1.    #1  
    I read somewhere on the board here that you could move Exel files to the SD card and read them with Docs to Go. I don't want to Hot Sync them as I am having a problem with hot syncing via Missing Sync and I want to see if I can move files directly to the SD card.

TIA

d
    If you're using just about any 3rd party launcher, they will allow you to move programs and all associated files to the card. Also, Docs2Go has a feature that allows you to move the file from within the program to the other medium...if it's on the Treo, move to card and vice versa.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
  3.    #3  
    I am not talking about moving the app from treo to card I am talking about moving native exel files for my computer to a mounted sd card. If I do this then docs to go doesn't see the files so I can open them. Are they converted somhow during a "regular" sync?

d
    You can copy the files directly, using a card reader or Softick's Card Export (which makes the Treo behave like a SD crd reader).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by rahenkamp
    I am not talking about moving the app from treo to card I am talking about moving native exel files for my computer to a mounted sd card. If I do this then docs to go doesn't see the files so I can open them. Are they converted somhow during a "regular" sync?

d

Just use a card reader or cardexport to copy the excel files to the /Documents folder on your card. Then open DTG and select "search for new files" from the menu and the excel file should show up...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Just use a card reader or cardexport to copy the excel files to the /Documents folder on your card. Then open DTG and select "search for new files" from the menu and the excel file should show up...

This is what I have been doing... I move it first to the root level of the card and that didn't work and then I used Filez to move the file to card root/palm/programs/DXTG/ and DTG is not listing the file I moved over in either location. Any idea as to what might be wrong?

d
    Quote Originally Posted by rahenkamp
    This is what I have been doing... I move it first to the root level of the card and that didn't work and then I used Filez to move the file to card root/palm/programs/DXTG/ and DTG is not listing the file I moved over in either location. Any idea as to what might be wrong?

d

No, not the /palm/programs/DXTG folder but the '/Documents folder! When I sync files via DTG desktop conduit, the native files types always go there...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Do you have "Always search for supported files when opening DTG" checked off in the Preferences?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Do you have "Always search for supported files when opening DTG" checked off in the Preferences?

That was it... works now. Thanks!!!

d