # thats current assigned to a different carrier?
    You'll need to contact your new carrier (Sprint?) and tell them you want to port your old number. Like I said, I don't know how this works through mail order, whether you can call Sprint (since you've already order it) and do it over the phone, or if it needs to be done at a store. Do not cancel your service with your other carrier until afterwards though. They (Sprint) will need to validate that number as being yours.

Also it will take some time. It can be anywhere from a few hours to a few days. And you may even have a period where incoming calls will go to the old phone, even though you can call out with the new one.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    hey thanks..i already contacted sprint via email and plan on contacting monday. i havent canceled service as of yet.
    Don't cancel service with your current provider. Call Sprint or go to an official Sprint store and they will do the port for you. At least that is what I had to do when I switched from Verizon to Cingular. If you cancel the account first, then you won't be able to port the number.

it will be faster if you actually talk to a "real" person on the phone or face to face as they do it right away. Doing it online may take longer and then you have ot worry about whether things went smoothly.
    Go to the store. It will take 4-8 hours. Sprint will have the other service cancelled once the number is ported with your authorization. I tried it over the phone once too... needless to say, we all know about phone support... it took 4 days to port my number!
  8.    #8  
    do you know if i can port my current cell phone # to my new service IF my new service is in a different area code?