Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

    I just got an SD card for my Treo 650, and I could really use help in figuring out what I can store on it as a default (e.g., camera pictures, Document to Go documents, etc.). Also, what is the best application to allow me to offload as much stuff to the SD Card (I got a 1GB) as possible.

    Right now I have in addition to the standard SprintPCS apps:
    Sprint BizConn
    PocketQuicken
    Verichat
    Avantgo
    KeySuite
    Password Plus
    Flight Status
    ButtonsEx
    TimeCopy -- internet time sync, as use network time messes up schedules if you travel -- no timezone information passed

    And I'm planning on adding:
    Directory Assistance
    IBM's JVM
    Kmaps
    Power48 -- HP 48 calculator emulator
    AA Flight Schedule
    UAL Flight Schedule
    Profiles
    Uninstall Manager -- I'm going to rebuild everything

    TIA,

    RocketDude
  2. mk3013's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #2  
    I think most people recommend FileZ.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3013
    I think most people recommend FileZ.
    I would recommend FileZ too, but it really has nothing to do with his question.

    You can default save your pics to SD card. When you run your picture browser, you should see some icons in the upper right corner. If you select the Card icon, and exit out, all your photos will now be saved to card. However a soft reset will default back to internal memory. (As would selecting the ROM icon)

    Docs to Go has a tool specifically for moving its files. You can dowload the Tech Tool here:
    http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?docid=13395

    As to running other apps, you'll want either PowerRUN or ZLauncher.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4. #4  
    Flight Status, Directory Assistant, Kmaps (not Java) can be installed on the card.

    Anything that works constantly in the background (like keycaps, butler, profilecare, volumecare) or needs to be hotsynced cannot be on the card without the use of a launcher luke zlauncher or powerrun that swap the application into RAM when needed.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDude
    Right now I have in addition to the standard SprintPCS apps:
    Sprint BizConn
    PocketQuicken
    Verichat
    Avantgo
    KeySuite

    Password Plus
    Flight Status
    ButtonsEx
    TimeCopy -- internet time sync, as use network time messes up schedules if you travel -- no timezone information passed

    And I'm planning on adding:
    Directory Assistance
    IBM's JVM
    Kmaps
    Power48 -- HP 48 calculator emulator
    AA Flight Schedule
    UAL Flight Schedule
    Profiles
    Uninstall Manager -- I'm going to rebuild everything

    TIA,

    RocketDude
    This should have been the very first app installed.
    I understand it makes things MUCH easier if you need to hard reset for any reason.


    Pretty productive list though.

    Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

    I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self
    .



  6. #6  
    Dude obviously doesn't spend much time in one place, judging from those apps.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7. #7  
    i read some where that if the program needs to use alarms then it has to be in the main memory
    treo 650 + SanDisk Ultra II 2GB
    in the process of selling the treo 650 and buying Qtek 9100.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by msafi
    i read some where that if the program needs to use alarms then it has to be in the main memory
    Good advice and correct

    That's about the size of it.

    I like power run. It makes a directory on your card for each app it moves over, which makes it easy to follow what bits have been moved.

    I know Launcher X and Z Launcher can do it, but for the low cost I still think power run is a good app.

    ps I'm a LauncherX user, but still use power run to move apps over
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDude
    Hi,

    I just got an SD card for my Treo 650, and I could really use help in figuring out what I can store on it as a default (e.g., camera pictures, Document to Go documents, etc.). Also, what is the best application to allow me to offload as much stuff to the SD Card (I got a 1GB) as possible.

    Right now I have in addition to the standard SprintPCS apps:
    Sprint BizConn
    PocketQuicken
    Verichat
    Avantgo
    KeySuite
    Password Plus
    Flight Status
    ButtonsEx
    TimeCopy -- internet time sync, as use network time messes up schedules if you travel -- no timezone information passed

    And I'm planning on adding:
    Directory Assistance
    IBM's JVM
    Kmaps
    Power48 -- HP 48 calculator emulator
    AA Flight Schedule
    UAL Flight Schedule
    Profiles
    Uninstall Manager -- I'm going to rebuild everything

    TIA,

    RocketDude

    I recommend a mem manager app like powerrun/zlauncher etc to move apps to card. Of all the apps you listed, these should remain in ram:

    Uninstall manager - 1st app that should be installed
    Verichat - does not work from the card (but you can move to save space)
    ButtonEx - needs to be mem resident to work
    Profiles - again needs to be mem resident to work
    IBM JVM - mem resident, but can manually move to card/ram for space

    Also, any clocks/alarms etc need to be in ram...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  10. #10  
    I am new here and just learn a lot. Also just got my new treo 650.

Posting Permissions