1.    #1  
    Be kind I am new to this Treo PDA thing. I desperately need to access a banking website when I travel. I thought getting a PDA smart phone Treo 650 Sprint CDMA would be a easier answer then lugging around a laptop I really don't have any other use for.

The unit works well with the Blazer browser accepting for the one key website I need. The site requires IE5 and 128K encryption. Blazer has the encryption and I can login into the site...I however do not get any functionlity
    ie. no pull down menus work I cannot view my accounts etc. The bank tech guys says if your not using IE5 he can't help. There must be some other software solution somewhere, I can't be the only one with this issue. Please help.

Dave

ps. I tried WebToGo from a suggestion by TreoCentral, it did not work...it really doesn't support the 650 yet according to webtogo tech support.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    What bank.
    Also, give me your accont number and illl see what I can do

Seriously though, it does help to know the bank. I use Wachovia (failry large on the east coast) and have no problems. YOu may also want to try the new opra mini browser out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron C
    What bank.
    Also, give me your accont number and illl see what I can do

Seriously though, it does help to know the bank. I use Wachovia (failry large on the east coast) and have no problems. YOu may also want to try the new opra mini browser out there.
    The Opera site says Opera Mini is only available in Norway. You got me excited for a minute. I have been a long time Opera user and would love to see it on my 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoBeard
    The Opera site says Opera Mini is only available in Norway. You got me excited for a minute. I have been a long time Opera user and would love to see it on my 650.
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...ra_Mini_-_HiFi

Or is this something different?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    nope, that the one. I use it, and I am not in Norway. ALso, I still havent received your account number so I can hack, I mean check on your account over a Treo!
    My bank had the same problem an then one day I checked and it worked. So patience is the key. As more people get "smart" phones, these sites will adapt (forced by customer requests) to mobile browsers.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the comments guys...Not to worry I will post all the account numbers, routing codes, password, login ID's etc. on my next post just stay tuned...oh yeah an the checks in the mail to you too.

Seriously, spoke again at length with the bank and it would seem they recognize their current web solution is not PDA friendly...they are supposedly reviewing other solutions but it will be at least 3rd qtr of 06 until that new solution is active...I can't wait that long.

These are commercial cash mgt accounts that need my attention (not just simply my personal checking so the site security and solutions must be more complex) when travelling to ensure equal liquidity etc. I will check into the Opera Browser, I also recieved another suggestion of webpro 3.0 "patched" as being another solution to try...any comments on either?
    If nothing works then I may have just made a premature decision on the Treo and will have to continue dragging around my laptop.
    Dave

ps. anyone know if things might be different on a Wi-Fi connection vs. cellular?

pps. for anyone who is really savvy and dishonest...the IP address and computer I am working from here is at home and has no information whatsoever in regards to this banking issue...so don't waste your time.
    I used to be able to access Wells Fargo from my 600 but with the upgrade to the 650 I haven't been able to get in - not a high priority so I haven't spent any time on it - good to see I'm not alone and may now try to find a solution......
    Also see here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=opera

Quote Originally Posted by TreoBeard

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

I tried Opera mini yesterday and it was just too annoying to get to any web site to be useful. You have to search on google to find the site and then click to get to it. It is fast because it uses a proxy that severly degrades the quality of any picture through excessive compression. It also requires you install IBM Java and that takes up a lot of space.

Today tried WebPRo 3.01a or something like that. I works but as soon as I tried something else it would just put a white screen on the phone and I had to do a soft reset. I've since removed Opera, Java and WebPro. I still need to try Xiino to see if it is a good alternative to Blazer.

I don't know if any of these help your particular issue but I certainly won't be using them due to the issues they surface. I used to like to be on the bleeding edge but now I won't use something that works at least most of the time and requires few if any workarounds to get things done. I am willing to try anything and even tweak things a bit, but have no patience when it doesn't work within a few tries.
    I cannot get access to either or my accounts - including Wells Fargo. It may be a WAP security thing or something.

Greg
    Does anyone know if there is a browser that let's one access their Wellsfargo acount?

I have tried so far:

Avantgo v.5.7
    Blazer v.4.3.2.1
    Eudora v2.1
    OperaMini v.1.0.1479
    Picsel v.1.0.3
    Pocketlink v.2.56c.
    WebPro v.3.0
    Xiino v.3.4.1E
    Are you using documents to go 8.0? I upgraded from 7.0 and I noticed I could no longer get to WAP pages which was how my banking was set up. As soon as I rolled back to 7.0 all the banking came back. I returned 8.0 and informed them of the bug.
    to help out with faster login to Wachovia Bank. Just implemented 9/14/06:

wachovia.com/mobile
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    Quote Originally Posted by dlewis View Post
    pps. for anyone who is really savvy and dishonest...the IP address and computer I am working from here is at home and has no information whatsoever in regards to this banking issue...so don't waste your time.
    Seriously, chill. It would help to know the name of the bank (not the routing number, not the account number, not your user name, not your password), simply because we can tell you whether we've had experience using that particular bank on the pda, in which case you'd be able to figure out whether it's a software issue, hardware issue, etc..
    Webviewer browser will likely work for you. There's a menu setting that allows it to fool websites into thinking it's really "Internet Explorer". I have Wells Fargo Bank and only Webviewer will work with it. I had tried Opera, webpro, blazer, Xino, only Webviewer works. Problem is that webviewer need java to be installed on your phone.

Nathan
    Quote Originally Posted by nswenson View Post
    Webviewer browser will likely work for you. There's a menu setting that allows it to fool websites into thinking it's really "Internet Explorer". I have Wells Fargo Bank and only Webviewer will work with it. I had tried Opera, webpro, blazer, Xino, only Webviewer works. Problem is that webviewer need java to be installed on your phone.

Nathan
    So where do you get Webviewer? The Reqwireless.com support website states "Reqwireless WebViewer, EmailViewer, HotViewer, and GotMailViewer are no longer available for purchase."
    Fidelity is now accessible directly from the new Palm Mobile homepage. Commerce Bank now works with Blazer over a secure connection. It also works with the new Opera browser but you get a warning that the connection is not secure.
    Any solution for Bank Of America customers? I can use Blazer with their regular website, but it's pretty ugly&frustrating.