1.    #1  
    A general question for Treo 650 users related to BT quality.

I'm on my 4th BT headset now and still not happy with the quality I'm seeing with 650's BT connection. I'm wondering if there's any relationship between 650's H/W rev and the BT quality.

I just got mine few weeks ago and the Phone info states that it is H/W rev "A".
    I'm on the Sprint service.

I'm curious if those folks that are extremely happy with the BT connection, particularly on their headset, are on a later H/W rev.

What hardware rev is your 650 and how happy are you with your BT?

DP
    I've got Hardware version A on VZW and was very dissapointed with the BT quality/strength. if my 650 was in it's case, pocket, or more than a few feet away, the static was terrible. When I returned the Moto BT hedset, the rep tried it with his Moto phone and it worked fine.
    Just my experience thus far.
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
  3.    #3  
    I've tried Moto 850, Jabra 250v and Jabra BT800 headsets. Jabras were terrible. A lot of static. Moto 850 was best of the bunch but still mediocre in sound quality compared to a wired headset. I returned all 3.

Now I'm testing another set of 3 starting with Scala 500, then Logitech Freedom, and lastly the Treo BT headset. Scala's handsfree mode is convenient but still lacking in audio quality.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I have had almost all blue tooth headsets and tried with treo. each one had its own fatal flaw. i have found the end all best BT headet bar none. Its the Sony 662. it does everthing well. clarity is better than using a hand set. it connects everytime and never fails. im surprised there arent rave reviews on this thing. its not avail yet in USA, so youll have to buy off ebay.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Here are quick review of all headsets ive tries with Treo.
    1) Treo headset; callers claim distant sound, sometimes does not link when picking up call,
    2) Tekkeon; can get too loud and not clear sounding like 850, callers claim to hear me very well though. does not link up on every call consistantly. good range.
    3) Motoroal 850. callers say distant sound however i can hear callers very clearly, will not link to phone unless you push button on headset, ok range.
    4) Scala 500. callers claim sounds breaks up often, poor range, poor speaker quality , not useable.
    5) Logitech, perfomed exactly like scala 500.
    6) Sony 662. Perfect sound all around, links everytime without fail. light weight, good fit and finish, one of the best BT headsets ive used. there is no need to buy another.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmm208
    Here are quick review of all headsets ive tries with Treo.
    1) Treo headset; callers claim distant sound, sometimes does not link when picking up call,
    6) Sony 662. Perfect sound all around, links everytime without fail. light weight, good fit and finish, one of the best BT headsets ive used. there is no need to buy another.
    I have the Treo headset and have tried the Sony 608. The Treo had better range and therefore a little less static. No one mentioned any problems with the voice quality of either and they both sound good to me. I prefer the look and fit of the Sony. However, one of the biggest benefits of the Treo comes in functionality. I often get calls when on the phone and being able to switch over (call waiting) by holding the button down is a boon. Also, the very tiny call pickup button on the Sony can be hard to find. Can the 662 do call waiting? Is it's action button a decent size?
    My solution: Wired Headset.

Sad, but the only solution. Since the Treo is a weak and poor implementation of 1.1, we are out of luck.

Hopefully the 670, 700, whatever, has 1.2 or even 2.0. We could only be so lucky.
    Does the 662 support Treo's caller ID?
    The battery life of the 662 is about 5 hours or so and erratic at that. Sometimes it lasts a full day, often half a day. The Motorola HS850 lasts all day. Ben
    I am a Sprint Treo 650 user and prior to the 1.12 ROM update I hated the blue tooth headset connection so much that I abandoned it and went to a wired headset. I had the voice quality problems on both ends, the volume was inadequate and I often encountered static whenever I got the 650 more than a couple of feet away from the headset. However, since the 1.12 ROM update I have found the blue tooth connection to be MUCH improved. The voice quality and volume problems seems to be completely fixed and the range related static is much better. So, if you are a Sprint user that hasn't upgraded to the 1.12 ROM then I would definitely do that since it appeared to have solved my bluetooth issues.

FYI,

Gordon
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon_Dickens
    I am a Sprint Treo 650 user and prior to the 1.12 ROM update I hated the blue tooth headset connection so much that I abandoned it and went to a wired headset. I had the voice quality problems on both ends, the volume was inadequate and I often encountered static whenever I got the 650 more than a couple of feet away from the headset. However, since the 1.12 ROM update I have found the blue tooth connection to be MUCH improved. The voice quality and volume problems seems to be completely fixed and the range related static is much better. So, if you are a Sprint user that hasn't upgraded to the 1.12 ROM then I would definitely do that since it appeared to have solved my bluetooth issues.

So what BT headset are you using post 1.12 upgrade?
  12. mfp
    I've tried the Jabra 250V and the Treo. I have no connection problems with either but I can barely hear a thing. The Jabra is a bit louder but there's more static. Looks like I'm gonna have to try the Sony but if that isn't any better, then I don't wanna play anymore!

Hardware Rev A, 1.13 ROW, 1.31SW

FWIW... my volume including Bluetooth was fine with 1.03 CNB (or was it 1.08?) - I'd be thrilled if I could get my phone back to that state!
    Quote Originally Posted by dpark
    So what BT headset are you using post 1.12 upgrade?
    The BT headset that I am using was invoiced to me as a PALM Bluetooth Wireless Headset, Item# 3182WW which appears to be a Jabra Freespeak 250. FWIW, my 650 and BT headset were one of the first Treo 650 shipments by Palm1 (November 26, 2004) so its gotta be the earliest H/W. Also, I am running a custom version of 1.12 that I hacked but which should not have had any effect on the BT transmission.
    FYI,

Gordon
    I have tried around 10 headsets too. The main problem was not enough volume & not autoconnecting or taking too long. There were only a few that had decent volume & autoconnected in a decent amount of time. The Sony/ Ericsson HBH 660 , 602 & the Logitech Mobile FREEDOM. Out of the three, the Logitech was most comfortable. It is loud as well. The problem is the poor quality of the Treo's bluetooth. There are just a few though that circumvent this problem. Also there were two new headsets that arrived at the Treo store today. A Motorola HS xxx & a Jabra. There are no reviews on these so they may be worth a try...
    I have the moto hs810...i think it is. callers cannot hear me, nor low...not at all, and it crashes treo when I use the action button.