1.    #1  
    I have searched the forum and didn't see anything on this. On my old Palm I used Datebook3 (which gave me a way to duplicate a calendar entry) but I want to stay with the standard datebook on the Treo. Is there a way to duplicate a calendar entry and then just go in and modify it, rather than start out from scratch? In the contact application there is a "T" shortcut to duplicate a contact but there doesn't seem to be anything like this for calendar entries.

Is there a shortcut, other than "Select All", then "Copy", and then "Paste"?
    -----> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (aka SLYDoggie)
    I have often used the repeat function for this. I have the appointment repeat for 5 Mondays (or whatever) and then I erase the one I don't want and/or move one of the future ones to a different day and time if that is necessary. . . . .
    Not a great answer - but do it on your desktop. Works great in Outlook I haven't used the Palm Desktop in awhile though.
    It costs money, but Datebk5 has this feature. Not a great answer, but it's a very powerful program and worth the money.

-Chris
  5.    #5  
    [QUOTE=chrisdeckard]It costs money, but Datebk5 has this feature. Not a great answer, but it's a very powerful program and worth the money.

-Chris[/QUOTE

Yes, I used Datebook3 but never upgraded to any of the later versions. I used the "Duplicate Appointment" function a lot but just always assumed that it was a function of the palm, not the application. I really don't want to buy a calendar application just to get this one function. I am happy with the rest of the built-in datebook application.
  6.    #6  
    Well, I'm hoping that the magic answer is still out there somewhere and just hasn't been posted. Not too thrilled about the answers so far. As for the repeating entry suggestion... that is a lot of steps... you have to create the repeating entry, then you have to "break" the repeat, then you have to move the entry.

There has to be a simpler way to do this. I really don't understand why there is a built in "duplicate entry" function in the address book but not the calendar.
    Here is an easy way. At least I think so.
    Select the appointment.
    Press menu
    Select duplicate the item
    Change the date

Done!
    Last edited by october; 08/20/2005 at 07:40 AM. Reason: speling
    Where are you seeing "Duplicate the item"? You must be using a 3rd party application, not the stock Calendar that comes with the Treo 650.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Where are you seeing "Duplicate the item"? You must be using a 3rd party application, not the stock Calendar that comes with the Treo 650.
    I agree... that's the whole problem. The base datebook application doesn't give you the ability to "duplicate the item".
    Sorry I'm behind the times I was looking at the application (stock) on the 600!
  11.    #11  
    Well, it looks like the consensus is that there is no way to do this with the standard Palm datebook application. That's a disappointment but I guess I'll just live with it.