1.    #1  
    Just a quick question with the licensing of Tom Tom. I realize it is licensed to the device id. So if I upgrade can I just use the same device id and use the same license and activation code? I am thinking of getting another device, probably somesort of cheap zire for my GPS in the car so I can just leave it in the car set-up at all times. I would sync it using the same hotsync ID as my treo but I would not use Tom tom on my treo any longer.
    This was discussed in another thread - apparently you get TWO installations per purchase. Contact TomTom for getting the second license.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    .. and the activation requests must be a week apart.
    I got an email about this same question, or nearly the same. If I have my device replaced do to accident or something they listed about 5 things I had to send to them to get another code for the new device.

Yes, you do get two codes. Can't use the second until after 1 week of activating the first. But, then you have to jump through the hoops to get one replaced if needed.
    I received a replaced T650 and called the U.S. support number, faxed them my Cingular packing slip showing it was an RMA order, and I had a new activation code within 20 minutes. Not a big deal at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanc2
    I received a replaced T650 and called the U.S. support number, faxed them my Cingular packing slip showing it was an RMA order, and I had a new activation code within 20 minutes. Not a big deal at all.
    That is good new to hear. I based my last statement on an email they sent me. I guess they just wanted to drive their policy home.
    They are more concerned that you aren't reselling their software. You can install on any device YOU (as a purchaser of TT) want. All you have to do is provide proof of purchase of both the device and TT and they will send you a new product code.

I have been extremely impressed with their U.S. customer service ( I think I have you to thank for in posting their info on this forum!)