1.    #1  
    Gosh, after having the 650 for a few months ago with a 1 gb card, and being a little sloppy, I've got a ton of pics that I really need to organize.

However, by going into Media and seeing the pics in various 'Albums' on both the unit and card, and starting off, this is turning into quite a daunting task!

Just to select each pic to manually delete one by one is extremely slow. I did read in the book about using the Organize function, but once you select or deselect, there's no option to group delete. Seems you only unassign the pic from an album and render them unassigned. What good is that?

Any one have any tips on efficiently managing pics? So far, all I can figure is to copy everything to the card and then deal with the card on a PC for groups deletes and such.

Stumpped!
    Last edited by mrmagloo; 08/19/2005 at 11:18 AM.
    SplashPhoto works great for me. Much much faster than the palm viewer app.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the $30 software idea, but let me rephrase:

Any one have any FREE tips on efficiently managing pics?
    What exactly are you trying to do? Do you want to do all this on the Treo, or through Palm Desktop??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    I don't know but I've searched here a number of ways and really didn't find anything on the subject. The manual is, well, terrible.

Soooo, ideally, it would be nice to share some ideas of how to efficiently manage pics - from the unit itself.

Certainly, this is quite easy on a PC, but on the unit itself, you would think there'd be an easier way. At the rate of perhaps 2 pic's a minute to view and delete, doing a bunch of pics could take you all day!
    I found splashphoto to be worth the money since the builtin viewer was so slow.

But one tip would be to switch to the detailed list view since loading the thumbnails takes so long.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks Nix, I will check the demo on that. Picutre, not being a major focus for the phone, it's hard to justify spending $30 just to quickly delete photos, but....

On the tip of switching to detailed view, that does work well for the first pic, but after the first delete, in order to select another pic, it does the entire expansion routine exactly like the thumbs view. Too bad you can't simply click on a pic to select it, and preferrably more than one, so that you can move or delete a group.

Thx!
    Last edited by mrmagloo; 08/19/2005 at 03:18 PM.
    You can highlight more than one, and click delete

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You can highlight more than one, and click delete
    How? The second I touch any pic - or it's description in detailed view, it opens full screen. When I hit the center button, it goes back to the detailed view with the last file highlighted, but how do you add to the selected files? Do you depress a secondary button? Also, you only see 3 at a time. Are you saying that you can select more than 3 by scrolling too? Thx!
    When you first open your viewer, nothing should be highlighted. (If a picture is, try switching between card or internal, or albums) Hit the Menu button and select Delete. It will take you to a screen that says "tap to delete" You can select one, two...etc, even has a select all button.

The Copy To function, as well as Beam will do this as well.

12.    #12  
    Oh my - That's EXACTLY what the doctor ordered! I guess I wasn't very clear up front, but this perfect! Thanks alot!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmagloo
    Oh my - That's EXACTLY what the doctor ordered! I guess I wasn't very clear up front, but this perfect! Thanks alot!
    You're welcome. That's why I asked originally, what you were trying to do. Sorry it took so long to find you again.

FYI, you don't have to delete via the media viewer which can be excrutiatingly slow! Just use something like Filez etc to delete and move pics around on the card. It alot easier that way...

Also, as far as viewers go, I truely recommend Resco Viewer which IMO is by far the best viewer for palmos...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    FYI, you don't have to delete via the media viewer which can be excrutiatingly slow! Just use something like Filez etc to delete and move pics around on the card. It alot easier that way...

Also, as far as viewers go, I truely recommend Resco Viewer which IMO is by far the best viewer for palmos...
    I would suggest FileZ as well, but if you have pix from your treo camera, all those generic numbering files can get confusing at times unless you can actually see them.

I'd go with Splashphoto also, yes a bit costly. Get the demo, then search around, its always on sale on different app sites. Or maybe get it as a bundle? I think even Snappermail offers a discount.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I'd recommend both Resco products over the ones just mentioned; Explorer and Viewer are the best at what they do.