1.    #1  
    In the quest for an even browser for the Treo, I was wondering if anyone had successfully gotten Netfront3 extracted from a Sony Clie to work on the Treo 650?!

Obviously Blazer 4.0 is itself based on the netfront core, but I find the implementation of netfront on the Clie much more appealing especially as it relates to way it renders pages etc. In other forums, users have reported that they have gotten Netfront3 to work on devices like the Tungsten 3 etc. They have done this either in a combination using an app called MakeClie and netfront or via a patched version of netfront itself...

In my testing, when installing the patched Netfront3 files on the 650, it just causes the Treo to reset. However in combination with UDMH, I have gotten Netfront to NOT reset, but it then just hangs on loading and gives a "not enough ram" error...

Does anyone else know of any additional steps that overcome this? I really want to get netfront3 to work on the 650 as it is imo one of the best browsers out there for palmos...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  2.    #2  
    Alternatively, has anyone tried to use MakeTungsten to make Webpro 3.5 work on the 650? Hmm...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    yeah i tried the makeclie/netfront3 thing and in combination with udmh all i've recieved is the "not enough memory" error as well,this would be great if someone could make it work.....we got opera(somewhat anyway) now netfront would be perfect.....anyone have suggestions??