View Poll Results: What carrier do you use?

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sprint

74 39.36%
  • Verizon

43 22.87%
  • Cingular

54 28.72%
  • T-Mobile

17 9.04%
  1.    #1  
    It seems that most people who visit this forum bought their Treos from Sprint. How many of the people here use a Verizon 650? I am not talking about a Sprint T650 modified to run on Verizon's network, either.

I just switched from Sprint to Verizon (buying a new phone), and I noticed that Sprint's 1.12 is much better than Verizon's 1.03. I also noticed that my Sprint - with the same apps installed - had more memory (23 MB) compared to Verizon (20.4 mb). I thought this was strange.
    Last edited by rhpt; 08/17/2005 at 10:08 PM.
    I'm not sure of the logic of the thread topic v. the poll. The topic says "Verizon Treo 650 Users," yet you want to know which carrier we use? If you're on Verizon, that's what you're using.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
  3.    #3  
    I suppose the subject of the thread is a bit confusing. I tried changing the subject, but no luck. Maybe an admin will change the subject for me
    Quote Originally Posted by rhpt
    I just switched from Sprint to Verizon (buying a new phone), and I noticed that Sprint's 1.12 is much better than Verizon's 1.03.
    Can you tell me why the 1.12 is better? I read all these things that makes me feel inferior by using Verizon (the biggest is the difference in data cost). Thanks.
  5.    #5  
    It's the little things, really.

• The ability to turn off the LED. I know there are 3rd party tools that let you do this, but it's nice to have it built-in.

• VersaMail being installed natively (this doesn't have anything to do with 1.12, just Sprint in general). Adding VersaMail as an add-on just takes up more memory.

• You can delete SMS messages without having to "Go To" the message itself.

• The splash mods causes problems with my VZW Treo

• BT DUN is still disabled, if that's your bag

• 1.12 seems a bit faster than VZW's 1.03.

• There a few other things I can't think of at the moment

You can't beat Sprint's $15 all-you-can-eat data plan, but consolidating my plan with my wife's (who was an existing VZW customer) saved us some money, even with the outrageous price VZW charges for their data plan
    Last edited by rhpt; 08/18/2005 at 12:04 AM.
    I switched recently from Sprint to Verizon due to coverage issues and dropped calls. Service is now much more dependable, downloading and web access speeds are noticably faster in NW suburban Chicago area.

Bought a new 650 through Verizon, and sold the Sprint machine to my son in Dallas.

Glad I switched!
    You can't beat Sprint's $15 all-you-can-eat data plan
    Everytime I see this mentioned here on the board, I feel like bending over.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I think the subject of this thread is going to skew your poll results....
    Yes. I am a Verizon user and I do use Verizon. LOL
  10.    #10  
    Well, I got GalenMD to change the subject of this thread. Hopefully, the poll will be "fair and balanced" now
    I use sprint and I love it. Mainly because I have the unlimited vision package for $10 which also includes unlimited texts. I've considered switching carriers many times, but the vision service keeps me here. Coverage could be better, but I have the roaming option so it's no big deal. I only have problems on the base that I work on and no one really has decent service there either.
    Quote Originally Posted by vporter
    I use sprint and I love it. Mainly because I have the unlimited vision package for $10 which also includes unlimited texts. I've considered switching carriers many times, but the vision service keeps me here. Coverage could be better, but I have the roaming option so it's no big deal. I only have problems on the base that I work on and no one really has decent service there either.
    I agree w/ya.. Cheaper data rates and unlimited everything(basically). I am just waiting for the towers to start showing up at local Nextel stores so coverage will be better.(Not that I have much to complain about coverage now.) When they do release a treo w/EVDO compatibility; from what I hear Sprint is faster... Sprint all the way!!!!
    I have VZW with the Treo 650 and unlimited Data plus 2500 text messages for some crazy $20/month. I ported from Nextel mainly to get the treo and the data as I don't really use cellular phone minutes. I have two questions though. 1. If Sprints data is better, why does Verizon charge so much? 2. and why would it benefit me to have verizon at all? If their service is subpar to sprint and their costs are more? Is there any benefit? I feel like like BOHICA when I get my bill if I didn't go to Sprint or Cingular.
  14.    #14  
    I switched to Verizon because my wife, who has been with VZW, regularly gets better coverage than I. Sprint wasn't bad, but my wife's was just better.

I really don't know why VZW charges so much for their data plan.
  15.    #15  
    Allright. Verizon officially sucks, and I regret having ever switched.

I received my first bill today, and noticed that I was charged for all my text messages. Having the freaking $45 data plan, I thought (and was told) that text messages would be free. Silly me! Apparently, to have "unlimited" text messages is an extra freakin' $20 a month! So what I had at Sprint for $15 (unlimited data and text messaging), would cost me $65 with Verizon.

Seriously, why would anyone subscribe to their data plans?
    Allright. Verizon officially sucks, and I regret having ever switched.

I received my first bill today, and noticed that I was charged for all my text messages. Having the freaking $45 data plan, I thought (and was told) that text messages would be free. Silly me! Apparently, to have "unlimited" text messages is an extra freakin' $20 a month! So what I had at Sprint for $15 (unlimited data and text messaging), would cost me $65 with Verizon.

Seriously, why would anyone subscribe to their data plans?
    I'm pretty sure sprint will welcome you back!!
  17.    #17  
    bump