1.    #1  
    anybody know how to connect a 650 through bluetooth to a bmw 530i.
    You first need to make sure that you updated your firmware from palmone.com, for Verizon, Sprintpcs, and Cingulair. You can go to www.bimmerfest.com/forum and do a search. It has been extensively discussed.

Anyway, you basically sit in your car, turn your ignition to position 2 or 3,
    press down on your idrive button,
    scroll to Communication Settings,
    select Bluetooth,
    select Settings,
    select Bluetooth communication active. This will make sure that your BMW's bluetooth is active. Now go back to the bluetooth section and select Phone, once the message "Bluetooth connectable in this menu" is displayed, the vehicle is in pairing mode.

Now on your Treo 650, go to the Bluetooth manual and select Setup Devices,
    select Hands-free Setup,
    select Next, the phone will be in searching mode, hopefully it will see the BMW 530i, once it does see it, via the CID select "Add Device" and press controller, enter your passkey 0000. You will need to enter the same passkey on your phone (any digits up to 16 will do but must match between your phone and you BMW)
    Select "Confirm passkey" and press the controller. Your phone will ask you to accept the connection.
    This should pair the phone to your BMW 530i, it might take a few try because Treo 650 is not listed as BMW bluetooth compatible since they use different bluetooth type.
    As to your phone book favorites, there are many rules to follow or else your Treo will reset in a loop. My advice is for you to search the bimmerfest forum or E60 Forum. I know it is not ideal but at least it works.
    Sorry that this is complicated but it is not suppose to work in the first place. Hope I did the procedure order correctly. Again this is discussed much in the above mentioned forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkt6
    anybody know how to connect a 650 through bluetooth to a bmw 530i.
    I afraid that the Sprint PCS Treo was the only one that got the update to the BT carkits that made the Treo compatible with the BMWs. If you don't have a Sprint Treo then you are out of luck, until if ever Palm decides to share the update with the rest of the Treos.
    I am afraid I have to disagree. I have the 2005 BMW 530i and a Verizon Treo 650. My phone connects to my car via bluetooth automatically every time I sit in it. The initial pairing took a few try but it is working everytime now. It is not "fully" functional as you can only see your favorite list of number and not your whole contact list but it dials and receives calls very well. After the 1.03 update from Verizon, it connects even faster and the call is very clear now. So as I said, it works, not perfect, but it works.
  5.    #5  
    When I go to Communication Settings I don't have a bluetooth selection.
    When you go into Communication Settings, you could be at a subsection already, the Bluetooth selection is on the same line as the BMW Service Settings, the top line/section in your communication settings. Just had a thought, what year is your BMW 530i? If it is not 2005, the iDrive menu might be different from mine. If it is 2006, go here http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/...ury.htm?id=149 and you can find some information about pairing your bluetooth phone. Actually it is just like pairing any compatible bluetooth phones. The other place where you can find information on your BMW is the bimmerfest forum. Here is a link to the bluetooth treo 650 pairing specifically: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84661 Hope this help. Last resort is to go to your salesperson and have him show you how to pair, when you buy a BMW, you are treated as a royalty and they will try to help you with any minor problem. I hope this help.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by addictedtotreo
    It is not "fully" functional as you can only see your favorite list of number and not your whole contact list but it dials and receives calls very well
    Q: Did you need to do any special formatting of the favorites numbers?

(123)456-7890

Does it seem to matter?
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch
    Q: Did you need to do any special formatting of the favorites numbers?

(123)456-7890

Does it seem to matter?
    Just got the retrofit kit installed for my 330Ci and have been playing quite a bit. Most of my numbers are Outlook-formated as +1 (NPA) NPX-YYYY. No special formatting seems to be necessary.

The Treo (by design) only "sends" Speeddial entries as opposed to all Contacts, however, as I use Greatlink this works better for me since I'm sure if they used the Contacts DB I'd be SOL. So I did need to spend a little time doing this. Also frustrating to figure out at first, the BMW only picks up the Phonebook (from Speeddials) after an ignition off/on. This took me awhile to figure out.

All in all it's very slick, the only thing I can't figure out (anyone who can help, please do!) is how to transfer an active call from the phone to the car. For example, say I'm walking out of a customer on the phone, and want to transfer the call to the car as I get in to it. Can't figure that out.

-jd