1.    #1  
    Every since i have install ringo and I have custom mp3 songs, when I answer the phone its fine and then I have my conversation but after the conversation ends the phone always restarts inself..can anyone help me out with this..why is the phone constantly restarting itself after i get off the phone with a incoming call..
    Sounds like ringo is creating a corruption. . . . .

delete ringo from the Treo and also remove it from the backup folder on your PC so that it does not come back after a hot sync.
    Programs>palm>xxxx user id>backup

Do a soft reset on the Treo

Does the problem still exist?

If so, then you may have to do a hard reset:
    make sure ringo is gone from the Treo and the backup folder
    hot sync to back up all data
    hard reset
    Test to see if the problem is still there after the hard reset,
    then hot sync.

See if that works.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 08/18/2005 at 08:56 PM.
    Ringo was resetting my phone when it alerted me to new voicemail so I deleted it.
    I had a similar issue with both Ringo and Lightwav installed. It was the sound preferences being corrupted. If I changed all the tones for the phone (even if I changed then changed back to original tone) then it was fine. I have had this happen 3-4 times since I got my Treo.

YMMV
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

The same thing happened to me last week. I was pretty confusued about what happened because I was away from my phone when it reset the first time. What I figured out was that someone called and left a message; somewhere in this time, the (unlocked GSM) 650 reset. Then I would try to turn my phone on and everytime it got to the voicemail alert, the 650 would reset again. I deleted Ringo, soft reset, deleted the message from another phone and still could not get the phone to turn on without a reset.

I finally did a hard reset and had a heck of time clearing the voicemail icon. after several attempts of leaving myself a message and deleting it, the message icon went away. I restored my stuff but did not reload Ringo. I have had no major problems with my 650 and I was not too thrilled about what Ringo did to it.
    I had the same problem as well. Ringo would cause a reset everytime I missed a call and the voicemail notifier turned on. Uninstalled Ringo and all was well again.

The only way I'll re-install it is if this bug gets fixed AND they add the ringer mute functionality with the side volume buttons when ringing with an MP3. My flip-top case covers the front and top of the 650 but leaves the side volume buttons accessible. I very frequently mute the ringer using the side volume buttons.

-jeff
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone-Ike
    I had the same problem as well. Ringo would cause a reset everytime I missed a call and the voicemail notifier turned on. Uninstalled Ringo and all was well again.

The only way I'll re-install it is if this bug gets fixed AND they add the ringer mute functionality with the side volume buttons when ringing with an MP3. My flip-top case covers the front and top of the 650 but leaves the side volume buttons accessible. I very frequently mute the ringer using the side volume buttons.

-jeff
    Hello

I had a similar problem.

I decided to try one more time.

Now.. i have Ringo working the way it should (as far as .mp3 ringers) except for the fact that a deafening 500 millisecond loud clip of my .mp3 (chosen as the ringer) now blasts my ear when i say "thanks, bye" etc and the other party politely terminates the call before I do.

ouch

Thanks

Bye

Mike

ouch
    see?

Dump Ringo.. They've been trying for over six months to get it to work halfway right.. Last beta ('release') I tried of theirs jammed music into the ear of the caller for about 1/4th of a second. Something that always freaked them out. Or didn't ring... Or reset as soon as the call came in.. etc..

So far I don't think there are any mp3 ringers that work worth a damn.
    yes it sucks - keeps reseting when calls come in - they sent me a beta version (4.4) still buggy - argh!!
    Fred
    Cingular 680