Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Haven't downloaded yet.

Apparent fixes:
    1. No more Hotsync errors.
    2. Back to Navigator after answering phone (for Treo650).
    3. Power off works.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    Link? Cause I'm lazy....
    My Treo's Stats:
    650 Unlocked/Unbranded GSM <br>1.71 Firmware w/ 1.20 ENA
    Carrier: Cingular
    Current BT Headset: Treo Wireless
    GPS: TomTom5 + BT338
    i went to TomTom website and did not see an update or a patch for Nav5.
    How do we get?
  4.    #4  
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    Awesome. Thanks emair!
    My Treo's Stats:
    650 Unlocked/Unbranded GSM <br>1.71 Firmware w/ 1.20 ENA
    Carrier: Cingular
    Current BT Headset: Treo Wireless
    GPS: TomTom5 + BT338
    thank you, emair.
    So I just installed 5.12 and get the same backup error messages. So this update doesnt seem to work. Im running the program and the maps from my sd card. Im assumin that shouldnt make a diffrence?
    Just installed it.
    Wonder what happened to 5.11? How did you find out it was out? They had promised to email me but haven't done so yet....
    I downloaded the upgrade and still get error message when I hotsync! what gives?
    Maybe I'll wait to install. Have you sent them updated info about the hotsync errors? I assume these are the map backup overwrite errors. If that's the case, they either haven't completed the fix or we may need to delete some old files that are now extraneous.
    One other issue that I have reported twice w/ no response:

The installer demands that your Palm software be installed on C:Program Files. I have all my applications installed on D:Program Files and reserve C: strictly for my operating system.

Tom Tom will not install....it is forcing me to reinstall the Palm app to C: which is insane. I have sent several emails and was hoping this updater would solve this issue but it did not!
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris
    Wonder what happened to 5.11? How did you find out it was out? They had promised to email me but haven't done so yet....
    I read in another thread that there was a version update coming soon, so I kept checking the website.

No surprise that they didn't get in touch with you. I sent an email for help with install issues everyone was having and they got back to me 10 days later (with the groundbreaking suggestion to reinstall my Palm desktop software - yeah, right!)
    --
    I just installed the update on my Treo 650 - but the update did not solve the currentmap.dat problem during hotsync !
    The hotsync still hangs during transfer of file currentmap.dat.

How are your experiences with this new update ? Does it solve the hotsync problem on your Palm/PC ?
    I went ahead & installed. Looks like two files only, start.prc & cn.prc were replaced.
    I had previously stopped backing up currentMap.dat. I continue to back up currentmap.dat. Neither of these files seem to be changed by the udpate. I do not get the error because I don't backup 2 files with similiar names.

OOPS-I now have a backup overwrite error for cn.prc. Apparently, their install forced cn into internal memory. I had it on the SD previously. I now have it both places. The new one is just CN in internal and is 61K. The old one is cn.prc and is under PALM/Launcher/ on the SD. These guys sure use some crazy file name procedures (caps vs no-caps, extensions or no extensions). Does anyone know if these are actually significant in Palm OS?
    Last edited by jrfaris; 08/18/2005 at 03:21 PM.
    I say Dump the Tomtom 5 and replace it with the Mapopolis Navcard Less problems to deal with
  17.    #17  
    Holy crap. TomTom has got to hire some better Palm software folks for the installer.

Essentially, the start.prc and cn.prc get replaced in internal memory. The Munich.bin, data.chk, and setup.dat files go into TomTom on the SD. (Extract them from the .cab file it puts in the /Program Files/Palm/UserName/TomTom folder as needed.) I get install errors still and have to install into a VirtualPC WindowsXP with a fresh Palm Desktop. Argh!

First impressions:
    1. Navigator now FORCES the phone to be on! Wha?!
    2. Navigator used to ask twice to turn on Bluetooth. Now it won't stop!!! Sometimes I just want to bring up the map without any GPS or enter contacts.
    3. Contact Navigator is a good idea, but a crummy program. Needs much work. Doesn't let you choose between work, home, other addresses.
    4. Still getting the Hotsync errors about not being able to backup the files.

Come on TomTom!!!! Get it together!
    --
    Downloaded zip file and opened it in palmone so it could read my .dll files. 1st time it crashed. Deleted old files and ran it again. This time it worked! But when I read the version in Tomtom it said 5.00. Set an email to tomtom stating the zip file contained old version
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Bummer to hear about the install issues, especially with the SD card (they installed it that way; I never specified that-- but hey, much more RAM free...). Thanks for reporting here.

BTW, does anyone know the minimum amount of SD space required for installing all the new TomTom 5 maps, and if so, does it overwrite the old folder (just West coast maps for me)?

Thanks.
    I don't have the whole west coast.
    Arizona 18.3M
    CA_NV 74.8M
    Washington 20.8M
    Major Roads & Cities 219.3M
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast