Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    I use Butler 3.18 to enable the Phone Favourite button shortcuts to work from anywhere.

    The shortcuts don't work when I'm in 4cast 1.64 (001). For example, if I press and hold K, which normally would launch KeyShadesLight, in 4cast, it does nothing. Until I release the key, in which case, it exits 4cast, goes to the Applications launcher, and selects the application starting with letter K.

    I also use doomsey's Keycaps600.

    There is something different about 4cast because the Butler feature works from almost anywhere else.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I use Butler 3.18 to enable the Phone Favourite button shortcuts to work from anywhere.

    The shortcuts don't work when I'm in 4cast 1.64 (001). For example, if I press and hold K, which normally would launch KeyShadesLight, in 4cast, it does nothing. Until I release the key, in which case, it exits 4cast, goes to the Applications launcher, and selects the application starting with letter K.

    I also use doomsey's Keycaps600.

    There is something different about 4cast because the Butler feature works from almost anywhere else.
    Hi,

    Just installed Butler, tried it, and it seems to work - K does launch the application assigned to it in favourites.

    Strange.

    Rob (Hobbyistsoftware) - can you try this ?
    Maybe I am missing something ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  3.    #3  
    It has to do with (doomsey's) keycaps600 (ver. 0.9b8) as well. If I disable keycaps600, then the keys work for launching from 4cast screen.

    My Keycaps600 setting:

    Click: Lower: e
    Timeout: 300 ms
    Hold: L->U->O: e->E->1
    Delay: 300 ms

    Repeat rate:14/s
    Repeat Delay: 300 ms

    In the Keycaps setting in Butler, I ignore 1 repeat
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    It has to do with (doomsey's) keycaps600 (ver. 0.9b8) as well. If I disable keycaps600, then the keys work for launching from 4cast screen.

    My Keycaps600 setting:

    Click: Lower: e
    Timeout: 300 ms
    Hold: L->U->O: e->E->1
    Delay: 300 ms

    Repeat rate:14/s
    Repeat Delay: 300 ms

    In the Keycaps setting in Butler, I ignore 1 repeat
    Where do I get (doomsey's) keycaps600 (ver. 0.9b8) ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  5. #5  
    here it is.

    i think if you raise or lower the repeat rate this may fix it. not sure, just guessing
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

    Palm Pre (Sprint)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Where do I get (doomsey's) keycaps600 (ver. 0.9b8) ?
    http://shrug.csl.uiuc.edu/~sachs/palm/
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    here it is.

    i think if you raise or lower the repeat rate this may fix it. not sure, just guessing
    Waaah! I don't want to reduce the repeat rate. It's one of the good things about keycaps600.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A

Posting Permissions