1.    #1  
    I did the update last night, following the instructions to the letter (laptop in front of me with instructions, Treo connected to wall power and laptop USB).

Everything appeared to be ok, no error messages or anything. However, all events in my Calender reverted to "Unfiled", and the categories I had defined were gone. Many hours of work, but not the end of the world. I emailed support to ask for info and was referred to Apple (since I use iSync). Apple had no clue at all.

However, while on the phone with Apple, I started checking other stuff, and discovered to my shock that all my Memos were missing. Not one single one on the Treo. I had around 50, some with important information (that I cannot recreate and don't remember - that's why I have a Treo).

Has anyone experienced anything similar, and more importantly, are my files still available somewhere?

I looked in my Palm/hotsync_name folder and found several files in Backup/, as well as a User Data file and some other stuff, but couldn't find anything that looked like my Memos.

Anyone?

SMSD
    Quote Originally Posted by SMSD
    Everything appeared to be ok, no error messages or anything. However, all events in my Calender reverted to "Unfiled", and the categories I had defined were gone...I started checking other stuff, and discovered to my shock that all my Memos were missing.
    Has anyone experienced anything similar, and more importantly, are my files still available somewhere?

Anyone?

SMSD
    I've had this happen after a trying the clean slate approach (Hard Reset, Rename Backup Folder, Synch). I just didn't pay careful attention to my conduits before synching.
    If you hard-reset, you lose your customized categories on the Calendar.
    Before a Synch, I FIRST enter in my custom categories on the Treo Calendar. Then, I set my conduits so that Outlook overwrites the Handheld for Calendar. That way, you keep your categories on the Treo.

I'm not sure this helps you, since I wouldn't know where to find your missing memos. Do you synch with Outlook or Palm Desktop? How did you have your Conduits set? Was it so that the Handheld wins over the Desktop?
  3.    #3  
    It was a clean slate approach, as I had too little available memory to perform the upgrade within the unit (15MB required, I had 5 free).

The category thing is good to know for some other time (same thing happened when I upgraded from a 600 to 650, I spent hours redoing every event in the calendar).

The important part is the Memos. I followed the instructions on Palm's site, if I recall correctly it was setting all conduits to "Sync", I had Backup to Backup (copy/sync), iSync to Sync, install to install, Memo pad to Sync.

It's the same settings I've had previously, and everything worked perfectly until the upgrade. I'm hoping the memos are there somewhere, just not synced back to the Treo.

I use iSync, not Palm Desktop (it's installed, but not used) or Entourage (Outlook).

smsd
  4.    #4  
    Bump....