1.    #1  
    When I turn off my BT Headset (Sony HBH-60) and try to use the phone normally it trys to turn on BT w/ every call incoming or outgoing. How do I stop this?
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Do you get a "Bluetooth is off, do you want to turn it on?" prompt and do you have BlueFang or an older version of ProfileCare installed? If yes, you've run into a latent bug in the BTmanager app. I would guess you had it on, had a soft reset, and that's when you started having the problem.

If yes to the above, you should be able to clear it by turning BT off and doing a soft reset. See http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=913 for more details.

HTH
  3.    #3  
    Thanks!

Yes, I have BlueFang. I also have ProfileCare, but it is the latest version.

Do I have to do this EVERYTIME I quit the headset??
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    If your headset is off, but Bluetooth is still enabled on your phone, you may have this issue. All you need to do is turn Bluetooth off on your phone.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    If your headset is off, but Bluetooth is still enabled on your phone, you may have this issue. All you need to do is turn Bluetooth off on your phone.
    Yes, I understand....but this is happening AFTER I turn off BT.

The requester says "BT is off, do you want to turn it on"
    If I simply say NO, it goes forward and dials or anwsers the phone.

The problem is, this prompt comes up EVERY time the phone rings or I dial a number.

BTW- A soft reset stoped the prompt, but as soon as I use the BT headset again it will come back.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    Yes, I understand....but this is happening AFTER I turn off BT.

The requester says "BT is off, do you want to turn it on"
    If I simply say NO, it goes forward and dials or anwsers the phone.

The problem is, this prompt comes up EVERY time the phone rings or I dial a number.

BTW- A soft reset stoped the prompt, but as soon as I use the BT headset again it will come back.
    Doh! Sorry, I misunderstood your question. This isn't an issue I have experienced so I won't be of any help.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    Thanks!

Yes, I have BlueFang. I also have ProfileCare, but it is the latest version.

Do I have to do this EVERYTIME I quit the headset??
    You shouldn't have to. First, unless I'm missing something, you can delete BlueFang off the phone and just use PC to control the BT radio - especially if you are using PC's UI-based BT control where it issues keystrokes to the Bluetooth (BTmanager.prc) app and you see the UI come, get set, and leave again.

The problem is not really with BlueFang itself, but apparently there is a bug that happens when BlueFang (or an older version of PC) uses the API to control the BT radio (which avoids showing you the Bluetooth UI) and, most importantly, you suffer a soft reset while the BT radio is on. From then on, you'll get the prompt.

To fix it, use the Bluetooth app to turn BT off (not BlueFang), and then do a soft reset. The problem won't come up unless you use BlueFang to turn on BT and then have a soft reset.
  8.    #8  
    ok, Im confused....but I'll do some tests.

I am using BlueFang to do the following:

1. When I select HOTSYNC, it turns on BT.....I sync...It turns off BT
    2. same thing for TomTom Navigator 5

I never have to touch BT....its all automatic.
    Is there somthing in PREFS that I am missing that will do this for me?
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Yea, I definitely understand why you like BlueFang - it would help automate the entire process. Unfortunately, if you want to continue using BlueFang, I don't think there is a way right now to avoid/fix the problem. I'll try to explain below.

Sorry if I confused you, but it was a tricky bugger to find. This is the key sequence:
    1. BlueFang controls the BT radio (on, or I think, off)
    2. A soft reset happens (intentionally or otherwise)

The condition should clear if you use the built-in Bluetooth app to turn off the radio. After you do a soft reset, you'll be back to normal. At least until steps 1 and 2 happen again. Given how often Treos do a soft reset, it's fairly easy for #2 to happen.

For some reason, after you use BlueFang, some setting gets changed so that after the soft reset, you are prompted for whether or not to turn on the radio (similar to the Phone app's "The phone is off, do you want to turn it on?" prompt). From what I've read, there isn't a documented standard API for apps to use to control the radio, so the BlueFang developer figured how to do it some other (perhaps non-standard way). Because of that, there is something that doesn't get initialized right. It's almost as if the Bluetooth (BTmanager.prc) app has that option buried inside and somehow BlueFang is accidentally setting it to "prompt each time". Unfortunately, there isn't a prefs option anywhere, so once it's set, it's locked in and will start happening after the next soft reset.

I've emailed the developer who had had a few reports of it on diff Palm devices, but never figured out how to duplicate the problem. He didn't say whether or not he was going to try and fix it.

If this is still confusing, IM me.