Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. crp
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Marc...

You have peaked MY curiosity with this one
    Piqued even.
    Sprint Treo 755p, 650. Before that: Treo 600, 300, Pilot & Palm Pilot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    jeff248 - Something like that...

Marc
    Marc-

Whatever you're working on is obviously in the planning stage and you probably won't reveal too much - however, I've gotta ask:

Is it safe to assume that whatever OWA-type connectivity you're considering will be centered around e-mail (as opposed to other PIM data)?

Pete
    Email. Have you tried NexChange for PIM's?
    Yes, but I found it to be too "beta" for real-world use. I'm using Intellisync Wireless Express which is only OK - but at least stable and I can hack things that don't quite work the way I want. I'd prefer NexChange in principal because of how it works - if it were a bit more mature.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by crp
    Piqued even.
    Touche'
  6. crp
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Touche'
    Sprint Treo 755p, 650. Before that: Treo 600, 300, Pilot & Palm Pilot.
    I would go back to chatter in a second if it could link into OWA for e-mail.
    Marc,

OWA? Wow, that would be huge? I know it is somewhat different but is hotmail on your list too?

Al
    I have no interest in hotmail; sorry.

Marc
    I gotta ask...What is OWA?

Thanks.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    OWA = Outlook Web Access: the ability to access a Microsoft Exchange Mail server via a web interface that looks very similar to the Microsoft Outlook personal information manager & e-mail client.

If Marc is working on a way for Chatter to access an OWA site without all the website/Blazer overhead, that would be wonderful.

For it to be of any use for me, however, it would have to support PKI digital certificates. The site I have to access requests a cert, and if I have no way of presenting it from the client I'm using, then the site will refuse to connect. (The ignore certificates option in Chatter won't work because the server demands to know who I am via both account/password & PKI. It's not a matter of just me being sure of who I'm connecting to.)

Anyway, if he can pull it off, and do it from within Chatter's interface, that would be HUGE!!!
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget
    OWA = Outlook Web Access: the ability to access a Microsoft Exchange Mail server via a web interface that looks very similar to the Microsoft Outlook personal information manager & e-mail client.

If Marc is working on a way for Chatter to access an OWA site without all the website/Blazer overhead, that would be wonderful.

For it to be of any use for me, however, it would have to support PKI digital certificates. The site I have to access requests a cert, and if I have no way of presenting it from the client I'm using, then the site will refuse to connect. (The ignore certificates option in Chatter won't work because the server demands to know who I am via both account/password & PKI. It's not a matter of just me being sure of who I'm connecting to.)

Anyway, if he can pull it off, and do it from within Chatter's interface, that would be HUGE!!!
    Chatter would probably have to store the certificate. And who issues certificates for Palm OS? You can get a free certificate from Thawte (www.thawte.com) buy AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $only$ $for$ $Internet$ $Explorer$, $Nesscape$/$Mozilla$/$Firefox$ $and$ $Opera$, $maybe$ $a$ $few$ $others$, $but$ $all$ $for$ $PCs$. $Are$ $the$ $certificates$ $issued$ $by$ $your$ $company$ $or$ $are$ $they$ $from$ $a$ $third$-$party$ $vendor$?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    It would be a DoD-issued cert.

I don't think the cert is OS-specific. The client simply has to know how to present it to the requesting server.

Ideally, I could put the cert on my SD card and have Chatter use it from there.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget
    It would be a DoD-issued cert.

I don't think the cert is OS-specific. The client simply has to know how to present it to the requesting server.

Ideally, I could put the cert on my SD card and have Chatter use it from there.
    The cert has to have the right interface for the software that's using it. That's why there is a different version for each browser, for example.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12