Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I'm having the problem that my Treo goes into pwer saver mode after 3 minutes of running TT, even when I'm pluged into the car power, it also loses the GPS connection at that time, when I hit the END button it comes back up on the screen but has to wait to aquire the GPS again, anyone else?
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris
    I've considered uninstalling as well. However some posts have reported difficulty with the activation code. I did remove a map and was asked for the activation code on the replacement. I used the same code and it worked. I've also seen some posts about a maximum of 2 installations (2 machines) so I'm concerned that re-installing will use those up. The software references a Licences (sic) folder but I haven't found it yet. Sure wish they had better documentation.

jfaris, I bet I have uninstalled and reinstalled 5 or 6 times on one device using the same activation code. I don't think you will have a problem uninstalling the software and trying to reactivate. I keep a copy of my activation code on docs to go so I always have it and I don't have to fool with the ttcode website.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    your cache is low, reset the treo and it will work fine

digitalfx, worked fine but now every time i hot sync i have to do a reset because of the arm read allocation error. do you have any solutions for this?
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr
    jfaris, I bet I have uninstalled and reinstalled 5 or 6 times on one device using the same activation code. I don't think you will have a problem uninstalling the software and trying to reactivate. I keep a copy of my activation code on docs to go so I always have it and I don't have to fool with the ttcode website.
    I was having the endless hotsync backup problem and finally decided to uninstall all TomTom files off of the card and handheld, including the maps. Then I reinstalled the original software and today's update via hotsync and used a card reader to install the maps. I've hotsynced 3 times since and am finally able to sync again!

I talked with support, and the two times entering rule is for two different devices, not the same device. When this will become a problem is if you have to get your Treo replaced more than once.
    Thanks to both wbwjr & RandyGOP for the feedback. I'm going to use it this weekend and then if I still have problems I'll do a re-install next week. I also kept a copy of the code with the documentation. I sent an inquiry to Tomtom about the version update. Still reporting 5.000 so I guess the update I did was faulty somehow. Do you really thinks it's best to remove all the maps? I guess it's not a big issue since I installed most on them directly to the SD and can do so again.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr
    digitalfx, worked fine but now every time i hot sync i have to do a reset because of the arm read allocation error. do you have any solutions for this?
    thanks

Just got off the phone with support. He told me to delete the Navigator and Contact Shortcuts from the palm. Shortcuts probably are corrupt. Remove the sd card and re-insert to re-create the shortcuts. Make sure you have your map activation code.
    Just installed the 5.12 update, verified that the new version is indeed running, and I am still getting the exact same four HotSync error messages.

Just for fun, I deleted the two files in question from the Backup directory. HotSync -- only got two error messages. HotSync again -- back to four error messages.

I may be stating the obvious here, but it certainly appears that the problem here is due to TomTom having two pairs of files where the two files in the pair differ only in capitalization. Let's call the four files X, x, Y and y. When I delete the files from the Backup directory and HotSync, it moves X to Backup\X and all is well (no error message). It moves Y to Backup\Y and all is well (no error message). But then it moves x to Backup\X (because XP treats 'X' and 'x' as identical) and HotSync recognizes the the file it is overwriting does *not* contain the same file is about to write. Same thing happens when it moves y to Backup\Y. Hence two error messages.

When I HotSync again, I get four error messages because now we already have a 'conflict' set up in the Backup directory, so all four operations create an error message instead of only the last two.

I'm gonna' go out on a limb here, but if they simply named the files X, X1, Y and Y1 the problem would go away.

As I sumbitted this to TomTom and it took them 2+ weeks to reply, I will leave it up to someone more patient than me to pass on these simple observations. ;-)
    I've been using the software all weekend. Everything seems to be fixed for me. No crashes or anything. No Hotsync problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdkleinman
    Just installed the 5.12 update, verified that the new version is indeed running, and I am still getting the exact same four HotSync error messages.;-)
    As stated on an earlier post, you can get rid of these errors by unchecking the backup flag on the two Palm files X & Y (or x & Y). This prevents the backup of files with the same name on the notebook. Actually I believe these files may have resulted from some error during the installation process. You could probably just delete one each of the similiar named files and never miss it. There is a chance one of these relates to map activation and you would need to re-enter your activation number. I have asked Tomtom if these near duplicate files are needed but have not received a response.
    I was not able to activate the maps again, after changing the archive bits - it doesn't take the activation codes.
    I had to install TT5 and the maps completely new to activate the map again and run TT5.
    So be carefull to simply change the archive bits.
    Interesting. I've had no problem at all but do believe one of the two files verifies activation for Tomtom. Did not have to re-activate maps at all. I chose to disable bits of the two files containg the imbeded capitals. Still waiting for some response from Tomtom.
    Well I guess I spoke too soon. Now hotsync is reverting back to trying to backup maps even though they were installed directly to the SD card through a card reader. I guess it's back to disabling hotsync backup and just backing up to my SD card.

I shouldn't have any problems changing treos if everything is backed up to the card right? I am getting a new one tomorrow because my audio jack died.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyGOP
    I was having the endless hotsync backup problem and finally decided to uninstall all TomTom files off of the card and handheld, including the maps. Then I reinstalled the original software and today's update via hotsync and used a card reader to install the maps. I've hotsynced 3 times since and am finally able to sync again!

I talked with support, and the two times entering rule is for two different devices, not the same device. When this will become a problem is if you have to get your Treo replaced more than once.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyGOP
    Well I guess I spoke too soon. Now hotsync is reverting back to trying to backup maps even though they were installed directly to the SD card through a card reader. I guess it's back to disabling hotsync backup and just backing up to my SD card.

I shouldn't have any problems changing treos if everything is backed up to the card right? I am getting a new one tomorrow because my audio jack died.
    You won't have a problem restoring your new Treo from the SD card. That is the only backup I use. The problem I think you might have is activating TomTom on the new device unless you have not used the second activation code they allow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael355
    I'm having the problem that my Treo goes into pwer saver mode after 3 minutes of running TT, even when I'm pluged into the car power, it also loses the GPS connection at that time, when I hit the END button it comes back up on the screen but has to wait to aquire the GPS again, anyone else?
    I have the same problem and am trying AlwaysOn (freeware) to disable the auto-off feature of the Treo to see if it helps. I think the Treo doesn't recognize activity anymore and thinks it needs to go into Power save mode dropping the connection.
    On Friday after calling TT tech for a 1/2 hour I finally get a guy on but my phone won't sleep now, typical. Haven't had the problem since either, just try a reset.
    Glad it works now for you. The reset shouldn't be a problem - at least since loading 5.12!
    I don't want to take this off topic (and it may have been mentioned before), but I installed TT to RAM, but I also now have a TomTom folder (on my SD Card) with the following files:

data.chk
    data07.chk
    data07.vif
    Munich.bin
    setup.dat

Is this a duplicate install, and if so can I delete the folder on the card, or does Navigator need it on the card as well. It seems at least contacts navigator needs TT on the card, b/c it used to prompt me for the card with TT installed on it.
    I know the data07 files relate to voice directions. I have two additional files data09 since I installed a second voice. I have the other 3 files also but then I installed TT to internal memory as well. My concern is I have a start.prc in the Palm directory on the card as well as start (no extension) internal. I've asked TT if both are required but am still waiting for a reply.
    Argh. I actually heard back from TT tech support (within 24 hours, no less) and they suggested I delete the offending files in the Backup directory. I tried that already over the weekend, and it does not fix the problem, as we still have the "contention" I described earlier. So now I am on a mission to track down the root cause of this problem once and for all.

Reviewing, here are the error messages from the HotSync log:
    -- WARNING: Possible database overwrite problem. Backing up database currentmap.dat to file C:\Program Files\palmOne\Andrea\Backup\currentmap_dat.PDB. The file contained database CurrentMap.dat data.
    -- Backing up currentmap.dat to C:\Program Files\palmOne\Andrea\Backup\currentmap_dat.PDB
    -- WARNING: Possible database overwrite problem. Backing up database california_north-0ede8dc2.mac to file C:\Program Files\palmOne\Andrea\Backup\california_north-0ede8dc2_mac.PDB. The file contained database california_north-0EDE8DC2.mac data.
    -- Backing up california_north-0ede8dc2.mac to C:\Program Files\palmOne\Andrea\Backup\california_north-0ede8dc2_mac.PDB
    -- WARNING: Possible database overwrite problem. Backing up database california_north-0EDE8DC2.mac to file C:\Program Files\palmOne\Andrea\Backup\california_north-0EDE8DC2_mac.PDB. The file contained database california_north-0ede8dc2.mac data.
    -- Backing up california_north-0EDE8DC2.mac to C:\Program Files\palmOne\Andrea\Backup\california_north-0EDE8DC2_mac.PDB
    -- WARNING: Possible database overwrite problem. Backing up database CurrentMap.dat to file C:\Program Files\palmOne\Andrea\Backup\CurrentMap_dat.PDB. The file contained database currentmap.dat data.

My investigation came to an early and uncerimonious end when I could not located all four of the above files on the Palm -- I can only find the lower-case versions (both of which are the on SD card). Can anyone tell me where the pair of mixed-case files are located?

Thanks in advance,
    BDK.
    On my installation, all four files are in internal memory. I have the currentmap.dat files and a different .mac (relates to the first map I installed). I believe the .mac file probably contains the map activation info. As mentioned by others previsously, it seems these errors result from having duplicate file names except for capitalization which windows cannot differentiate in the backup folder. I suspect that my duplicates resulted from some problem I had during the initial install. I solved my problem by preventing the hotsync backup of two of the four files. I will probably be trying a new install from scratch in the near future to see if I can clean up my overall TTN5 files but would like to get a response from TT to my questions about the multiple files I have before uninstalling.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast