1. Puk
    Are there any utilities out there to make the home button turn the power on (like phone, calendar, and mail do)? I often want to jump directly to my app launcher from power off, and that would let me do it. Thanks.

-puk
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I'd like it too, but it can't be done from what I understand. Something about the hardware.
    I doubt there is any kind of hardware limitation for this. For example app like HiLauncher can be assigned to the Home key as trigger buttons etc. Thus I imagine a dev could write an app to assign the Home button to toggle the screen (with long pause I assume)...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I doubt there is any kind of hardware limitation for this. For example app like HiLauncher can be assigned to the Home key as trigger buttons etc. Thus I imagine a dev could write an app to assign the Home button to toggle the screen (with long pause I assume)...
    Kinda like our power button (long delay).