Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I finally found a stable alternative to Verichat. It isn't as robust but does the trick and doesn't constantly cause my phone to reset. It's called Chatopus and it is a jabber client. Jabber supports all other protocals through there network.

I would like to know if there is anyone using Verichat with no resets. Since I have deleted it from my treo, I have had zero resets. Before that I would get random resets at no particular time but pretty consistently, unless I had Verichat turned off.

It pisses me off that PDAapps neglects figuring out why it is not stable on the 650. It is a great app but not worth dealing with constant resets! Marc Blank please buy it from PDAapps and make it as stable as chatter!
    I also stopped using VeriChat (after my second year of ownership). I couldn't deal with the resets and also the battery drainage and active data usage (missing calls) on the CDMA network. I now only log on to Toccer when I need to initiate an AIM conversation.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Out of curiosity which server and protocols do you use in Chatopus? I have been checking it out recently...

Thanks,
    Keith
    I'm using VeriChat 2.84b. Works well, with the occasional crash when a message comes in via SMS and I don't respond fast enough.
    could Verichat be causing Palm Traffic to reset? Recently added Traffic and it resets like crazy when trying to refresh - I have VC 2.84b installed.
    Fred
    Cingular 680