1.    #1  
    I heard some great things about the newest version of "Call Filiter" and decided to install it. (I use the latest Cingular GSM update),

It really is a great program, but this is unfortunately yet another example of a good product NOT being compatible with the Treo 650.

After installation of the trial version I realized that calls were not hanging up in a timely manner. I would press the red button or press the BT button on my HBH-608, the Treo would display the "Hanging Up" screen, but would just hang there, every time, for between 15 and 40 seconds. It's difficult to say whether the call actually terminated right away or not. I tried hard and soft resets with Call Filter still installed, but I couldn't shake this symptom.

Finally, reluctantly, I deleted Call Filter and this issue dissappeared completely.

Suggestions? Comments? Snide Remarks?

Thanks.

PS: As a suggestion to the makers of Call Filter: In the next version, instead of the feature of the Sim-Voice reciting the callers number, offer a feature of annoucing their name too. I mean separately, not in addtition to the number. 5 years ago I had a really nice standard speaker/cell phone, it was either a Samsung or a Sanyo and it did this... God it was a great phone. If only the 650 was even half as reliable.
  2.    #2  
    Nobody else experiences this?

Wow... maybe I should contact Call Filter tech support and see if it's me...
    Good luck contacting them. We all gave up on CF.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Yep, everyone pretty much gave up on that one being updated. $30 and no more updates? I certainly feel cheated.
    callfilter is not compatible with the 650 and never claimed to be.

the developer has abandoned future development (hopefully not for good) due to personal difficulties.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    callfilter is not compatible with the 650 and never claimed to be.

the developer has abandoned future development (hopefully not for good) due to personal difficulties.
    Man that really sucks... it's got the makings of something great. On a selfish note, I hope whatever it is he/she gets through it soon.
    no replacers yet? a call filter is a long wish for us...
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by matro
    no replacers yet? a call filter is a long wish for us...
    you can try Lightwav www.toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Here comes the guy promoting his software but shy away when users start asking questions on bugs!!!
    I know others have reported bad experiences but smiley has always been fast and responsove for me.

He does promote more than support in the forum, but I have found is email support to be on a par with other great developers.

What is your personal experience that has been negative? Please report if you have any.

My only criticism is that I think some releases should be advertised as betas, not release versions...ie Marc Blanc's chatteremail.
    Do a search on this site and you'll see a long list of complains about him/his apps. Personally I'm not happy with his support (emails), long story. Botton line is that it'll be nice if he addresses issues/bugs as often as he promotes his software.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNaik
    Do a search on this site and you'll see a long list of complains about him/his apps. Personally I'm not happy with his support (emails), long story. Botton line is that it'll be nice if he addresses issues/bugs as often as he promotes his software.
    I don't need to search...I've been here awhile.

My point is if you are going to slam...please go right ahead but back it up. Dont' just parrot what everyone else says.
    Look mate, what's your problem?

"I don't need to search...I've been here awhile", good on ya!!! So you should know the issue, so why the hack do you wanna open the can of worms again???

You want facts? Ok, that piece of cr@p software call LightWav crashed so many times, lost count of how many times my Treo reset, email the guy and hey no reply. Maybe your ego being "been here awhile" is getting to your head, get off your high horse and do some research!!!
    Look mate, what's your problem?

"I don't need to search...I've been here awhile", good on ya!!! So you should know the issue, so why the hack do you wanna open the can of worms again???

You want facts? Ok, that piece of cr@p software call LightWav crashed so many times, lost count of how many times my Treo reset, email the guy and hey no reply. Maybe your ego being "been here awhile" is getting to your head, get off your high horse and do some research!!!
    I said it because I know about all of the LW complaints..Lighten up Francis
    I said it because I know about all of the LW complaints..Lighten up Francis
    Lighten up yourself Danny
    danny is smiley 88...I am Phil.

relax...my point is back it up with facts if you want to slam.
    I am boy...Hi Thais!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    danny is smiley 88...I am Phil.

relax...my point is back it up with facts if you want to slam.
    Guess you're a bit slow today. Only Danny would support / slam users complaining about his service, so that's why the reference to Danny.

Well, you heard my "facts" and there are plenty of others on this site. I reckon I've done enough "slamming" for the day. Back to Treo discussion.
    Guess you're a bit slow today. Only Danny would support / slam users complaining about his service, so that's why the reference to Danny.

Well, you heard my "facts" and there are plenty of others on this site. I reckon I've done enough "slamming" for the day. Back to Treo discussion.
    Link me to where he (Smiley88) is slamming someone.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Why is this even an issue? To each his own... For me LW blows donkey loins. For others it works great. For some Smiley is helpful, for most others he is not. Blah, blah, blah.... relax people. Tomorrows Sept. 11th, forget our differences.