Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    So what's good about this update? It just looks like more bugs than solutions
    Will the POI be ever updated?

Al
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Looks like they've pulled the update from the page listing all available updates. The direct link in the previous messages still seems to get you there.

Quote Originally Posted by tommccombs
    Downloaded zip file and opened it in palmone so it could read my .dll files. 1st time it crashed. Deleted old files and ran it again. This time it worked! But when I read the version in Tomtom it said 5.00. Set an email to tomtom stating the zip file contained old version
    How do you read the version in TomTom?

This is how i got rid of the HotSync errors after updating.

I installed the update, and also still had the hotsync errors. I used filez to delete the 4 files off my internal memory and also removed them from my palm/backup directory(well 2 of them, only the lowercase were on my pc).

I then ran Navigator and was asked which map I wanted (of course, I deleted my current map file) and it then asked for authentication code. I put in the one that I used on the original install and it took that.

I Played a bit w/navigator and then redid the HotSync, and no errors this time.

Looks like they fixed the hotsync errors, but didn't clean up their existing bad backups.
    Last edited by Meinken; 08/18/2005 at 07:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken
    How do you read the version in TomTom?
    When you're on the initial navigation page tap on the GPS signal strength indicator.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    When you're on the initial navigation page tap on the GPS signal strength indicator.
    Thanks, mine still says 5.00 also.
    If that's accurate, then I still have 5.000 as well and I used the .exe file. I'm guessing they missed updating that info. By the way, if you tap on the small version box you get a full screen message with free RAM, GPS driver version, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    One other issue that I have reported twice w/ no response:

The installer demands that your Palm software be installed on C:Program Files. I have all my applications installed on D:Program Files and reserve C: strictly for my operating system.

Tom Tom will not install....it is forcing me to reinstall the Palm app to C: which is insane. I have sent several emails and was hoping this updater would solve this issue but it did not!

Put the Palmone directory in the PC's path.

Control Panel | System | Advanced Tab | Enviroment Variables button

System Variables | Path

Click edit

add ;D:\your palmone directory

That worked for me..
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris
    If that's accurate, then I still have 5.000 as well and I used the .exe file. I'm guessing they missed updating that info. By the way, if you tap on the small version box you get a full screen message with free RAM, GPS driver version, etc.
    Actually mine says 5.12
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken
    Looks like they've pulled the update from the page listing all available updates. The direct link in the previous messages still seems to get you there.
    If you ask for all the updates for Navigator 5, it's there. But it is not listed on the main page of updates.

Grrr... They were so slow to respond to my first email, I'm hesitant to bother now.

Granted, you can turn the phone off once in Navigator, but what a pain.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
  9.    #29  
    Ok, I caved and wrote:

Just installed the 5.12 update for TomTom 5 for the Palm.
    Several VERY important issues:

1) TomTom now FORCES my phone (Treo650) on when starting. Many times I am not interested in having the phone on. Is this necessary?
    2) TomTom keeps asking to turn on Bluetooth forever. Version 5.00 asked twice and then stopped. Sometimes I want to just add a contact and am not interested in GPS mapping.
    3) I still get HotSync errors such as:
    WARNING: Possible database overwrite problem. Backing up
    database currentmap.dat to file
    C:\Program\Files\Palm\MairE\Backup\currentmap_dat.PDB. The file
    contained database CurrentMap.dat data.
    4) The Contact Navigator is a nice idea, but does not select from Work, Home, etc. addresses. Can this be added?

Thank you for your attention to these issues. I recommend your Palm software folks participate in the discussions at treocentral.com to see what other people have to say.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Actually mine says 5.12
    Maybe I should try again. I've got a start.prc in Palm directory on SD and a start (no extension) internally. Can't tell which is the updated tomtom program. Can you check to see what you have? Also, when I try the phone call, it will answer then revert to NAV5 briefly, then to the on-going call screen and when you hang up, to the basic phone screen. How does your's behave. Thanks for the feedback.
    Mine says 5.12 and I used the .exe
    I installed it......twice. Each time I run Navigator, it says that I have version 5.000. What the h? While I was typing this my 650 did a reset all by itself.
    Since the update, my 650 has soft reset a couple of times. Both time it was just sitting at the opening map waiting for GPS. I didn't touch it either time.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I've noticed all the problems you have, emair. You can't route off line because it constantly looks for the GPS. Also, when I'm on the road and receive a phonecall, I'll switch to my EasyDrive, so I don't want TomTom to gain control back.
    Unfortunatly, it didn't fix my biggest gripe. It still announces exits at 1.2 miles (instead of the previous 1 mile) and tells me to exit at 400 yards, nearly .21 miles before the off-ramp (instead of at the off-ramp like Navigator 2004 did)!
    I noticed that mine reset a few times last night after I installed the patch. I'll have to see if it still does that, otherwise I'm going back to 5.0.

Also, I deleted the currentmap file on my pc and now I don't get the hotsync errors.
    Hotsync tries to backup the maps for me as well still. I think it may have something to do with me originally installing the files through hotsync rather than to the SD card. If I uninstall everything and try to reinstall it, do I still use the same activation codes? I just tried to call TomTom but couldn't get through to anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyGOP
    If I uninstall everything and try to reinstall it, do I still use the same activation codes?
    I've considered uninstalling as well. However some posts have reported difficulty with the activation code. I did remove a map and was asked for the activation code on the replacement. I used the same code and it worked. I've also seen some posts about a maximum of 2 installations (2 machines) so I'm concerned that re-installing will use those up. The software references a Licences (sic) folder but I haven't found it yet. Sure wish they had better documentation.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I did a uninstall (deleting all files I could find on my Treo and desktop. Installed from scratch, did the update and everything worked fine. I had no problems using the previous activation code to re-activate the map. I hot-synced a couple of times and everything was good - until - Now I get an error reading.

Arm Load Error - Arm Read: could not allocate memory. I have about 7 megs available. Not sure what is causing this. Any ideas?
    your cache is low, reset the treo and it will work fine
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    thanks digitalfx. i'm so used to doing resets, i guess i didn't think about it this time!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast