Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I had been using cwmx.com as the Cingular SMTP server to send emails without a problem in June. I had to get another 650 replacement and now I cannot send with the same settings. I can recieves emails without a problem. Has anyone found a solution. Cingular has not been all that helpful.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    What email service are you using?
    I posted this on another thread and it worked for them. Hopefully it will work for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think your problem might be this. Go back to the setup of your email account in Versamail and click edit. Go thru the entire setup and at the end click on advanced. Go thru that until you see Outgoing Server Settings and check the one that says Use authentication (ESMTP).

Put in your user name and password. That's the only thing that I can think of as to why you can receive emails from the server and not send them. Try it and report back.
    Are you getting an error message?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I am using outlook. I get a message that it times out.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I tried this and at the point where you use authentication it says (APOP) any way it did not help.
    Are you using a POP server? For example, I have bellsouth.net, and under account setup and edit, I would select Bellsouth as my mail server, but "POP" did not appear underneath it. Because of this, I could not send mail out, although I could receive mail. So, instead of selecting Bellsouth, I selected "Other", then proceeded to enter my incoming and outgoing mail servers (my outgoing is also cwmx.com). Once I did that, and then went back to check the settings, Bellsouth appeared, instead of "Other", but now had the POP underneath.

After that, I had no problem sending out mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by srouse
    I tried this and at the point where you use authentication it says (APOP) any way it did not help.
    You didn't follow the instructions. You went only as far as the incoming server setup, checking that one won't help. The next screen is the outgoing server setup (the one I said to check).
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Thanks but I have already done that. It very frustrating.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I did follow the advanced intructions to outgoing this time and it was aready checked and I the user name and password were assigned.
    Quote Originally Posted by srouse
    I did follow the advanced intructions to outgoing this time and it was aready checked and I the user name and password were assigned.
    If you didn't assign the user name and password, who did? They don't know your password, so if you didn't put those in there, re-do it as the correct user name and password need to be used. Also, try it two ways if the first doesn't work. With swbell.net, our user name is the entire email address (rediculous, but it is). Try that if the first time doesn't work. Good luck.