1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to view pics and ads that are in emails that are not part of attachments? They appear as small x's and there seems to be no way to open them.

Any help would be great, thanks!
    What do you have your kb limit set at per email? This sounds like the items were left out but marked as having been in the email with the "x" marks the spot.

If you are using VersaMail:

from within an email account:
    press menu
    options
    preferences
    delivery options
    maximum message size:
    you may want to check download attachments, as well.

did this do it?

Cheers, Perry.
  3.    #3  
    I have had it set at 75KB...is that enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZTreo
    I have had it set at 75KB...is that enough?
    Sounds like enough, but set it to 500kb for a test. You will have to redownload the original emails to do a valid test. If 500kb doesn't do it, then something else is amiss. If 500kb does solve the problem, then you will know what is the problem and can try various kb levels to optimize display vs. free space.
  5.    #5  
    Hello, I set the maximum message to 500KB and re-sent mail to myself, but the email is still full of x's. What else might it be?
    (I'm assuming the copy you re-sent had pictures and not x's.)

I am stumped. The x's remind me of a slow load of graphics on a web screen on a PC.

Does Cingular strip graphics from emails? I will PM (private message) you my email address. If it is not private, send me the email with pictures from your PC and I will see what turns up on my Treo.

Cheers, Perry.
    I got the red X's, as well. A tap on one, sent me to a web site. . . .

Java applets?
    I believe there is a thread here somewhere on this, maybe with more detail, but the gist is that Versamail does not support downloading pictures. You might also check the versamail page on the palm website.
    I think Versamail supports only a subset of html commands. It will do bold fonts etc, but won't display embedded graphics, links...

This the x for items it didn't/won't download.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Searched on Versamail pictures - found this:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...amail+pictures
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I think Versamail supports only a subset of html commands. It will do bold fonts etc, but won't display embedded graphics, links...

This the x for items it didn't/won't download.
    Does that mean that I should set my messages to Text only instead of HTML? Or, do I have to download a 3rd party app?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by geneld
    I believe there is a thread here somewhere on this, maybe with more detail, but the gist is that Versamail does not support downloading pictures. You might also check the versamail page on the palm website.
    Would Snappermail or Chatter be better for viewing pics, then?
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZTreo
    Does that mean that I should set my messages to Text only instead of HTML? Or, do I have to download a 3rd party app?
    I'd leave it on html.

It wouldn't be any worse off than text mode (and show the text formatting).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A